Mag capacity limits and "grandfathered" mags, can I still carry "hi-caps"? - Page 3

Mag capacity limits and "grandfathered" mags, can I still carry "hi-caps"?

This is a discussion on Mag capacity limits and "grandfathered" mags, can I still carry "hi-caps"? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not complying with royalty's decree would make you an undesirable subject. The dungeon awaits those who defy their betters. Jus sayin......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Mag capacity limits and "grandfathered" mags, can I still carry "hi-caps"?

Not complying with royalty's decree would make you an undesirable subject. The dungeon awaits those who defy their betters. Jus sayin...
    TheConcealer likes this.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

It's going to look funny with a double stack mag gun only able to accept a single stack 7 round mag. I mean we have grip extenders for Glocks but now they will have to make mag gap fillers to take up the space of a single stack mag inside of a double stack mag gun. LOL.

This is IF we can keep our mags that hold more than 7 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    It's going to look funny with a double stack mag gun only able to accept a single stack 7 round mag. I mean we have grip extenders for Glocks but now they will have to make mag gap fillers to take up the space of a single stack mag inside of a double stack mag gun. LOL.

It is my understanding (depending the aforementioned suit) that the law requires them to be sold "OUT OF STATE" within one year

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post

Actually, I have a 10 round "New York legal" mag in my Glock 23 now and it's a single stack up the side. I guess a 7 round mag wouldn't look much different. I don't know what it looks like inside. Here's a photo of one.
    10 round mag.jpg

I guess to be legal I'm taking three rounds out of it right now! Governor Cuomo said yesterday the reason for the 7 round limit is in case a weapon is stolen a bad guy shooting up the place will have to reload every 7 shots and the good guys can jump him between mags. I'm not kidding. He said that yesterday at a press conference here in Rochester.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlInNY View Post
    Actually, I have a 10 round "New York legal" mag in my Glock 23 now and it's a single stack up the side. I guess a 7 round mag wouldn't look much different. I don't know what it looks like inside. Here's a photo of one.
    10 round mag.jpg
    Actually you have a 10 round "New York Illegal" mag in your Glock 23.
    NMB likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    The way I've been hearing this new NY Law of 7 boo lit caaahlips only being interpreted and defined is....

IF you have any caaaahlips that hold, house, feed, store, convey, support, transfer, feature, or can contain; More then 7 boo lits. They CAN BE used AS LONG AS you, upon inspection by any LEO, that said caaaahlip is; holding, housing, feeding, storing, conveying, supporting, transferring, featuring, or containing ONLY & NO MORE THAN 7 boo lits upon time of inspection!

Now every law on the books, as in every case brought into a court of law, can be interpreted as in as does; the beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, so does the interpretation of a law, in may different ways.

Until there is a test case to set a precedent of these new standards. We will just have to wait and see.

But by setting a 7-round magazine limit: "It is a flat out End-Around Wildcat Poppycock Weapons Ban! In descent!"

Just how many Commonly Now Owned Firearms by Upstanding Law Abiding Citizens, come with a standard 7-round magazine?

Easier yet...how many DO NOT?

And: How many that come-with "a standard" 8-round, 10-round, 13-round, 15-round, 17-round, magazine. Even have a 7-round magazine available as an option?

Ruger's, S&W M&P's, Glock's, Beretta's, Colt's, HK's, Sig's. How may of these Commonly Now Owned Firearms by Upstanding Law Abiding Citizens, come with a standard 7-round magazine?

So that is their way of an End-Around Wildcat Poppycock Weapons Ban. Just a flat-out way to take firearms out of the hands of Upstanding Law Abiding Citizens! Plan and simple!

AND YES... Hunters DO USE high capacity magazines to hunt with! Lot's ah hunters carry and use a Glock 10mm G20 handgun and a EEA 10mm Hunter handgun.

Question: How many rounds does a Glock 10mm G20 and a EEA 10mm Hunter magazine house?

Answer: 15 rounds!

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    The way I've been hearing this new NY Law of 7 boo lit caaahlips only being interpreted and defined is....

