GA kid with CC thinks he can carry everywhere

This is a discussion on GA kid with CC thinks he can carry everywhere within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by KBSR With all due respect, if he was, he was still wrong. I'm a retired federal law enforcement officer, and carry under ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: GA kid with CC thinks he can carry everywhere

  1. #31
    GH
    GH is offline
    VIP Member Array GH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,204
    Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    With all due respect, if he was, he was still wrong. I'm a retired federal law enforcement officer, and carry under the authority of HR 218 or LEOSA. For over 27 years I flew on commercial aircraft armed. As a retired LEO, under the authority of LEOSA, I am NOT authorized to carry, within the cabin of that aircraft any longer. I hope you can prove me wrong, but I'm 99.9% certain.

    It's why I drive everywhere, because I'm not giving up my guns.
    I'm sure you're right. Definitely not on a commercial flight, 99.95% sure, lol.
    Glenn

    USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    Member Array Moops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    200

    GA kid with CC thinks he can carry everywhere

    The way he made the comment about the judge, I thought he was under the impression that a judge had decided a case and stated in his decision that all states have to honor each other's CCW. I showed him the map and said, "See those red states? Those are the ones where your GA license is not recognized." He seemed less certain after that.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

  4. #33
    VIP Member Array SmokinFool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    The way he made the comment about the judge, I thought he was under the impression that a judge had decided a case and stated in his decision that all states have to honor each other's CCW. I showed him the map and said, "See those red states? Those are the ones where your GA license is not recognized." He seemed less certain after that.
    Hopefully he will go back and regroup and look at this from a more logical perspective. Somehow I have my doubts however.

  5. #34
    Member Array latentcarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I seriously doubt that anyone could go anywhere in the state of Ga in this day and age and have their fingerprints ran thought the FBI database as well as a criminal background check and then see a judge to have a laminated and signed GFL issued to them; all in the same day. Heck, I'd even say in the same week, for that matter. If that is the case I would like for anyone to show what county or city that will do this. I have been a licensed concealed carry guy for 25+ years, and I have never seen or heard of anything remotely close to what you and this guy stated. Not trying to be a hard azz, but if it can be done there should be evidence of it somewhere, so please let me know, and please only site times and locations withing the last, lets say, 20 years or so.. If im wrong, ill be glad to concede the point. Thanks..
    I never said that he did it in any time frame: I simply stated that he had to apply for the permit with the County Probate Judge

  6. #35
    Senior Member Array tmoore912's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Coast of Georgia
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I seriously doubt that anyone could go anywhere in the state of Ga in this day and age and have their fingerprints ran thought the FBI database as well as a criminal background check and then see a judge to have a laminated and signed GFL issued to them; all in the same day. Heck, I'd even say in the same week, for that matter. If that is the case I would like for anyone to show what county or city that will do this. I have been a licensed concealed carry guy for 25+ years, and I have never seen or heard of anything remotely close to what you and this guy stated. Not trying to be a hard azz, but if it can be done there should be evidence of it somewhere, so please let me know, and please only site times and locations withing the last, lets say, 20 years or so.. If im wrong, ill be glad to concede the point. Thanks..
    Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Fayette County- 5 business days (applied 12/31) Fayette County- 5 business days (applied 12/31)

    Firearm Discussion ? View topic - LOWNDES 7 DAYS!!!!!!!!! LOWNDES 7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

    Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Baker Co Baker Co I got the license in 4 business days. Probate judge and her assistant were super nice and the actual sheriff took my prints.

    Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Barrow Co 2 days! Barrow Co 2 days!

    Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Cobb County - 4 business days! Cobb County - 4 business days!

    Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Effingham County It only took them six business day to get it to me.

    Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Marion County - 5 Days Marion County - 5 Days

    Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Atkinson County 2 days Atkinson County 2 days

    Firearm Discussion ? View topic - candler county - 1 day!
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

  7. #36
    VIP Member Array ghost tracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ky Backwoods
    Posts
    4,255
    I don't mind stupid kids, it's the nature of kids (I've raised 6 of 'em & spent some time as one myself!). It's the stupid, pontificating, bad-intel spewing GROWN-UPS that give me the butt-cramp. I resent them using the same credibility of wrinkles & gray hair that I USE as entirely too effective camouflage for their... ignorance.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

  8. #37
    Member Array GunsAndViolince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    332
    Just the other day a friend of mine was saying to me, "There are people in the world who won't believe there's a flood until they get wet."

    So, what I'm wondering is why (metaphorically speaking), for the sake of ideology, pride, pet theories, emotions, or what have you, WHY would reduce your capacity to that of someone who is blind and deaf? Or actually less, because people who are blind and deaf learn to get by with a little help and therefore GO when they feel that friendly hand tugging on them.

    Ugh. Hope he stays out of prison long enough to learn.

  9. #38
    VIP Member Array gottabkiddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    6,981
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Fayette County- 5 business days (applied 12/31) Fayette County- 5 business days (applied 12/31)Firearm Discussion ? View topic - LOWNDES 7 DAYS!!!!!!!!! LOWNDES 7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Baker Co Baker Co I got the license in 4 business days. Probate judge and her assistant were super nice and the actual sheriff took my prints.Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Barrow Co 2 days! Barrow Co 2 days!Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Cobb County - 4 business days! Cobb County - 4 business days!Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Effingham County It only took them six business day to get it to me.Firearm Discussion ? View topic - Marion County - 5 Days Marion County - 5 DaysFirearm Discussion ? View topic - Atkinson County 2 days Atkinson County 2 daysFirearm Discussion ? View topic - candler county - 1 day!
    Lol, way to go... You did cite a few that came close to 1 day, and one that did... Even if it was a place where the total population was only a little over 11k people. Candler County Georgia, Candler County is a county located in the U.S. state of Georgia. The constitutional amendment to create the county was proposed July 14, 1914, and ratified November 3, 1914. Wikipedia Area: 249 sq miles (644.9 km˛) Founded: 1914 Population: 11,276 (2011). As Obama would say, "their tiny"

    For the record. I didn't mean to imply that you said the whole one day thing. If I recall the OP said the kid in question said he got his in one day and supposedly saw the judge, got his paw print and the whole nine yards.... So, unless this kid and the OP lives in Candler county Ga, or some other similar tiny little township, where the judge is probably the acting sheriff. I seriously doubt that the kid in question is being truthful about his concealed carry license.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

  10. #39
    Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calaveras County, California
    Posts
    1,590
    Explain to this guy that when he gets caught carrying in the wrong place, and is convicted of a felony, he won't be carrying anything anymore.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

enhanced concealed carry georgia

,

ga ccw wait time 2013

,

georgia carry license wait time 2013

,

leosa

,

leosa georgia

,

leosa state of georgia

,

turnaround time for florida non resident ccw

,

utah ccw turnaround time 2013

,

utah concealed carry wait time 2013

,

x-concealment turnaround time

Click on a term to search for related topics.