WOW ... a little different to say the least

This is a discussion on WOW ... a little different to say the least within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Florida CWL arrived today....what a difference from my NC license....My NC license has address and drivers license number on it so I guess those two ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dben002
  • 2 Post By Alex_C

Thread: WOW ... a little different to say the least

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Florida CWL arrived today....what a difference from my NC license....My NC license has address and drivers license number on it so I guess those two items are tied in together.....

The Florida license only has name, birth date, sex, race issued date and expiration date..no address, no DL number....but does have my picture on it......who wudda thunk it.....
    tony1990 likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Sounds like a WV CWP, only difference is we have our address on it. Isn't if nice when the government trusts you.
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

If I am not mistaken driver's license and weapons permits are not at all linked here in Florida. CCW is privacy protected and not having driver's info on the CCW prevents having your driver's license linked to your weapons permit. Otherwise it would probably be an automatic link when using the driver's license for identification. I don't think what happened in NY with the paper publishing such info could legally happen here in Florida.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    The FL CWFL is not a form of ID, only a license to CC. You must carry proper ID with you when carrying. CWFL is not tied to you rDL and doesn't come up on a routine DL check.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    If I am not mistaken driver's license and weapons permits are not at all linked here in Florida. CCW is privacy protected and not having driver's info on the CCW prevents having your driver's license linked to your weapons permit. Otherwise it would probably be an automatic link when using the driver's license for identification. I don't think what happened in NY with the paper publishing such info could legally happen here in Florida.
    I'm sure you are correct...here as soon as they run your license number your ccl number is also displayed to LEO..
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Florida CWL arrived today....what a difference from my NC license....My NC license has address and drivers license number on it so I guess those two items are tied in together.....

The Florida license only has name, birth date, sex, race issued date and expiration date..no address, no DL number....but does have my picture on it......who wudda thunk it.....
    People often inquire about 'out of state FL CCW permits'...no such thing. Your drivers license determines if you are a FL resident.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Tho my initial license was issued many moons ago, it has my address on it. Originally i was a florida resident. No longer. At my last rrnewal i updated the address with my new texas address, which IS listed on my Concealed weapon license from Florida. I think the new ones no longer list an address?
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

My Texas CHL has everything on it including a very bad picture of me.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

There should be a single CPL for all states, which all states recognise, that says one thing:

"Good Guy".
    oldnfat and PAPADALE1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tony1990 View Post
    My Texas CHL has everything on it including a very bad picture of me.
    I understand...I sent Florida 2 very handsome passport photos....they lost something in the transition of the photo to the license.....

In Tennessee they are recognized as a form of ID so they have everything on them.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    For a resident of Utah, within the state, the Utah CFP is a legal form of identification, it is state issued.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    I understand...I sent Florida 2 very handsome passport photos....they lost something in the transition of the photo to the license.....
    On my Colorado CWP my picture looks like some sort of wax statue of me. I'm all shiny and pale. It's a terrible picture. The picture makes me look like I should not have been issued the permit! Haha!

My Kansas CCL has my DL number, and my address, and a picture. It even looks like a DL.

Sponsored Links