goodyear tires and ccw not in their store

This is a discussion on goodyear tires and ccw not in their store within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know these stores and have never done business with them for years. Not because they ban firearms but because they are just a terrible ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: goodyear tires and ccw not in their store

I know these stores and have never done business with them for years. Not because they ban firearms but because they are just a terrible auto business. Knowing they don't allow concealed carry is just more reason to avoid them.

I got my Goodyear tires at Sears in the Huntington Mall. Got a better deal on them and I could carry in there if I wanted. Didn't see any signs saying I couldn't.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    While I respect your decision to boycott the place based on your belief that they really give a hoot if they lose a sale every now and again. I for one don't give a hoot about their sign on the door and will go in and buy whatever the heck I want, when I want, and also don't give a hoot who gets the money for it. I got what I came for and it was either a fair deal or I wouldn't have made the purchase in the first place. Truth of he matter is a simple one for me. So much of my money goes to companies and the federal and state governments that would love to zero most all of my rights and liberties, that targeting the sign, or the company that sports it is like a body blow to Zeus himself. IMO, all you really do is inconvenience yourself at their behest. I say go in, do your business loaded to the teeth and practice your God given right to self defense/preservation and smile the whole time... And remember, these clowns practice deception and misdirection day in and day out. It comes under the guise of (SALE) and pandered by salesman...
    Grounbreaking... another senior member of this blog who participates and condones breaking state laws or do you live any one of the zero states that doesn't allow for a private business to restrict weapons on their property. Here lies the problem...when the federal govt declares health care for all you beg for weaker central govt and stronger states, but in this instance because you feel the 2A covers you carrying wherever you want you declare the states dont have the right to allow a private business to restrict you carrying there. Got news for you JACK you are carrying illegally and yet dont care and would risk misdemeanor charges and your guns being confiscated until charges are cleared, amd in most states this will get your CCW pulled.

Re: goodyear tires and ccw not in their store

Maybe the Journal News should publish all gun free businesses.....

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Doghandler likes this.
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Divide post count by days since joining and learn something about the poster

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Never liked Goodyear tires anyway. X2 now.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Good for you.. Boycotts work indeed.

From experience I avoid just writing a letter. Whenever possible I include a copy of my receipt (with personal information redacted).

A lot of people say I'll never do business but over time they cave, companies count on this. Showing a receipt drives home the point of no cash for you.
    carracer likes this.

Good job! It may not make any difference to Good Year. But you speak and vote with your wallet! At least they know why you aren't buying their products.
    carracer likes this.
    Question Everything!

I will say that I find nothing about your post that I would disagree with, but more along the lines of a different perspective on the subject. What I will say is this; we are all kidding ourselves if we think by taking a stance for our gun rights in that way, we will change anything in our favor.

Know that I mean no disrespect to any member here and many of you I have come to respect and enjoy reading what you all have to say on various subjects, yourself included. Fact of the matter is this; short of an uprising we will never see the freedoms and liberties of times gone past. If the last election didn't open thine eyes, I sure don't know what will. We are grossly outnumbered and seriously underfunded to win a campaign with the "I'll go elsewhere" idea.

Supposedly Georgia alone has something like 600k concealed carry permits outta 9.6 million folks total. Even dropping the children and elderly from that total, it's just a mere drop in the bucket. So, IMO, one guy deciding to not buy from this store for that reason alone has no effect on that store. Fact is, it may have actually helped the store depending on just how busy it was at the time. A lost sale today is easily made up tomorrow, don't believe me, just check the stock market, happens everyday.

Look, if you or someone else wants to take the time to go elsewhere, awesome, I commend you for your decision. I on the other hand am too old and grumpy to worry about fighting a cause that in my opinion is beyond repair and pretty much a lost cause. I point again to the last election. There are just way to many folks out there that for whatever reason think along a different train of thought than I /we do in regards to firearms and concealed carry. I truly feel heaven forbid, it would take the loss of a loved one to a bad guy with a gun or something similar to open their eyes to the need for a good guy with a gun. Until then they're just gonna follow the Obama train all the way to the station, kicking us off every chance they get.

For the record. And I didn't take it personally, but I don't consider myself "lukewarm" at all. If anything I consider myself a defiant customer. I'm defiant of their right to hang a sign and discriminate against me just because I choose to exercise my right to legally carry a firearm.
    I 100% agree with your post as well. And you are right, maybe nothing will change in situations like this. I realize Goodyear doesn't NEED my $1000. But if enough people rallied up, it might work in our favor. The people who are against us are tireless and somewhat insane, they will do all kinds of things that get attention (good or bad) while the law abiding guys like us, seem to choose quiet disdain. We need to do something, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SIG_guy View Post
    Grounbreaking... another senior member of this blog who participates and condones breaking state laws or do you live any one of the zero states that doesn't allow for a private business to restrict weapons on their property. Here lies the problem...when the federal govt declares health care for all you beg for weaker central govt and stronger states, but in this instance because you feel the 2A covers you carrying wherever you want you declare the states dont have the right to allow a private business to restrict you carrying there. Got news for you JACK you are carrying illegally and yet dont care and would risk misdemeanor charges and your guns being confiscated until charges are cleared, amd in most states this will get your CCW pulled.
    He isn't condoning breaking the law. I too live in a state where a sign means nothing, as in no weight of law. If the owner sees my weapon and asks me to leave, then I have to leave or I can be charged with tresspassing. But if they don't see it and don't ask me to leave, I am in 100% compliance with all laws. That was gottabkiddina point. Most of us can shop at Goodyear armed anyways, their "corporate policy" be damned. I'm just choosing not to.
    gottabkiddin and pittypat21 like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

