Bad encounter with a LEO - Page 5

Bad encounter with a LEO

This is a discussion on Bad encounter with a LEO within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by whoppo "Put your hands on the van or I'll shoot you in the [*******] back!" - Bad cop... no donut! wasn't by ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 91
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Bad encounter with a LEO

  1. #61
    Member Array ncsteveh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Johnston co, NC
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    "Put your hands on the van or I'll shoot you in the [*******] back!" - Bad cop... no donut!

    wasn't by chance driving this car was he?



    kern.jpg
    pittypat21 likes this.
    "Those without swords can still die upon them."


  2. #62
    VIP Member Array Ghost1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,031
    Informed a very nervous sweaty Ohio deptuty that had called in four backups before coming to my car that I had a weapon and ccw from Ky. I was parked in a convience store lot when the encounter started. Reason was I had on my bike vest with a charity bike groups patch on it. No traffic stop no warrants just that patch.
    Have my hands on the wheel hoping im not shot. Officer sweaty tells me to give him my weapon. I slowly reach inside my vest to get it and am ordered Dont touch it!! I dont, Give me the weapon!! I start to comply. Dont touch it!!.
    After about five times of this I ask him very very calmly still thinking I may get shot by this nervous Nellie and his cohorts. How can I give you my pistol and not touch it???
    This elicits the officer waving up an obviously much older officer, a hushed discussion at the rear of my car with much hand gestering by the younger officer. The older comes to the side of my car with a slight grin and says Sir just hand me the weapon before someone has a heart attack. I do. No ticket just an explanation they must be careful with people with patches on their back and since they could not read mine from a distance to see what it was the stop was made though I had done nothing but park the car and light a cigerette. Ahhhh I love Ohio
    AngryBadger417, Brady and KBSR like this.

  3. #63
    Member Array AngryBadger417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Good ole West Virginia
    Posts
    322
    Man the only time I've ever needed to give a cop my gun he came around to the passenger side and got in. He took the gun cleared it and told me I had a sweet piece. He gave it back got out and drive off into the night. He was also very young, which I thought might make him nervous.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

  4. #64
    VIP Member Array Ghost1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,031
    Ive had too twice that once in Ohio and once in KY to a state trooper. I dont have to inform but I did to which he almost as an after thought asked me if I minded if he took possession of it just so he would be more comfortable. I got it out very slowly dropped the mag, cleared the chamber and handed it to him. He kept it until the speeding stop was over for which he didnt give me a ticket gave it back with a request that I not reload it until he was gone. No hassle no panic. Very professional. But obviously an older officer.

  5. #65
    VIP Member Array CLASS3NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bob from Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,670
    Here in New Hampshire, we aren't required to inform the LEO, BUT, as a professional Coutesy, I always will inform him/her. They have a tough job out there to begin with. Never hurts in the long run.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

  6. #66
    Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Informed a very nervous sweaty Ohio deptuty that had called in four backups before coming to my car that I had a weapon and ccw from Ky. I was parked in a convience store lot when the encounter started. Reason was I had on my bike vest with a charity bike groups patch on it. No traffic stop no warrants just that patch.
    Have my hands on the wheel hoping im not shot. Officer sweaty tells me to give him my weapon. I slowly reach inside my vest to get it and am ordered Dont touch it!! I dont, Give me the weapon!! I start to comply. Dont touch it!!.
    After about five times of this I ask him very very calmly still thinking I may get shot by this nervous Nellie and his cohorts. How can I give you my pistol and not touch it???
    This elicits the officer waving up an obviously much older officer, a hushed discussion at the rear of my car with much hand gestering by the younger officer. The older comes to the side of my car with a slight grin and says Sir just hand me the weapon before someone has a heart attack. I do. No ticket just an explanation they must be careful with people with patches on their back and since they could not read mine from a distance to see what it was the stop was made though I had done nothing but park the car and light a cigerette. Ahhhh I love Ohio
    That there was funny!
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

  7. #67
    Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Miami Fla and TN
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesteel View Post
    You are not required in Florida to inform a LEO that you are legally armed during a traffic stop. This is why you may want to do so. You have to copy the link and google it.

