Lifetime NRA Membership, $300 Special, NO SPONSOR NEEDED

Lifetime NRA Membership, $300 Special, NO SPONSOR NEEDED

This is a discussion on Lifetime NRA Membership, $300 Special, NO SPONSOR NEEDED within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Everybody, I received a notice on a Virginia IDPA Mailing list that had the following info, ive cut and pasted it here. I did just ...

Exclamation Lifetime NRA Membership, $300 Special, NO SPONSOR NEEDED

Everybody, I received a notice on a Virginia IDPA Mailing list that had the following info, ive cut and pasted it here. I did just call the number shown below and in less than 10 mins, even with me asking questions for other prospective members I am now a Lifer! She commented their line has been busy, and the NRA had processed over 250,000 new/renewal memberships in the past 2 weeks!
    If you are a Vet, DAV, or other service member ask about the Distinguished Life Membership before you close the deal.

I'm not associated with any of the following, and actually have never listened to any of the shows(but i'll look into it now!)

"Tom Gresham has at least 2 TV shows and a weekly radio show – also available as a podcast at guntalk's Podcast or through iTunes. Free. He is Grit Grisham’s son – some may remember Grits as a writer with Sports Afield for years. Tom is a huge supporter of the NRA and gun rights.

In his weekly radio show this week he reported that he had worked out a special deal with the NRA so that listeners of his podcast or radio show can get an NRA LIFE MEMBERSHIP for $300. It is usually $1,000! This is a great opportunity. They have had a program for awhile, I think, where an existing Life Member could "gift" a Life Membership to a friend or family member for the same $300. The friend or family member could simply reimburse the existing Life Member for this benefit. But Tom has arranged to by-pass that procedure.

Anyone interested may call the NRA at 888-678-7894, tell them Tom Gresham sent you, and they will sign you up for a Life Membership. (This is a special number just for Tom’s program.) Be sure to have your existing NRA Membership Number handy. The operator only wanted my address and didn't request my NRA #

The podcasts are in one hour increments and can be accessed at the above website off any computer. The reference for this program is in last Sunday’s podcast ( 1/13/13) in Section A, about 3:55 minutes into this first segment. "
    Sig P290RS IWB- TT Gunleather Slim XC holster, Pocket- Wild Bills Concealment pocket holster
    Glock 19 IWB- TT GunLeather Slim IWB "Mikes Special", OWB- 5.11 Thumb Drive
    Lifetime NRA Member

When my wife learned of this deal, she insisted that I (a Life Member) sign her, and our three children, up as Life Members as well. So I got on-line to the NRA site and did it very easily (it's not the main website address, and I can't find the one I used just now, so you might just call them at 888-678-7894 as suggested above) . The NRA is the flagship gun rights organization in the mind of the general public (we can all quibble about some of its positions, but it does lots of good work), offers many benefits, sponsors a wide range of activities (we particularly like the Eddie Eagle gun safety for kids program), and is a very good investment for gun rights.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tnd2 View Post
    Everybody, I received a notice on a Virginia IDPA Mailing list that had the following info, ive cut and pasted it here. I did just call the number shown below and in less than 10 mins, even with me asking questions for other prospective members I am now a Lifer! She commented their line has been busy, and the NRA had processed over 250,000 new/renewal memberships in the past 2 weeks!
    If you are a Vet, DAV, or other service member ask about the Distinguished Life Membership before you close the deal.

I'm not associated with any of the following, and actually have never listened to any of the shows(but i'll look into it now!)

"Tom Gresham has at least 2 TV shows and a weekly radio show – also available as a podcast at guntalk's Podcast or through iTunes. Free. He is Grit Grisham’s son – some may remember Grits as a writer with Sports Afield for years. Tom is a huge supporter of the NRA and gun rights.

In his weekly radio show this week he reported that he had worked out a special deal with the NRA so that listeners of his podcast or radio show can get an NRA LIFE MEMBERSHIP for $300. It is usually $1,000! This is a great opportunity. They have had a program for awhile, I think, where an existing Life Member could "gift" a Life Membership to a friend or family member for the same $300. The friend or family member could simply reimburse the existing Life Member for this benefit. But Tom has arranged to by-pass that procedure.

Anyone interested may call the NRA at 888-678-7894, tell them Tom Gresham sent you, and they will sign you up for a Life Membership. (This is a special number just for Tom’s program.) Be sure to have your existing NRA Membership Number handy. The operator only wanted my address and didn't request my NRA #

The podcasts are in one hour increments and can be accessed at the above website off any computer. The reference for this program is in last Sunday’s podcast ( 1/13/13) in Section A, about 3:55 minutes into this first segment. "
    Please edit your post.

