About states that honor other states ccw

This is a discussion on About states that honor other states ccw within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My CCW for my state (Washington) is honored in 19 other states. My question is....will I eventually see another state added to this list? Has ...

Thread: About states that honor other states ccw

About states that honor other states ccw

My CCW for my state (Washington) is honored in 19 other states.
    My question is....will I eventually see another state added to this list?
    Has it always been 19? or did it go from 5 to 8 to 12 to 19??
    I have only been aware of CCW laws for the last year so, I believe it has been 19 during that time.
    One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.

Sir Winston Churchill.

2. Remove Ads

They can go up or down depending on each states requirements at the time. Idaho accepts ALL other states lic/permits, but not all accept Idaho's. This year AZ added Idaho to thier list, so it does change from time to time.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Most states are always changing, usually adding.
    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. – James Madison

member: NRA, SAF, GOA, USCCA
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Washington CCW plus one more

I used to have a non resident Washington CCW but let it lapse after Washington started recognizing the Utah permit, which I have. The Washington permit is easier to obtain than some, in that the state does not require a training class for CCW.

But I don't believe that Washington state is as aggressive as some other states in trying to establish new reciprocity deals with other states. So if I had a "home state" Washington permit I would certainly keep it, but would also get a non resident permit from one of the "aggressive" states like Utah, Florida or Arizona. That way you could add 10 or 12 states to your present list of 19 in one stroke.

VIP Member
    If you want more write your state's attorney general and request it. You will probably have to do some research because other states will typically ony recognize states with similar requirements. Also good to make sure that states like Michigan, Missouri et. al that recognize all state permits are recognized by your state. It all helps.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies
    One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.

Sir Winston Churchill.

Maybe more important than WHAT states recognize your state's CCW is how their laws differ from your state!
    Texas DPS CHL Instructor

Is there such a thing as having too many Glocks???

"You may all go to Hell; And I will go to Texas!" Davy Crockett-1836

Here in Missouri our AG is a Dem-o-crap who opposed our CCW in the first place. He and his office were sitting on their thumbs as regards expanding reciprocity so a couple individuals started contacting states that looked like their laws would allow reciprocity and putting pressure on the AG. End result is that now Missouri is probably THE most recognized permit in the country.

If you would like to find out how they went about it go to missouricarry.com and contact realtor and sfcstu, they are the guys that got things going and I am sure they would give you guidance.

The short story is that most politicians don’t give a darn about CCW and aren’t going to do anything to advance it. It is probably going to be up to someone to get it done from your state gun community.

Me "realtor"

Yup, what the other guy just before me said. email me at - concealedcarry - at - earthlink.net.

BTW, your state turned down MO for reciprocity (we recognize yours and everyone elses). Washington has this thing about getting applicants to waive partial medical privacy (mental health) to apply for your permit. We don't do that in MO so..... Washington therefore said we don't want your stinkin MO permit here! Maybe that's part of the problem. Your state isn't real big on pushing it's permit and is more finicky about what you'll accept. Nonetheless, give me a line and I'll send you the way to go at it if your AG won't. We nailed eight (8) additional states for MO in four months and one more about to come on board. Now at 29 states where the MO permit flys.

Realtor,

I appreciate all the work that you and sfcstu are doing and have done on the behalf of Missouri CCWs. Thanks!!

I'm from Missouri and I enjoy traveling to the Pacific Northwest for bicycling, camping, hiking and kayaking. I would like to CCW while in the great outdoors. In some places you just don't know what you run into.

What is the deal with Washington, Oregon and Wyoming? How can we move things forward so that they will accept our CCWs?
    KJ

Member: NRA, GOA

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle" - Navy Seals

Assistant Administrator
    Realtor - forgive the intrusion but - modified your mentioned email addy - just to try and prevent you getting unwanted spam - the bots cruise this site and maybe would pick up yours to less than useful effect.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Utah CCW would give you Washington, Wyoming

You asked about how a MO resident can pick up the states of WA, WY and OR. If you got a Utah non-resident permit you would have Wyoming and Washington covered.

As for Oregon, nothing will help. The only non residents who can get the Oregon permit have to live in the adjacent states to Oregon, so Missouri is out. I fear that Oregon is too overrun with liberals to ever do anything to improve their CCW situation.

Washington turned as down as prviouslyg noted for the reasons noted. Wyoming has "frozen" reciprocity to new states temporarily to reevaluate their standards (they were going to turn us down because MO is a little more forgiving on old drug related misdeameanors) and Oregon does not recognize and other states permits.

Check http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf

Links