Must be anxious

This is a discussion on Must be anxious within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In Ky, I was told that I would have to wait up to 90 days to receive in the mail either to go pick up ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By OldVet

Thread: Must be anxious

Must be anxious

In Ky, I was told that I would have to wait up to 90 days to receive in the mail either to go pick up my permit at the sheriff's office, or a rejection of my ccw permit. It has been 100 days since that date. My wife and I did everything together and she got her notice in the mail to have hers picked up 30 days ago. Is there any steps I can take to find out what is taking so long with mine, or is there a way to track it? I know there is only one person who takes care of the applications but it has been over the 90 days, and I just want to know if there is anything I can do to find out if something has gotten lost, or if they are still preparing my paperwork. I dont owe any child support, nor do I have anything on my record. the only thing I can think is that she was born in Ky, and I was born in Cal. this might delay a bit but im not sure.

2. Remove Ads

My state has a number you can call to check the status. I would assume KY has the same?
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I cant seem to find one. It seems like they are trying to keep it that way to prevent alot of people from calling, is my guess

We have an email link in Oklahoma.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That photo would make me double check an appl.
    Jetfuelrm and mkphillips like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Ha Ha... Right! That might be what it is!

Mines lots worse Oldvet and I am not kidding it is why I didn't put mine as an avatar
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Now that's better. Check your mailbox tomorrow.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Thanks bro, I've been meaning to change that. I think i'm just axiously waiting.

I'm from ky and I had call ksp at (502)227-8700 to check on mine, and they had mine out a few days after I called. If you give them a polite call to check the status of your application they may just move you through a little quicker.

wow, thank you very much for that info. will give it try.

Good luck Bro!
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

With the huge volume of new applications I'm not surprised that the process is taking longer now than it used to. I agree, a quick phone call should tell you where you stand.

Quote Originally Posted by soserius View Post
    In Ky, I was told that I would have to wait up to 90 days to receive in the mail either to go pick up my permit at the sheriff's office, or a rejection of my ccw permit. It has been 100 days since that date. My wife and I did everything together and she got her notice in the mail to have hers picked up 30 days ago. Is there any steps I can take to find out what is taking so long with mine, or is there a way to track it? I know there is only one person who takes care of the applications but it has been over the 90 days, and I just want to know if there is anything I can do to find out if something has gotten lost, or if they are still preparing my paperwork. I dont owe any child support, nor do I have anything on my record. the only thing I can think is that she was born in Ky, and I was born in Cal. this might delay a bit but im not sure.
    Maybe it's a polite gentleman doing the applications. Ladies first

It might be the background is taking longer if they are having to run it in Cali also but call the number the other poster put up. They can tell you.

Just a hint. Once you get it dont let it expire. Its good for 5 yrs. If they dont send the flash pac like they are supposed to about 30 days ahead of time start calling. Its a lot less time to get it than to renew it if you let it expire. Dont ask me how I know

Links