Holy Cow! - Page 2

Holy Cow!

This is a discussion on Holy Cow! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RevTracy It just so happens that I am taking a class on money management and the speaker made a comment that is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Holy Cow!

Quote Originally Posted by RevTracy View Post
    It just so happens that I am taking a class on money management and the speaker made a comment that is relative to guns. He said, "Money is amoral...it isn't good or bad, it just is...but many people try to demonize money and those who have it." I thought this was a perfect argument against the emotional attack on guns. Guns are amoral...not good or bad...it is the human element that turns a gun one way or another. Of course, getting a far-left liberal to understand that is very difficult. I have three friends who are total O supporters and very liberal. They think I'm crazy for owning guns...if they knew I conceal carry they would have a heart attack...
    You should have told them before the last election . . . wait! Bad Jems! Bad bad bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    You should have told them before the last election . . . wait! Bad Jems! Bad bad bad!
    Hmmmm...I hadn't thought of that...perhaps before 2014...

We just have to keep hammering home the reality of the situation. Use the liberal approach,keep saying it loud enough & long enough ,they will eventually believe us.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

There are many people all along the various points of the line from far left to far right when it comes to guns, in both parties. I know people who are gun owners and support the 2A yet they also support all of these extreme bans and limits. I know people who are not gun owners who support the 2A and do not support bans or limits. The extreme ones follow the party line with no thought of their own. Those are the ones that scare me regardless of their affiliation. People are losing the art of critical thinking and forming their own opinion. They simply assume someone else's opinion as their own. Scary stuff.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

In wading through all of the recently reported gun statistics, it is reported that there are approximately 300 Million people in the US and 80 Million gun owners (who own about 300 Million guns). I recently saw another statistic which is rarely quoted. That over 50% of US households have a gun.

This got me to thinking that we are not necessarily in a minority. The 300 Mil population number includes people under the legal age to own a firearm. If you look at households like mine, we have 4 people in the house but only 1 gun owner. The math is misleading in that my wife doesn't own a gun but she supports gun owners. My kids, well, they're not in the voting public.

Perhaps a better way to look at this is the percentage of households that have a gun rather than just the number of gun owners. I also know quite a few households that do not have guns but they support 2A.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links