Who to Tell - Page 5

Who to Tell

This is a discussion on Who to Tell within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think that the fewer that know about it the better I've been carrying for years and I think you're onto something. Spouse...yes. Anyone else...no....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Who to Tell

I think that the fewer that know about it the better
    I've been carrying for years and I think you're onto something. Spouse...yes. Anyone else...no.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    I have no need to parade the fact that I carry. My self-worth comes from elsewhere. (Not that the OP is a mall ninja - but I do recall the time when I felt 'look how cool I am' urges.)

But at my church, for instance, I feel it is important to help build up the young men into guys who will be quality adults. Protecting a wife involves concealed carry, in my opinion. So last Sunday, for instance, one of the young men and I had a discussion on Glock 19 vs 26, 9mm vs 40, and the like. He has never asked if I carry, but in the context I'm sure he knows. That's fine with me: he's effectively family.

My folks and my sister's family don't know. Love 'em - they're wonderful - but they're both college professors if you catch my drift... No need to push it.

My parents and brother know I carry, and of course my wife. That's it. I agree with others here that the fewer who know, the better. It's really no one's business. I used to tell my wife whenever we went out that I was carrying, because she feels better and more confident going out when she knows, but I got tired of telling her every day, so I told her that anytime I walk out the door I am armed. She said "good, I'm glad."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links