GA kid with CC thinks he can carry everywhere

This is a discussion on GA kid with CC thinks he can carry everywhere within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by KBSR With all due respect, if he was, he was still wrong. I'm a retired federal law enforcement officer, and carry under ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: GA kid with CC thinks he can carry everywhere

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    With all due respect, if he was, he was still wrong. I'm a retired federal law enforcement officer, and carry under the authority of HR 218 or LEOSA. For over 27 years I flew on commercial aircraft armed. As a retired LEO, under the authority of LEOSA, I am NOT authorized to carry, within the cabin of that aircraft any longer. I hope you can prove me wrong, but I'm 99.9% certain.

It's why I drive everywhere, because I'm not giving up my guns.
    I'm sure you're right. Definitely not on a commercial flight, 99.95% sure, lol.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

2. Remove Ads

GA kid with CC thinks he can carry everywhere

The way he made the comment about the judge, I thought he was under the impression that a judge had decided a case and stated in his decision that all states have to honor each other's CCW. I showed him the map and said, "See those red states? Those are the ones where your GA license is not recognized." He seemed less certain after that.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    The way he made the comment about the judge, I thought he was under the impression that a judge had decided a case and stated in his decision that all states have to honor each other's CCW. I showed him the map and said, "See those red states? Those are the ones where your GA license is not recognized." He seemed less certain after that.
    Hopefully he will go back and regroup and look at this from a more logical perspective. Somehow I have my doubts however.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I seriously doubt that anyone could go anywhere in the state of Ga in this day and age and have their fingerprints ran thought the FBI database as well as a criminal background check and then see a judge to have a laminated and signed GFL issued to them; all in the same day. Heck, I'd even say in the same week, for that matter. If that is the case I would like for anyone to show what county or city that will do this. I have been a licensed concealed carry guy for 25+ years, and I have never seen or heard of anything remotely close to what you and this guy stated. Not trying to be a hard azz, but if it can be done there should be evidence of it somewhere, so please let me know, and please only site times and locations withing the last, lets say, 20 years or so.. If im wrong, ill be glad to concede the point. Thanks..
    I never said that he did it in any time frame: I simply stated that he had to apply for the permit with the County Probate Judge

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I seriously doubt that anyone could go anywhere in the state of Ga in this day and age and have their fingerprints ran thought the FBI database as well as a criminal background check and then see a judge to have a laminated and signed GFL issued to them; all in the same day. Heck, I'd even say in the same week, for that matter. If that is the case I would like for anyone to show what county or city that will do this. I have been a licensed concealed carry guy for 25+ years, and I have never seen or heard of anything remotely close to what you and this guy stated. Not trying to be a hard azz, but if it can be done there should be evidence of it somewhere, so please let me know, and please only site times and locations withing the last, lets say, 20 years or so.. If im wrong, ill be glad to concede the point. Thanks..
    Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Fayette County- 5 business days (applied 12/31) Fayette County- 5 business days (applied 12/31)

Firearm Discussion ? View topic - LOWNDES 7 DAYS!!!!!!!!! LOWNDES 7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Baker Co Baker Co I got the license in 4 business days. Probate judge and her assistant were super nice and the actual sheriff took my prints.

Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Barrow Co 2 days! Barrow Co 2 days!

Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Cobb County - 4 business days! Cobb County - 4 business days!

Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Effingham County It only took them six business day to get it to me.

Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Marion County - 5 Days Marion County - 5 Days

Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Atkinson County 2 days Atkinson County 2 days

Firearm Discussion ? View topic - candler county - 1 day!
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I don't mind stupid kids, it's the nature of kids (I've raised 6 of 'em & spent some time as one myself!). It's the stupid, pontificating, bad-intel spewing GROWN-UPS that give me the butt-cramp. I resent them using the same credibility of wrinkles & gray hair that I USE as entirely too effective camouflage for their... ignorance.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Just the other day a friend of mine was saying to me, "There are people in the world who won't believe there's a flood until they get wet."

So, what I'm wondering is why (metaphorically speaking), for the sake of ideology, pride, pet theories, emotions, or what have you, WHY would reduce your capacity to that of someone who is blind and deaf? Or actually less, because people who are blind and deaf learn to get by with a little help and therefore GO when they feel that friendly hand tugging on them.

Ugh. Hope he stays out of prison long enough to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Fayette County- 5 business days (applied 12/31) Fayette County- 5 business days (applied 12/31)Firearm Discussion ? View topic - LOWNDES 7 DAYS!!!!!!!!! LOWNDES 7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Baker Co Baker Co I got the license in 4 business days. Probate judge and her assistant were super nice and the actual sheriff took my prints.Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Barrow Co 2 days! Barrow Co 2 days!Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Cobb County - 4 business days! Cobb County - 4 business days!Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Effingham County It only took them six business day to get it to me.Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Marion County - 5 Days Marion County - 5 DaysFirearm Discussion ? View topic - Atkinson County 2 days Atkinson County 2 daysFirearm Discussion ? View topic - candler county - 1 day!
    Lol, way to go... You did cite a few that came close to 1 day, and one that did... Even if it was a place where the total population was only a little over 11k people. Candler County Georgia, Candler County is a county located in the U.S. state of Georgia. The constitutional amendment to create the county was proposed July 14, 1914, and ratified November 3, 1914. Wikipedia Area: 249 sq miles (644.9 km˛) Founded: 1914 Population: 11,276 (2011). As Obama would say, "their tiny"

For the record. I didn't mean to imply that you said the whole one day thing. If I recall the OP said the kid in question said he got his in one day and supposedly saw the judge, got his paw print and the whole nine yards.... So, unless this kid and the OP lives in Candler county Ga, or some other similar tiny little township, where the judge is probably the acting sheriff. I seriously doubt that the kid in question is being truthful about his concealed carry license.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Explain to this guy that when he gets caught carrying in the wrong place, and is convicted of a felony, he won't be carrying anything anymore.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links