PRINTING - Any Horror Stories?

This is a discussion on PRINTING - Any Horror Stories? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The convenience store I stop by for coffee in the morning and the weekends is regularly frequented by LEO's. (Big selection of fresh coffee and ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: PRINTING - Any Horror Stories?

The convenience store I stop by for coffee in the morning and the weekends is regularly frequented by LEO's. (Big selection of fresh coffee and donuts ) A couple of weekends ago I was in for morning coffee, while I was pouring coffee in my cup one of the LEO's walked up and addressed me by name, I know quite a few of them by now. Once he got my attention he slowly reached out and pulled my shirt back over my sidearm to conceal it.

We have had numerous discussions in the past concerning concealing and he knows that I carry 100% of the time. Nothing was said when he was finished, he just refilled his coffee and went to his vehicle.
    scgunlover1 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    My worst printing experience was a laser jet spitting out 50 pages of one-lined garble.

My very first carry gun was a G23, and I carried it IWB at 4 o'clock. I was coming back from a late day at my summer internship, and stopped by Taco Bell. (Yeah, I know. I'll have a nice thread about Taco Bell in the Scenarios sub-forum here in a minute.) I didn't have my concealment clothing figured out quite right yet, and while gorging myself on the mystery meat, my shirt eventually rode up, revealing the black Tuppergun in all its glory. And then I looked in the glass window and saw the reflection of a guy sitting not too far away, and he was staring at it. He kept on eating, but he kept staring at it. I think my face got hotter than a tub full of habanero sauce.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Quote Originally Posted by CigarStix View Post
    There is soooooo much talk about "printing". Has anyone ever been stopped or talked to about printing?

Just curious to hear your experiences as I get ready to start carrying. CHL is IN THE MAIL! Literally!!!
    I have Hewlett Packard Officejet 6500A Plus but no one has ever stopped me to talk about it.

It also scans and copies. I can also send and receive faxes but haven't done that in years. Overall, I'm pleased with it.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I've said this a few times before, Printing is a part of carrying. If you're doing it legal and making a conscious effort to cover your gun, you shouldn't have any problems.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Well since OC is not only legal but well accepted here on Colorado's western slope, I rarely "cover-up" at all. The only reason I am CCing right now is it has been the coldest JAN on record, only above freezing twice and 10 straight days of record setting lows, up to -14. An accidental "display" would attract about as much attention as a bird flying by.

My definition of "printing" is anytime there is a clear outline of a firearm making it readily apparent and obvious to anyone that what you are seeing is a firearm.

Anything else, is what is considered to be a protruding bulge. Something which shows a vague dimensional outline of some non-discript item which could literally be anything.

In my experience, unless you are wearing a see though, tissue thin garment, printing of the firearm is a pretty rare occurrence. "Printing" seems to be a term which is used inappropriately by most gun owners.

What almost everyone who carries a gun wants to know is, "What do I do about that bulge on the side of my hip?" And the standard answer is... Nothing!

Almost every firearm is going to have a visible bulge at any given moment. What you will learn through experience, as everyone else does, is that almost no one is going to see it. People just don't go around staring at people, and scrutinizing every lump under someone's clothing. And of the few which may notice something, even less will actually say something about it. And in those cases (unless you're wearing a shirt made out of tissue paper, and are clearly "printing"), that bulge is anything you tell them it is.

On many occasions, I've left home with what my subconscious has told me was a horrible, visible bulge, and spent all day long out among the sheep, and not one single person has ever noticed it, or even mentioned it. The only time a person has ever mentioned a bulge on my side, I wasn't even carrying a gun. It was a Cannon Sure Shot digital camera carried in a belt case.

The simple answer is, "Keep your gun covered and don't worry about it. And if inquiring minds want to know... It's going to be anything you tell them it is."
    Will_Power and atctimmy like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I took a friend of mine on an hour-long motorcycle ride one time, and was CCing a full-size FNX-9 in an OWB holster under my shirt and jacket. Printing big time without the jacket. When we got back I asked her, purely out curiosity, if she knew I had a pistol. She had her arm on it for about an hour and never had a clue. Her response was, "Cool! Can I see it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    that bulge is anything you tell them it is.
    Ug, why can't I find the raising eyebrow smiley when I need it...
    Bark'n, aus71383, pfries and 1 others like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Does having the USB cable pull out in the middle of a 74 page document count?

No horror stories here, but then VA is an OC friendly carry state so printing is a non-issue.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

No problems at all.It's like someone said,most people are so busy,doing whatever,they don't pay it any attention.We don't have OC,but,i wouldn't if we could

To my knowledge I have never printed to the point of causing concern from the people around me. And OC is legal here anyway, so even if I accidentally "flashed," I would be OK, at least after the local LEO showed up from the MWAG call!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You have nothing to fear (about printing) except fear (of printing) itself. But if you print, someone will try to take your gun or target you to shoot first!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    I have Hewlett Packard Officejet 6500A Plus but no one has ever stopped me to talk about it.

It also scans and copies. I can also send and receive faxes but haven't done that in years. Overall, I'm pleased with it.
    A custom holster for that puppy must be outrageous!
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Qtip View Post
    "Cool! Can I see it?"
    Are we still talking about your "gun"?
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member