goodyear tires and ccw not in their store - Page 2

goodyear tires and ccw not in their store

This is a discussion on goodyear tires and ccw not in their store within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i can say wont be goodwho no more...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: goodyear tires and ccw not in their store

i can say wont be goodwho no more

VIP Member
    Best thing Goodyear had going fo it was the blimp covering football games.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

This is very useful information. I will be needing new SUV tires before too long, however I herewith end a long association w Goodyear.<P>
    Choices? Priceless!
    ep1953 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    snip...Exceptions apply to on-duty law enforcement personnel...snip
    So if I'm an off-duty LEO (and I'm not), I guess they don't want my business either.

Guess I'll also take my business elsewhere.
    ep1953 likes this.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Oh well, they are overpriced on their tires anyway

I say you made the right call. It's ridiculous not to allow carrying into your tire shop. Who does that? I can understand a daycare or health facility, but a tire shop?

We have them on one of our Impalas. We'll be putting Michelins on from now on.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

I was encouraged by smolck and sent my own email to Goodyear:

To Whom it May Concern;

"I was recently made aware of your company policy that prohibits the carrying of firearms in your stores by licensed individuals. I wish to let you know that I have been a customer for many years, however I will no longer be purchasing your tires for any of my vehicles in the future. As a law-abiding citizen, gun owner, and conceal carry permit holder I refuse to support any corporation that does not support my right to defend myself. Instead, I will spend my money with companies that do support the second amendment. In addition, I will be telling all of my friends and acquaintances that Goodyear cares nothing about it's patrons having the right to defend themselves and I will encourage them to choose another brand of tires."

I'm sure I'll get the same lame canned response, but at least the corporation is hearing from those of us who are fighting for our rights.
    smolck, DC and GoPackman like this.

Good for you. I think it is even more important now to do this. There are businesses that support our rights, let's support them.

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Ive seen the list of companys that actively are anti gun. I havent been able to find a list of companys that are actively pro gun rather than just not anti gun neutral. Would be nice to know.

While I respect your decision to boycott the place based on your belief that they really give a hoot if they lose a sale every now and again. I for one don't give a hoot about their sign on the door and will go in and buy whatever the heck I want, when I want, and also don't give a hoot who gets the money for it. I got what I came for and it was either a fair deal or I wouldn't have made the purchase in the first place. Truth of he matter is a simple one for me. So much of my money goes to companies and the federal and state governments that would love to zero most all of my rights and liberties, that targeting the sign, or the company that sports it is like a body blow to Zeus himself. IMO, all you really do is inconvenience yourself at their behest. I say go in, do your business loaded to the teeth and practice your God given right to self defense/preservation and smile the whole time... And remember, these clowns practice deception and misdirection day in and day out. It comes under the guise of (SALE) and pandered by salesman...
    Anubis and GoPackman like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

So if I go buy GoodYear tires (which I don't) I would have to leave my gun either at home or in the car? LOL! Fudge GoodYear and their tires! I use special tires Low Pros which GY doesn't make and I buy Bridgestone tires for my wife's car.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    While I respect your decision to boycott the place based on your belief that they really give a hoot if they lose a sale every now and again. I for one don't give a hoot about their sign on the door and will go in and buy whatever the heck I want, when I want, and also don't give a hoot who gets the money for it. I got what I came for and it was either a fair deal or I wouldn't have made the purchase in the first place. Truth of he matter is a simple one for me. So much of my money goes to companies and the federal and state governments that would love to zero most all of my rights and liberties, that targeting the sign, or the company that sports it is like a body blow to Zeus himself. IMO, all you really do is inconvenience yourself at their behest. I say go in, do your business loaded to the teeth and practice your God given right to self defense/preservation and smile the whole time... And remember, these clowns practice deception and misdirection day in and day out. It comes under the guise of (SALE) and pandered by salesman...
    You have your right and that is fine. My state is one where a sign carries as much weight as the paper it's printed from, but I will still choose to spend my money elsewhere. See the problem with our society is people won't allow themselves to be inconvenienced for their beliefs. What if I, as a carrier of a Glock 27 which only holds 9 rounds in the mag said "well this gun control stuff won't affect me, my gun isn't what they are talking about" and didn't fight along side my AR and AK toting brethren? Or worse yet, voted FOR the ban on hi cap mags? I just hurt myself in the long run. And since few are willing to boycott stupid companies for stupid rules like this, then they get away with it. We have two ways to vote in this country, with our ballots on election day and with our wallets every other day.

If you (not you personally, just people in general) are not willing to do it, then you aren't dedicated to the cause and therefore lukewarm. So I humbly disagree with your sentiment and ask others to take more of a stand and maybe we will get real change someday.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    You have your right and that is fine. My state is one where a sign carries as much weight as the paper it's printed from, but I will still choose to spend my money elsewhere. See the problem with our society is people won't allow themselves to be inconvenienced for their beliefs. What if I, as a carrier of a Glock 27 which only holds 9 rounds in the mag said "well this gun control stuff won't affect me, my gun isn't what they are talking about" and didn't fight along side my AR and AK toting brethren? Or worse yet, voted FOR the ban on hi cap mags? I just hurt myself in the long run. And since few are willing to boycott stupid companies for stupid rules like this, then they get away with it. We have two ways to vote in this country, with our ballots on election day and with our wallets every other day. If you (not you personally, just people in general) are not willing to do it, then you aren't dedicated to the cause and therefore lukewarm. So I humbly disagree with your sentiment and ask others to take more of a stand and maybe we will get real change someday.
    I will say that I find nothing about your post that I would disagree with, but more along the lines of a different perspective on the subject. What I will say is this; we are all kidding ourselves if we think by taking a stance for our gun rights in that way, we will change anything in our favor.

Know that I mean no disrespect to any member here and many of you I have come to respect and enjoy reading what you all have to say on various subjects, yourself included. Fact of the matter is this; short of an uprising we will never see the freedoms and liberties of times gone past. If the last election didn't open thine eyes, I sure don't know what will. We are grossly outnumbered and seriously underfunded to win a campaign with the "I'll go elsewhere" idea.

Supposedly Georgia alone has something like 600k concealed carry permits outta 9.6 million folks total. Even dropping the children and elderly from that total, it's just a mere drop in the bucket. So, IMO, one guy deciding to not buy from this store for that reason alone has no effect on that store. Fact is, it may have actually helped the store depending on just how busy it was at the time. A lost sale today is easily made up tomorrow, don't believe me, just check the stock market, happens everyday.

Look, if you or someone else wants to take the time to go elsewhere, awesome, I commend you for your decision. I on the other hand am too old and grumpy to worry about fighting a cause that in my opinion is beyond repair and pretty much a lost cause. I point again to the last election. There are just way to many folks out there that for whatever reason think along a different train of thought than I /we do in regards to firearms and concealed carry. I truly feel heaven forbid, it would take the loss of a loved one to a bad guy with a gun or something similar to open their eyes to the need for a good guy with a gun. Until then they're just gonna follow the Obama train all the way to the station, kicking us off every chance they get.

For the record. And I didn't take it personally, but I don't consider myself "lukewarm" at all. If anything I consider myself a defiant customer. I'm defiant of their right to hang a sign and discriminate against me just because I choose to exercise my right to legally carry a firearm.
    smolck likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

DC
    my letter has been sent

Goodyear Corporate | Contact Us List
    carracer likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links