renewell

This is a discussion on renewell within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; if i have let my chl expire on 10-13-12 can i still take a 4 hour class to renew it or do i have to ...

Thread: renewell

renewell

if i have let my chl expire on 10-13-12 can i still take a 4 hour class to renew it or do i have to take the all day long class again , im in austin texas....thanks
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

You can renew your license for one year after the expiration date. After it has lapsed for a year, you are required to do the 10 hr class like first timers.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

thats what i thought farronwolf, thanks.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

do i still have to turn in paperwork on everywhere i lived, actually do all the same paperwork over again and bring it with me?

― Thomas Paine

If you complete your online application first, it will have what you turned in on your original app. from 5 years ago. You would simply need to update it from then to current as far as employers, places you lived.

It will then give you a bar code and checklist of what else you need to include. You shouldn't need to send in new passport photos, or redo your fingerprints, just turn in the CHL 100 form and any paperwork for a discount if you qualify.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

thanks farronwolf

― Thomas Paine

Links