The "888-678-7894" phone number you listed is not an NRA phone number. That number will only put you in touch with a third party. That number is not owned nor is it operated by the NRA.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

The 888-678-7894 number is the number I used for this offer. My credit card was charged appropriately for the $300 with the NRA lifetime member offer.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JrHawk View Post
    The 888-678-7894 number is the number I used for this offer. My credit card was charged appropriately for the $300 with the NRA lifetime member offer.
    The OP stated the following:
    ...Anyone interested may call the NRA at 888-678-7894...
    That statement is false. You cannot call that number and get the NRA. The people who answer the phone do not work for the NRA...They are a third party.

The statement made by the OP is false and misleading because one cannot call the NRA by dialing 888-678-7894. That phone number is not assigned to the NRA.

If you or anyone else wants to speak with the NRA member services, call the NRA directly at 877-NRA-2000.

To the OP or any Moderator,

Please edit the original post so that it no longer falsely advertises the 888-678-7894 phone number as being an official NRA phone number.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Wink Husband is a proud new Lifetime member of the NRA!

My husband is now a proud Lifetime member of the NRA ($300.00) ♥

They are running a special for Lifetime Membership. It usually costs $1000 but if you tell the that you received a notice from Tom Gresham (radio host) it will only cost $300!
    call 800-672-3888 (this is the number for the NRA, Google it) and tell them that you received a notice from Tom Gresham and you would like to sign up for a lifetime membership. Expect to hold for a few minutes. I don't know if they have extended their hours because of demand. We called at 7 pm EST and were able to sign up.

The phone number I listed, 888-678-7894, is also advertised on Tom Gresham's Gun Talk website. I cant call in at this late hour to verify, but I feel it is a good number, third party or not. Ill update as soon as I can get verification either way.

1MoreGoodGuy
    I dont see an option to edit my original post or I would make a note that i'm planning to verify.
    Sig P290RS IWB- TT Gunleather Slim XC holster, Pocket- Wild Bills Concealment pocket holster
    Lifetime NRA Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tnd2 View Post
    The phone number I listed, 888-678-7894, is also advertised on Tom Gresham's Gun Talk website. I cant call in at this late hour to verify, but I feel it is a good number, third party or not. Ill update as soon as I can get verification either way.

1MoreGoodGuy
    I dont see an option to edit my original post or I would make a note that i'm planning to verify.
    You waited too long and are now past the time frame for editing your own posts. You will need to contact a moderator via PM and ask them to make the necessary changes for you.

The number you list may be on Tom's website but it is not an NRA number...It is a third party that is processing transactions for Tom.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Just got thru to verify, my membership has been changed to Life, some of the deals use call centers, this one does. So yes its not the NRA answering, but it is valid. FYI the charge appeared on my card as NRA MEMBERSHIP.
    Lifetime NRA Member

is it possible to get the $300. life membership on some sort of payment plan ?

Not sure, the only thing I asked while I had the operator online was if there was a deadline for the deal, and her reply was that a Full Member can sponsor someone for the $300 deal anytime.
    Lifetime NRA Member

I did this about one week ago and my charge card has not been charged yet and nothing new as to my status on the NRA account. I called that number yesterday and they referred me to the NRA. I tried calling them and was on hold for about 10 minutes before I hung up. May try again today. I am wondering if the gal that took my information originally maybe goofed up on my charge number or something and it won't go through now.

Quote Originally Posted by danv View Post
    I did this about one week ago and my charge card has not been charged yet and nothing new as to my status on the NRA account. I called that number yesterday and they referred me to the NRA. I tried calling them and was on hold for about 10 minutes before I hung up. May try again today. I am wondering if the gal that took my information originally maybe goofed up on my charge number or something and it won't go through now.
    At some point I had let my NRA membership expire, when I rejoined they set up a new account for me and I had been renewing that account every year or multi years if a deal was out. Well when I did this deal for Life they actually applied the Life to my old membership, so currently I have a Life and 1 year left on my other membership, so I now get American Rifleman and 1st Freedom digitally. I just spoke with the NRA last night, and my Life account hasn't been updated, but she assured me it was in the works, its just that they were so far behind.
    Lifetime NRA Member

Can't beat the price. I'll have to call and find a bit more info. Thanks

My NRA account was just udated today as life member.

Links