    LiveLeak.com-FL Deputy

    Always tell LEO your armed....Down here in TN most cops are gun geeks and
    are totally cool,last one I met was more interested in what I thought of my CCW
    as he was thinking of buying the same model

  8. #68
    Senior Member Array KBSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gulf Coast, MS
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Informed a very nervous sweaty Ohio deptuty that had called in four backups before coming to my car that I had a weapon and ccw from Ky. I was parked in a convience store lot when the encounter started. Reason was I had on my bike vest with a charity bike groups patch on it. No traffic stop no warrants just that patch.
    Have my hands on the wheel hoping im not shot. Officer sweaty tells me to give him my weapon. I slowly reach inside my vest to get it and am ordered Dont touch it!! I dont, Give me the weapon!! I start to comply. Dont touch it!!.
    After about five times of this I ask him very very calmly still thinking I may get shot by this nervous Nellie and his cohorts. How can I give you my pistol and not touch it???
    This elicits the officer waving up an obviously much older officer, a hushed discussion at the rear of my car with much hand gestering by the younger officer. The older comes to the side of my car with a slight grin and says Sir just hand me the weapon before someone has a heart attack. I do. No ticket just an explanation they must be careful with people with patches on their back and since they could not read mine from a distance to see what it was the stop was made though I had done nothing but park the car and light a cigerette. Ahhhh I love Ohio
    Your story made me laugh, and reminded me of a similar event, many years ago.

    I was working undercover on a marijuana smuggling case. We (the good guys) were acting as the transportation component, for a drug smuggling organization, for a fee. Long story short, the fee was paid, the marijuana was delivered to the BG's in their huge motorhome. When the driver attempted to leave the parking lot, we effected the arrest, and took all of the BG's into custody.

    When the driver of the motorhome tried to leave the area, he learned (much to his dismay) that I had not left him the keys to start the rig. And I was at the front drivers door, with my pistol pointed at his head ordering him "DON'T MOVE" while another officer was in front of the rig yelling "GET YOUR HANDS UP"! He was so confused. LOL

    Eventually the other officer and I got on the same sheet of music, and it was resolved without further embarrassment. Funny stuff now, but not at the time. Be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

  9. #69
    Member Array Badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by diver1102 View Post
    My ccw instructor (florida county sheriff deputy) told us that as permit holders we had to disclose the fact we were carrying when stopped. Was he incorrect? If so can someone refernce the law or statute? Thanks.
    Your instructor was full of crap. You must inform if you are asked, but you do not if not asked.
    Rather than someone posting the statue, why don't you read them and show us If you have to or not. It may be useful for you since your instructor obviously gave you this information wrong so no telling what else he my have told you that is incorrect. Not trying to be a smart ass, but either he didn't know what he was talking about or you did not understand what he meant. Either way you would do yourself a service by reading the law.
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

  10. #70
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,493
    Quote Originally Posted by diver1102 View Post
    My ccw instructor (florida county sheriff deputy) told us that as permit holders we had to disclose the fact we were carrying when stopped. Was he incorrect? If so can someone refernce the law or statute? Thanks.
    Per FL statute:

    790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.—
    (1) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is authorized to issue licenses to carry concealed weapons or concealed firearms to persons qualified as provided in this section ... Any person in compliance with the terms of such license may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm notwithstanding the provisions of s. 790.01. The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to the clerk of the court. {Condensed and bolded by me}

    He may be telling you that to "pre-dispose" you into informing upon contact when it is not required. You should make this deputy aware that he is presenting incorrect information, and give him a printout of the statute regarding informing LEOs. Education is a good thing, and my experience is that many (many, many) LEOs are not as knowledgeable of state laws as they think they are. After all, they practive law "enforcement," not law practice.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  11. #71
    Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,112
    Iv only been disarmed once, in Texas. Deputy asked me to lay the weapon on the seat beside me, he placed it in the glove box and that was the end of it. No clearning it, him reminding me it was there before the end of the stop and telling me I was free to holster it.

