Good: Sandy Hook Promise

This is a discussion on Good: Sandy Hook Promise within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On the 6pm news I heard the founder of Sandy Hook Promise say that the answers may well come from gun owners. Most sense I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Good: Sandy Hook Promise

Good: Sandy Hook Promise

On the 6pm news I heard the founder of Sandy Hook Promise say that the answers may well come from gun owners. Most sense I have heard in a month.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

2. Remove Ads

It's got that code phrase in it...

"common sense solutions".
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I believe that somewhere over 99% of all gun owners are capable of helping come up with common sense solutions.
    I also believe that taking action based on some number that's far less than 1% of a given population sub-set is not common sense at all.
    shooterX likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Senior Moderator
    I don't think that any gun owner would have a problem with mental health issues showing up in a background check, that's a common sense solution.
    archer51 likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    The key words here are common sense, That does not fit in with the progressive agenda.
    Nmuskier likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    When you watch an African nature program you watch lions kill an antelope and after they have eaten you watch the vultures "finish off" the carcass. After the madman killed 20 young children and the two adults at Sandy Hook, you watched and continue to watch the media and the politicos (including you know who, who wiped the tearless wetness from his eye (good theater) feed like vultures on the carcasses of these unfortunate children with all their meaningless and useless barrage of gun control crap that does not change anything. The unfortunate aftermath of this is this "Sandy Hook Promise" where we get to see the parents being "duped" into more feeding. We can now add this to all the other "tragedy groups" who, when counted, are probably getting close to having an anniversary memorial every week of the year. I saw a picture today in the paper with Sandy Hook parents holding a picture of their son and I cannot but think of how they have been "duped" into this feeding frenzy over their son's carcass. Harsh? Maybe. True? As far as I am concerned, that is what I see and it saddens me to see then being "used", whether they want to admit it or not.
    BkCo1 and PAPADALE1 like this.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    It's nice that people care.
    It's nice that people want to do something.
    It's nice people want to discuss the issues.

The reality is that we live in a world that is "Not Nice." Never has been, never will be.

In the interview I hear words from parents such as "Holistic Approach." Sadly, the progressive liberals hear the words "Ban Guns"

While I fully understand these parents wanting to do something; anything...they and their website will be (if not already) turned into
    a agenda marketing regime aimed at gun owners rights. When I or anyone talk like this, I or we are labeled as uncaring, unfeeling, insensitive boobs.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The incident in Newtown was rare. A freak of nature; yet out of frustration comes emotional guidance which is almost always wrong
    and misdirected.
    ccw9mm and JoJoGunn like this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

The politicians in New York and Washington are standing on the bodies of those kids using their deaths as a political agenda item mandate. They have no intrest in solving any issue. They want what they want and they will use anything to get their agenda through. It is almost sickening to watch them at work. I hope the nation is taking notice. If you support them in their efforts, you are just as guilty.
    PAPADALE1 and RightsEroding like this.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

They go after magazine capacity and leave out... HOW DO WE PROTECT OUR CHILDREN. It is obvious whats happening here. Let's stop dancing to the monkeys tune and put pressure on these political hacks.

Obama is bringing a bunch of children to the White House tomorrow so he can use them as a "shield" while he talks about infringing upon our Rights.

"Common sense" tells me that that is a disgusting tactic.

Using the children: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...erned-letters/
    Last edited by 1MoreGoodGuy; January 15th, 2013 at 06:23 PM. Reason: added link
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Semi-auto weapons have been in the hands of the public since the turn of the previous century. The difference the last 30 years is decline in mental health funding and resources, cheap and powerful drugs, instant access to info (not all good), widespread decline of the family unit, the stomping of values and morals out of schools, etc. but yet they see the problem being guns. From what I see proposed, nothing they are proposing would impact criminals or crazies, just the law abiding gun owners. How's that solving anything?
    PAPADALE1 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Common sense shows that the Obama & Friends are using the Sandy Hook massacre as a catalyst for things far more sinister than most people realize.

Quote Originally Posted by bkenut View Post
    They go after magazine capacity and leave out... HOW DO WE PROTECT OUR CHILDREN. It is obvious whats happening here. Let's stop dancing to the monkeys tune and put pressure on these political hacks.
    If you are hoping to hold on to what we have, maybe, but it's unlikely there will be no change at all. If you are hoping to have the freedoms that were intended, we are past the point of no return. DC is the parasite that has brought the host to it's knees, and then wants more. There should be no more pressure tactics. It doesn't work.

DC will have to be de-funded by the States and told to pizzoff by the Governors. The fed admittedly doesn't have the resources to enforce marijuana laws in Colorado. Do you think they can enforce a magazine limit or AWB in 15 states that ignore them? When the fed threatens to withhold their share of federal dollars, the states can quit sending them money to withhold. This isn't rocket science. States still have leverage. If you don't live in a red one, you might want to reconsider. If you don't like the state you are fleeing but still tend to vote liberal, please flee to a state other than Texas.
    TY54712

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I don't think that any gun owner would have a problem with mental health issues showing up in a background check, that's a common sense solution.
    Unless I have missed something even those with a mental health issue are innocent of any guilt or crime which could or would remove their rights as a citizen of this Country. "INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY" I thought was one of the great things about this country. But seems many are willing to give that up.

Until you prove to be a criminal everyone has the same rights as anyone else, or has that changed? Problem is those who want to take your guns and gun rights away are the same ones who want to say its not some morons fault they did what they did after they do it.

How many times have we heard those wanting to control guns say it's not the mass shooters fault but the gun. This fight has nothing to do with the shooting of people not even small kids. It's the control the powers to be want over the masses and they will do and say anything needed to get what they want.

They are eating away on us little by little getting "US" (the gun owner) to give up little things one at a time. They then set the bar at that new level and move on to the next little thing they can get us to give on.

If we stand firm and strong where we stand together we have a chance. If we start giving in to things because is doesn't effect us or we think it can't be all that bad we start to divide are strength and we become weak. (We lose)
    Pistology likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Obama is bringing a bunch of children to the White House tomorrow so he can use them as a "shield" while he talks about infringing upon our Rights.

"Common sense" tells me that that is a disgusting tactic.

Using the children: Obama Will Unveil Gun Measures Flanked by Children From ?Around the Country? Who Wrote Concerned Letters | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Would you like to bet on the "makeup" of this group of kids? How about at least 1 girl, 1 boy, 1 black, 1 white, 1 asian, 1 latino and maybe 1 gay. I could be wrong but I would not bet against it--it would be just like this chicago thug and his cronies to make sure that he plays this for all it is worth--as if trotting children out in front of the cameras is not disgusting to begin with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links