While I respect your decision to boycott the place based on your belief that they really give a hoot if they lose a sale every now and again. I for one don't give a hoot about their sign on the door and will go in and buy whatever the heck I want, when I want, and also don't give a hoot who gets the money for it. I got what I came for and it was either a fair deal or I wouldn't have made the purchase in the first place. Truth of he matter is a simple one for me. So much of my money goes to companies and the federal and state governments that would love to zero most all of my rights and liberties, that targeting the sign, or the company that sports it is like a body blow to Zeus himself. IMO, all you really do is inconvenience yourself at their behest. I say go in, do your business loaded to the teeth and practice your God given right to self defense/preservation and smile the whole time... And remember, these clowns practice deception and misdirection day in and day out. It comes under the guise of (SALE) and pandered by salesman...
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    You have your right and that is fine. My state is one where a sign carries as much weight as the paper it's printed from, but I will still choose to spend my money elsewhere. See the problem with our society is people won't allow themselves to be inconvenienced for their beliefs. What if I, as a carrier of a Glock 27 which only holds 9 rounds in the mag said "well this gun control stuff won't affect me, my gun isn't what they are talking about" and didn't fight along side my AR and AK toting brethren? Or worse yet, voted FOR the ban on hi cap mags? I just hurt myself in the long run. And since few are willing to boycott stupid companies for stupid rules like this, then they get away with it. We have two ways to vote in this country, with our ballots on election day and with our wallets every other day.

If you (not you personally, just people in general) are not willing to do it, then you aren't dedicated to the cause and therefore lukewarm. So I humbly disagree with your sentiment and ask others to take more of a stand and maybe we will get real change someday.
    In my state "signs" do carry the weight of law so I obey them.
    If at all possible I avoid "properly" posted businesses including paying more from another location that allows carry. If it is a need that can only be met by a specific business in my area I disarm do business and leave as quickly as possible. But I do not go without for the sake of a principle and "I" do not consider that pandering to an inconvenience.

Less than 3% of the adult buying public will never change laws and/or opinion through commerce deprivation. However, 2.5% of the adult buying public "can" stop a state candidate from being elected and "I" place most of my time and effort there.

As to participation and/or obstruction of laws I would ask who is actually the law breaker!?!
    Most every state has a RTKBA/self-defense statement in its constitution. This surely means the law abiding resident citizens “in public”. Knowing this in advance; of planning, starting, opening, continuing operations, growing and/or whatever the business, does a business, open to public trade, truly have "equal rights" to control, deny and/or usurp the "law abiding and licensed” citizen's right to bear arms when they open their doors to the said same public citizen? The "law" states codes that are to be followed in the operation of a business open to the public. What happens if the business owner does not follow them? Are those laws more binding than the laws established by the state regarding the licensed carrying of firearms..?

I say they “do not” have the right to deny a lawful practice regulated by the state; those laws being duly enacted by the elected legislature...

Through legislative means I make every and all effort to get more carry freedoms.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

If its posted on there door I will spend my money elsewhere.
    carracer likes this.

This is just not on the door this comes from the goodyear headquarters .
    So I am done with goodyear
    carracer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rjddavis View Post
    I called a goodyear tire shop in huntington wv to set up a time to buy tires so i show
    up at the store sign on the door no ccw guns in the store so I left called them told
    them I couldnt do buisness with them for this they lost 800.00 so is this coming
    from goodyear tires so do we the people who believe in protecting our familys need
    not buy no more goodyear tires i say im not buying anymore goodyear tires .
    That is the longest sentence ever.

But props to taking a stand.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rjddavis View Post
    Thank you for contacting our web site and for voicing your concerns. In an
    effort to ensure the safety and security of our associates and customers,
    we have a clear company policy regarding weapons in the workplace. The
    Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. prohibits all persons who enter Company
    property from carrying a handgun, firearm, or prohibited weapon of any kind
    onto the property regardless of whether the person is licensed to carry the
    weapon or not. Exceptions apply to on-duty law enforcement personnel.
    This policy applies to all Company employees, visitors, customers, and
    contractors on Company property -- including our Company-owned stores.
    All Company properties have received a decal or sign referencing this
    policy, and have been instructed to post it.

Jennifer - Consumer Relations

THIS IS WHAT GOODYEAR WROTE BACK TO ME IM NOT GOING TO BE AN EASY TARGET
    WILL YOU BUY GOODYEARS .
    Yep, I'm glad to know that. I'll buy my tires elsewhere. no problem...lots of other places to buy tires.

I would bother to reply to your accusation regarding me being a unlawful concealed carry person, but it would only sound inflammatory and argumentative, so I shall defer my position on the subject to a fellow member who IMO, stated my thoughts rather nicely with a post above yours. And BTW, thank you Smolck. It's nice to see that some of us can have a discussion on touchy subjects and remain friendly and respectful of each others opinions and perspective.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

My question is: everybody wants to boycott Goodyear Stores (I am good with that) but are you buying Goodyear Tires somewhere else?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links