Adjusting, shifting and checking way too much. - Page 2

Adjusting, shifting and checking way too much.

This is a discussion on Adjusting, shifting and checking way too much. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I use a Safariland Yaqui style for my Sig P220ST.... It holds in nice and tight and is inexpensive as well.... for IWB carry, a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adjusting, shifting and checking way too much.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I use a Safariland Yaqui style for my Sig P220ST....
    It holds in nice and tight and is inexpensive as well....
    for IWB carry, a galco Summer Comfort works very well...
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

It's easy, stop adjusting, shifting and checking.
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

very good point!

I have the same problem only here in Ohio we have to practice the buckeye tuck (exposed, in holster on person while in transportation) and I use a Bianch Minimalist at 3:00 for a Taurus PT24/7 Pro, not a small gun and many of the same problems...

I have since put a clip draw on mine and when I am not in transportation and want to conceal I simply move my Taurus behind the empty holster... (between the holster and me) people who know me assume that I have disarmed and those who don't have been very polite in inquiring as to why I am carying a holster... good op to talk about CHL in Ohio and have made a few friends this way

BTW I do not let them know that I am carying.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MR D View Post
    very good point!

I have since put a clip draw on mine and when I am not in transportation and want to conceal I simply move my Taurus behind the empty holster...

MR D

How do you like the clipdraw? I was thinking of trying one out to use mainly in the summer time.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Quote Originally Posted by MR D View Post
    very good point!

I have the same problem only here in Ohio we have to practice the buckeye tuck (exposed, in holster on person while in transportation) and I use a Bianch Minimalist at 3:00 for a Taurus PT24/7 Pro, not a small gun and many of the same problems...

I have since put a clip draw on mine and when I am not in transportation and want to conceal I simply move my Taurus behind the empty holster... (between the holster and me) people who know me assume that I have disarmed and those who don't have been very polite in inquiring as to why I am carying a holster... good op to talk about CHL in Ohio and have made a few friends this way
    just out of curiosity...what I'm hearing from your post is that you only have to have it "displayed" while you're in your vehicle and you carry using the clip-draw while you're not in your vehicle? If this is the case, why not just get a holster that clips or snaps on to the belt (one version of the Minimalist functions this way, don't know if this is the one you use). That way, you could just keep the holster in your vehicle to use while driving, and you wouldn't have to walk around with an empty holster on your hip.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Dont adjust. Dont shift. Dont check.

Dont worry. Sometimes I think I could be standing under a giant, pink, flashing neon sign that said "this man is armed" and no one would notice unless they actually saw my sidearm.

During the first 3 or 4 weeks that I carried all the time, I found myself checking my gun quite often. Between the fourth and sixth weeks, I settled myself in to having the gun in the right place.

I use an IWB, so I have a little more leeway on reaching without flashing or printing the gun. The other nice thing about an IWB holster is that the gun stays close to your body. Moreso, I think, than an OWB.

YMMV one hell of a lot.

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links