Florida Concealed Carry Permit Process...Advice/Tips??? - Page 2

Florida Concealed Carry Permit Process...Advice/Tips???

This is a discussion on Florida Concealed Carry Permit Process...Advice/Tips??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Appointment equals "wait for months (last I checked, it was 3), get everything done at once, wait some more." Mail equals " get everything u ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Florida Concealed Carry Permit Process...Advice/Tips???

Re: Florida Concealed Carry Permit Process...Advice/Tips???

Appointment equals "wait for months (last I checked, it was 3), get everything done at once, wait some more."
    Mail equals " get everything u need urself, mail it (make sure u get return receipt), and wait a long time"

In this, its either take care of it all yourself and get everything or have someone else do it. Either way, you will be waiting about the same time. You might get it faster after the appointment, but from the time u set the appointment to the time ur permit comes back is about the same as mailing it in. Just make sure u send EVERYTHING you nerd or it will take longer.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the warm welcome and all the advice. It sounds like no matter what this is a crappy time to be getting my CCP. I will be in Tampa for police academy in 4 months and they have a regional office there I believe. I'll see if the wait times have dropped around then.

I set up my appointment last Monday at the Tampa office. As of then, the earliest appt. was April 8. It looks like every week, the wait extends by about 2 weeks. No signs of slowing yet. Good luck!

I called the Tampa office about 3 weeks ago and my appt is early March. I did check a couple other offices and they were within a couple of days of the Tampa office.

My experience

Quote Originally Posted by AlexEdge View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and proud to say I completed the Concealed Carry course yesterday. With my certificate I understand that I have a lot left to do before I can receive my actual permit. With all of the gun craziness going on right now, rumor has it that mail-in applications are taking forever. I'm entering the police Academy in St Petersburg, Florida in April and I would like to get my permit as soon as possible. If anyone has completed the course in Fl within the last few months/weeks could you fill me in on how the process went for you, post course completion? Any and all feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I completed my course on Saturday September 29, 2012 along with all required paper work. I personally hand delivered everything to the Punta Gorda office along with all required fees on Monday October 1st, 2012. The clock started ticking and the wait began. My license didn't arrived until Thursday January 10th which was almost 14-1/2 weeks. I called them a couple of times and they explained that they are extremely busy and simply backed up with applications.
    I have learned that having your finger prints done at the local police station electronically speeds things up considerably.

I agree with Retsupt99 Go to a regional office. Added benefit -- you won't need to pay for a notary. I did my renewal at the Jax office last year in 20 minutes.

Go Gators

Just received my permit a few weeks ago. 85 days from when I dropped the app in the mail until permit came back in the mail.

I called Tallahassee regional office on Jan 11 2013 and got an appointment for Jan 16, They expanded their hours to 7AM to 7PM to handle the appointments.

Florida Concealed Carry Permit Process...Advice/Tips???

I just went to the Ft Walton regional office. Their earliest available appointment was in May! They said to mail it in and hopefully someone will process it within 90 days.

I had a student yesterday who was told June 6th was the next available. I advised him to mail it in.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links