It's a Miracle...

It's a Miracle...

This is a discussion on It's a Miracle... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After 35 years of marriage...it took the first 32 years and a bad experience to get my wife to get her CCW. That was a ...

Thread: It's a Miracle...

It's a Miracle...

After 35 years of marriage...it took the first 32 years and a bad experience to get my wife to get her CCW. That was a start...once in a while she would take her .38 special on trips to her sister's place. The gun was just in her purse. It all ended there...no personal carry on her body...but now, after 3 more years, TV news, my preaching, blah, blah, blah...it happened yesterday.

We were going to go to the mall, and she starts talking about me ALWAYS having my weapon...she has no problem with that...
    I suggest that she try the KelTec .32 with a pocket holster, and she tries it but feels that it is too bulky. Then she suggests trying my 'little' NAA .22LR (tiny pistol)...I was shocked!

OK, I dig it out of the safe with a Hedley holster, and she puts it in her front pocket and comments that "This is just fine!". Off we go to the mall, and we are both armed!

Now most will say that the little .22 isn't worth much, but that's not the point. I just want her to get into the habit of feeling both comfortable and the need to carry on the body...so far, so good!
    It's a start...and I am delighted...

Now we are beginning to talk (and agree) about what WE do together in various scenarios...I can't believe it...but I like it!

It took me 32 years to change her mind-set about CCW and another 3 years to change her mind about CCW on the body...We are definitly getting there...
    Yeeeeeeeeeessssss!

Stay alert...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wow,

There is hope.

My wife is still in the stage of extreem fear about guns. I think she whould use the one at the house if she had to, but she does not like it at all. I'm looking into getting a .22 for her at her request.

Nice to here that miracles happen.

Thumbs up Great Direction!

You're right, some may argue that a 22 might not be much, but it is a great start!!

I carry a NAA 22 Mag in my front pocket pretty much EVERYWHERE!! Nice BUG, or a better-than-nothing primary in certain situations.

crankinNM, if you haven't purchased yet, you might consider the 22 mag vs. the 22 LR - every little bit helps!

Congrats to both of you on any step in the right direction

Carry safe,

ccWV
    The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they think themselves competent, . . . that it is their RIGHT AND DUTY TO BE AT ALL TIMES ARMED . . . Thomas Jefferson (June 5, 1824)

Administrator

Thumbs up

A small .22 is sure one heckova lot better than no .22 at all.

I'm just glad that she is carrying something.

I WANT people to carry.

Nothing beats being able to reach out and touch someone ~ with anything akin to a decently fast moving projectile.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Now if only I could convince my wife.

pax
    Excellent.

Always glad to know there's another armed woman taking responsibility for her own safety.

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

Good job. Patience and time can do wonders!

Assistant Administrator
    Better late than never huh?!

My wife has her CCW - must be coming up two years and she has my Bersa 380 as her own but - I am still slowly working on her carrying more regularly. She no longer asks me ''are you carrying'' - she knows better as my carry is total.!

Your news is good and in some ways could be seen as a quantum leap - it should hopefully progress even further now
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sponsored Links