The WALLY Walk

This is a discussion on The WALLY Walk within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CigarStix So, what's the deal with "the Wally walk"?Is this a right of passage that I should plan on once I receive ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The WALLY Walk

Quote Originally Posted by CigarStix View Post
    So, what's the deal with "the Wally walk"?Is this a right of passage that I should plan on once I receive my CHL?LOL
    Its a fun right of passage geared to get newbies comfortable with carrying. I did mine and had a blast. These days I don't even notice my sidearm.

WallyWorldMap.gif
    mano3 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

While I try to frequent Wally World as infrequently as possible (I hate undiciplined, snot nosed, screaming rug-rats and their fat butt hillybilly mothers who block the ailes with their carts while staring open mouthed and blank eyed at the merchandise), I have never seen a Walmart that was posted. And they have had some good deals on ammo in the past. And I mean no offense to any good ol rednecks out there--I'm a bit of one myself; I just hate the idjuts who don't control their brats when out in public--and it seems like they like to frequent Walmart in greater numbers than more "normal" folks whose family trees tend to branch a little wider than some of the families here in southern Ohio.
    mano3 and ODCaloney like this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    I only bought ammo once from Wal Mart and it was about 7 years ago. It was a box of 12 g shells for my double barrel. I never shot the gun so I still have the shells. I don't buy ammo from Wal Mart now because they won't let me CC in their stores.
    Ive never seen any signs even if I did wouldn't matter where I live
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Personally, I try to avoid large gatherings of idiots when I'm carrying, so Walmart is off the list. To be honest, Walmart isn't on ANY of my shopping lists. Hate the place, and life is better without it.
    CaptSmith likes this.

It's just a fun rite-of-passage.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    I only bought ammo once from Wal Mart and it was about 7 years ago. It was a box of 12 g shells for my double barrel. I never shot the gun so I still have the shells. I don't buy ammo from Wal Mart now because they won't let me CC in their stores.
    Not sure I understand. Wal Mart official policy is they follow the law of the state the store is located in. If your store is posted, it is the manager doing it, not the corporation. I both OC and CC in all the Wal Mart here in my area and have never had anyone say a thing to me about it.
    pfries likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    If you don't do the walk then you are not one of us and may be subjected to a brutal . I still hit my WW for ammo. Got lucky and they had Fed and WWB 9mm ammo the other day. I bought all they had, well almost all they had, I decided to be nice and share a few boxes with an older gentleman standing behind me who about cried when he seen she was scooping it all up for me. I also didn't want to be labeled as a ammo hoarder either .

When I go there all I see is illegal moms walking around with three young kids and one in the oven. What's going on with that picture ?
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    Its a fun right of passage geared to get newbies comfortable with carrying. I did mine and had a blast. These days I don't even notice my sidearm. WallyWorldMap.gif
    Thanks for the Map! Now I feel ready!! LOL
    rigel42 likes this.
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

No signs in our 5 Walmarts here...
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Well I used to work at WM and you get used to all those people..ha
    But man I know it gets bad in there..
    But giving people shopping carts makes it even worse..They drive them carelessly and speed around quarners..
    You just have a right to cart license or something.ha.
    But compared to the mall thats where my wife works and damn..
    Anyways Yeh I normally shopped at Scheels,but I hate that place now..
    I found a Sportsmans Wherehouse nearby,But if WM has the same type of ammo its normally $5-10 cheaper..which helps alot

I cc all the time at local Wally and they still sell ammo but supply goes almost as fast as they get it in. To avoid all of the crazies and strange characters I usually go in mid morning and it is pleasant experience.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    The "Walk"is the Rite of Passage AND you have to buy a bag of Nachos too. Otherwise you Fail!!!!.

New Member Array Chrischandler71's Avatar

The WALLY Walk

I just got mine.. Have not been to Wally World... Although I did got to Sam's, Dollar General, and Kroger today.. No problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Hey! I didn't get my badge!!
    Ya me to whats up with thaaaaat!!!!! lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links