IF you have any caaaahlips that hold, house, feed, store, convey, support, transfer, feature, or can contain; More then 7 boo lits. They CAN BE used AS LONG AS you, upon inspection by any LEO, that said caaaahlip is; holding, housing, feeding, storing, conveying, supporting, transferring, featuring, or containing ONLY & NO MORE THAN 7 boo lits upon time of inspection!

Now every law on the books, as in every case brought into a court of law, can be interpreted as in as does; the beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, so does the interpretation of a law, in may different ways.

Until there is a test case to set a precedent of these new standards. We will just have to wait and see.

But by setting a 7-round magazine limit: "It is a flat out End-Around Wildcat Poppycock Weapons Ban! In descent!"

Just how many Commonly Now Owned Firearms by Upstanding Law Abiding Citizens, come with a standard 7-round magazine?

Easier yet...how many DO NOT?

And: How many that come-with "a standard" 8-round, 10-round, 13-round, 15-round, 17-round, magazine. Even have a 7-round magazine available as an option?

Ruger's, S&W M&P's, Glock's, Beretta's, Colt's, HK's, Sig's. How may of these Commonly Now Owned Firearms by Upstanding Law Abiding Citizens, come with a standard 7-round magazine?

So that is their way of an End-Around Wildcat Poppycock Weapons Ban. Just a flat-out way to take firearms out of the hands of Upstanding Law Abiding Citizens! Plan and simple!

AND YES... Hunters DO USE high capacity magazines to hunt with! Lot's ah hunters carry and use a Glock 10mm G20 handgun and a EEA 10mm Hunter handgun.

Question: How many rounds does a Glock 10mm G20 and a EEA 10mm Hunter house?

Answer: 15 rounds!

If all that is true, why do you have to sell them within a year ???
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

The last time the mags and aws were banned,it was only illegal to buy them,not to have them.So far as this time,law may read differently.Gotta wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    If all that is true, why do you have to sell them within a year ???
    That is what I've been reading and hearing that as long as you DO NOT have more then 7-bullets in your magazine then you ARE IN compliance of the law?

As for the list of firearms. If you know anything about firearms, as in: "What is the difference between a clip and a magazine?" Then that's a given.

Like i typed....a test case is needed to set a precedent of these new standards.

besides. A lot ah stuff can cause change in a year. They already have to amend this goofy thing because in their haste to make waste. They also made it illegal for LEO's to have the evil over 7 boo lit caaahlips too.

So where does the jurisdictions of a citizens arrest take into cause?

For any particular thing, ask...What is it in itself? What is its nature?
    Quid Pro Quo............

NYS will allow pre 2013 mags that hold 10 rounds to be used, but they can only be legally loaded with 7 rounds. bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    NYS will allow pre 2013 mags that hold 10 rounds to be used, but they can only be legally loaded with 7 rounds. bunker
    How many keep their receipts for ammo and mags and accessorizes? I've never saw a mag with a born-on date?

Try to find a supplier that has Glock 10 round mags in stock! I am on the "will inform when in stock" at four suppliers right now. They list them on their ads but inform you later that they are not in stock. No local dealer in my area (Nashville,TN) has them in stock.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

IMHO....

Lets not debate what the law will/could/may be. Lets use the time instead to write a message or email or letter to a reperesentative or congressperson and make sure this idea of banning goes no further. The NRA-ILA site and Ruger's site all have quick and easy "write your reps" features, just enter your ZIP code.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by BradL View Post
    Exactly! And if you grandfather in the large capacity mags, what's the point of trying to ban them. Just because you make them difficult to buy new, with all the ones out there that the "grandfathered" in, they're still out there and can be purchased used so your new ban does absolutely nothing...
    Presumably, such a law would disallow private transfers of the grandfathered mags. Usually, when something is grandfathered like that, it's to avoid the controversy of outright confiscation while still having the same effect (in the long term). The items cannot be transferred to anyone else legally, including next of kin.
    Bark'n likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    The post office is a federal agency and puts a date on the canceled postage. In most cases the courts recognize that this is valid way to verify date. All contents in the sealed envelope is considered dated by the postal service. (Hint, place postage on the BACK side of the envelope in such a way that the covers the seal of the envelope).
    Wouldn't it be easier to have such a document notarized? That's dated as well, if I'm not mistaken, and seems like it would be less susceptible to suspicion of tampering. I suppose postage is probably cheaper though. :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links