    As for the case above, this deputy reminds me of the Daniel Harless case here in Ohio, no good stuff.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

    Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

  12. #72
    Member Array CrystalPistol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Crystalpistol: "If you are on an interstate or other limited access highway which is posted "no pedestrians, .... etc" at the various access points, you should know that once you step out, you are one .... "

    Really? So what if one has a flat tire and has to change it? That hardly qualifies one as a "pedestrian."

    pe·des·tri·an (p-dstr-n)
    n.
    A person traveling on foot; a walker.

    Getting out of a vehicle does not make one "traveling on foot" unless one decides to hike back to the last exit.
    Well, I see no reference to a specified distance that one must travel by foot to become a pedestrian. Like, if you batter a spouse or child .... how many times or for how long do you need to do so to be guilty?

    Looks to me like walking from the drivers door to the tire or trunk is ..... by your own definition .... being a pedestrian .... even if for a short distance and for a purpose that is an emergency. It's not like you are levitating from the door to the tire to the trunk and back? Besides ..... emergencies are allowed for, just read the signs. Emergency stopping to get out to fix a tire or help a disabled motorist, assist injured, warn traffic, etc .... as I thought I indicated .... would be emergencies. Those things are covered in the law, so being a pedestrian to handle an emergency is lawful.

    Getting out by your own volition to walk back to a LEO who has stopped you under authority granted him is no emergency. Do it against his instructions to the contrary there and a simple non moving citation for being an unlawful pedestrian on the interstate is a huge break from some things he might look at.

    If he directs you to get out, that's a lawful command and would make you then a "lawful pedestrian" in that environment.

    I hope that clears my post up some?
    NRA Life Member

  13. #73
    Member Array CrystalPistol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Oh pleasse..............
    Well, you asked .............
    NRA Life Member

  14. #74
    Ex Member Array drinknshoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bggest Little City in the World
    Posts
    303
    Its like this..
    "try and pick up this pen"
    person tries to pick it up.
    other person say "NO!"
    I said try to pick it up, not pick it up..
    Whaaa

    Friggin People though..Like A manager at a local sonic could'nt handle talking with me and my wife after a bad experience and said "im done talking to you, Bye"
    Some people are just not meant to be in the position they are..

  15. #75
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,882
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalPistol View Post
    Well, I see no reference to a specified distance that one must travel by foot to become a pedestrian. Like, if you batter a spouse or child .... how many times or for how long do you need to do so to be guilty?

    Looks to me like walking from the drivers door to the tire or trunk is ..... by your own definition .... being a pedestrian .... even if for a short distance and for a purpose that is an emergency. It's not like you are levitating from the door to the tire to the trunk and back? Besides ..... emergencies are allowed for, just read the signs. Emergency stopping to get out to fix a tire or help a disabled motorist, assist injured, warn traffic, etc .... as I thought I indicated .... would be emergencies. Those things are covered in the law, so being a pedestrian to handle an emergency is lawful.

    Getting out by your own volition to walk back to a LEO who has stopped you under authority granted him is no emergency. Do it against his instructions to the contrary there and a simple non moving citation for being an unlawful pedestrian on the interstate is a huge break from some things he might look at.

    If he directs you to get out, that's a lawful command and would make you then a "lawful pedestrian" in that environment.

    I hope that clears my post up some?
    And I say again....Pleasse.......
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

andy cox bad cop

,

andy cox deputy

,

andy cox fired

,

citrus county florida deputy andy cox

,
citrus county florida deputy andy cox fired
,

deputy andy cox

,

deputy andy cox fired

,
did deputy andy cox get fired
,

florida deputy andy cox

,

florida deputy andy cox fired

,

liveleak.com-fl deputy

,
results of citrus county sheriff investigation of police officer andy cox
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors