Active shooter vids... while armed?

This is a discussion on Active shooter vids... while armed? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've seen several good ones about how to react when unarmed but none for when you are armed....

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike1956

Thread: Active shooter vids... while armed?

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

I've seen several good ones about how to react when unarmed but none for when you are armed.

That is because the people who make these videos are sheep. The last thing the left and the main stream media want or are willing to portray is a responsible gun owner*GASP* who may actually save people from a deranged killer. They feel as if somehow if we take guns away the world will be some sort of utopian paradise.

It is really quite simple, use sound tactics, engage and destroy. The reality is if anyone intervenes you will stop the rampage.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Either way, taking a peek at the post called "Bolivian kickboxer meets U.S. marine" would be instructive. If unarmed, hit the aggressor with something (your fist or another object) the first clean shot you get and if armed, utilize your firearm in the same clean, unornamented and direct style this guy does.

In other words, if it has been established that you are in fear of your life or the life of another then you take the first shot you have: no bravura, show or warnings. You just take the shot to stop the threat. To put it another way, if William of Ockham (or Occam) had been boxer or a shooter instead of a philosopher, this is how he would have done it.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    google videos for Massad Ayoob. lots of great stuff from this guy

also try Massad Ayoob - Cato Institute - Stand Your Ground Laws - YouTube
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    I've seen several good ones about how to react when unarmed but none for when you are armed.
    That particular training regimen is a bit complex for a video.
    aus71383 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Rob Pinckus did a video for "The Best Defense" show on this topic. I don't know if it is on youtube or not, so I will let you do the leg work on that.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

If you're armed, all you have to do is show up and you win. Nothing bad can happen at that point.

.....but seriously - the "unarmed" videos are better than nothing I guess, and making it ok to plan on being a victim. If you plan on being armed and want real training in preparation for an active shooter type scenario - you won't find it on Youtube or Liveleak. You have to get the training in person. It will cost money, it won't be over in a day, and there will always be "what if"s no matter how much training you do.

Austin

Play a wolf in sheeps clothing until you can spring in for the kill.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Links