Defensive Carry banner

PRINTING - Any Horror Stories?

9K views 52 replies 38 participants last post by  nightsonge 
#1 ·
There is soooooo much talk about "printing". Has anyone ever been stopped or talked to about printing?

Just curious to hear your experiences as I get ready to start carrying. CHL is IN THE MAIL! Literally!!! :danceban:

#35 ·
Was in a Fast food restaurant the other day and happened to notice the person in the next table stand up. The body motion immediately said "Don't want to print." It was strange, but I could tell. Then, he leaned over to tell his daughter something and the entire handle and top of the barrel printed.

Usually I'd just leave it alone, but throughout the meal he was constantly tugging on his shirt so I could tell he was worried about it. When I got up to wash my hands (just coming back from the range), I excused myself, leaned in just enough to not be heard by anyone else but still no in his personal space, and let him know he was printing.

He seemed to take it pretty well.

#36 ·
...one cold December day, I was at WH huggin' a coffee cup and two "mature" bikers came in...geared out to the max...and sat at the bar...took of their colors and hung 'em behind them...I said howdy and they did...I said "Hey, Bud, it's cold in here...you need to put your jacket back on..." he smiled and said he was fine...I said it again and touched my beltline...he turned red and white like a candy cane and yanked his jacket back on fast as he could...to cover the belt holster and 9mm he was carrying...we both had a good laugh over his "senior moment"...that's Texas....where we're still workin' on gettin' open carry...

#37 ·
Not a real printing story, but I was at the grocery store the other day with my 3 yr old, bent over to get something off a low shelf and heard the dreaded words...."Oh my god, he's got a gun"....I instantly realized that my shirt had ridden up, uncovering my weapon. In my state, we don't worry about printing, as we have open carry, but I didn't want to incite a riot, so I just stood up and went about my business. That woman left the cart right were she was and damn near ran out of the store...:confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#39 ·
Not a real printing story, but I was at the grocery store the other day with my 3 yr old, bent over to get something off a low shelf and heard the dreaded words...."Oh my god, he's got a gun"....I instantly realized that my shirt had ridden up, uncovering my weapon. In my state, we don't worry about printing, as we have open carry, but I didn't want to incite a riot, so I just stood up and went about my business. That woman left the cart right were she was and damn near ran out of the store...:confused:Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
"News At 11" ~ Local supermarket experiences severe drop in business. Customers fear for their lives. LOL

#41 ·
Saw an older gentlemen in the upscale restaurant I was working at sit down and remove his jacket, which revealed a full size .45 at about 4:00.

I wasn't too worried about it.

#43 ·
Printing

I have never had an issue printing at home, but for some reason I can't get the one at the gun shop to work. Everytime I press copy or print it jams up and spits five pages through the printer. Anyone have any advice on how I can avoid erroneous printing?

#45 ·
I have never had an issue printing at home, but for some reason I can't get the one at the gun shop to work. Everytime I press copy or print it jams up and spits five pages through the printer. Anyone have any advice on how I can avoid erroneous printing?
Keep your finger off the trigger. LOL

#51 ·
I wonder what people think when they see one of us printing. The lady in the grocery store must have a miserable life to freak out over a peek. As posted earlier in TX it is intentional print or exposure. If my gun looks good while standing at ease I feel I am g2g.
As far as 911 operators, they should ask a little about the situation before sending a unit. If a guy is obviously shopping with his wife and /or kids ,he's not a threat. Sheeple will be Sheeple.

#53 ·
Well, I've got this old Canon BJC printer that prints every letter backwards. Right order, just printed backwards. Never did figure that one out.
No horror stories, but, I did use to worry about it quite a bit. VERY glad Oklahoma passed Open Carry for that reason, I still conceal, unless I'm out in the woods camping, or hiking. just more comfortable that way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.