5.11 Covert shirts

5.11 Covert shirts

This is a discussion on 5.11 Covert shirts within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did a search for 5.11 and did not see any threads. I am wondering if anyone uses the 5.11 short sleave covert shirts for ...

Thread: 5.11 Covert shirts

5.11 Covert shirts

I did a search for 5.11 and did not see any threads.

I am wondering if anyone uses the 5.11 short sleave covert shirts for conceal carry and if so how well do they work for you?

I see I can get some closeouts on these shirts for $24.99 - $29.99 and was thinking I would give them a try. I have not used them before and was wondering if there are advantages or disadvantages to using them.

Thanks!

p.s. If this belongs in another forum category please move and thank you

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have two that I have had for over two years, they have held up well. My only issue is that they are a little warm in hot weather. I have the older style with the mesh lining so depending on what they have available you should be good to go.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

You should try looking in the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options section, then search for 5.11 holster shirt. Here are a few.

T shirt holster

T-Shirt Holsters
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I have them and they are really only good for covering a weapon. Not really a good idea for carrying a weapon. The current shirts are very light weight and if there is any wind, they can expose your pistol on your belt. They really need to add some weight to the bottom edge of the shirt to help hold it down.

I have one in each color offered, and use them all the time, when I have to dress a bit better than tee shirt and jeans. Love em. Used to wear them when I carried onboard commercial aircraft (active LEO) almost every time I flew. Do a great job of concealing everything I carried on my belt. I bought mine from LA Police Gear (I think it is), and have found some buy one get one deals there. They hold up well too, through many washes. 5.11 does things right. Might check it out.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Sponsored Links