PRINTING - Any Horror Stories?

This is a discussion on PRINTING - Any Horror Stories? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Qtip "Cool! Can I see it?" Good girl!...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: PRINTING - Any Horror Stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Qtip View Post
    "Cool! Can I see it?"
    Good girl!

2. Remove Ads

...now THERE'S a fine example of the REAL police...did the job well, completely controlled the situation but didn't grandstand or gloryhog...showed the citizen respect and honor...makes this old blue dog proud!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    On my way to the range but hungry, I got out of my car with a full-size polished stainless steel 1911 OWB under a leather vest, I retrieved my paper from the car, went into coffee bistro and was ordering when a LEO came in who was very friendly, knew the cashier and had met me and we spoke incidentally someplace in the same neighborhood few weeks back. Gave me big smile. Bistro was crowded. He then oddly got VERY close and slightly behind and to my side and then said quietly: "You have a permit for that?" I instantly knew gun had printed and said yes. "Can I see the permit?" he said again quietly. My wallet already in my hands to pay for food ordered and on top of a high counter, I started to look thru it.

He got even closer and just above whisper but very intently said "DON'T turn to your side. I don't want a scene". "No, I won't", I said. Permit out I passed it back to him, he read it quick and the tension broke. "Printing, right?" I asked. "PRINTING!" he laughed. "You just put on a show for the whole neighborhood! You better invest in a longer vest!" We all three, the cashier too, laughed.

Turned out, just as the cop was driving by, when I reached back in car to get my paper the vest settled BEHIND the gun. So I waked with a full size completely exposed cocked and locked 1911 shining like a mirror in the sun right into a crowded public place and directly to the cashier. LEO said " I knew I met you and you certainly don't look like the type who'd hold up a store (I'm older with white hair) and most armed robbers don't just walk in with their gun showing like a billboard, but you DID walk in fast and directly to the cashier, so...." Said he had slammed his brakes on when he saw the shining very large cocked gun, And walked in right behind me.

No charges, guy had a real funny sense of humor and was so quiet the way he checked me out he caused no panic in the crowded place, I doubt anyone knew what was happening. Laughed again and went off on his duties.

I NEVER wore that vest over such a big gun again, I can tell you that! And THAT was a very reasonable LEO who didn't have to be.
    aus71383 likes this.

...not from Texas there's not...'cause it's not illegal here...

"PC 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun."

Quote Originally Posted by CigarStix View Post
    There is soooooo much talk about "printing". Has anyone ever been stopped or talked to about printing?

Just curious to hear your experiences as I get ready to start carrying. CHL is IN THE MAIL! Literally!!!

PRINTING - Any Horror Stories?
    There is soooooo much talk about "printing".
    Yeah, The cost of HP ink cartridges IS INSANE !!
    Oh wait.... never mind...

Was in a Fast food restaurant the other day and happened to notice the person in the next table stand up. The body motion immediately said "Don't want to print." It was strange, but I could tell. Then, he leaned over to tell his daughter something and the entire handle and top of the barrel printed.

Usually I'd just leave it alone, but throughout the meal he was constantly tugging on his shirt so I could tell he was worried about it. When I got up to wash my hands (just coming back from the range), I excused myself, leaned in just enough to not be heard by anyone else but still no in his personal space, and let him know he was printing.

He seemed to take it pretty well.

...one cold December day, I was at WH huggin' a coffee cup and two "mature" bikers came in...geared out to the max...and sat at the bar...took of their colors and hung 'em behind them...I said howdy and they did...I said "Hey, Bud, it's cold in here...you need to put your jacket back on..." he smiled and said he was fine...I said it again and touched my beltline...he turned red and white like a candy cane and yanked his jacket back on fast as he could...to cover the belt holster and 9mm he was carrying...we both had a good laugh over his "senior moment"...that's Texas....where we're still workin' on gettin' open carry...
    atctimmy likes this.

Re: PRINTING - Any Horror Stories?

Not a real printing story, but I was at the grocery store the other day with my 3 yr old, bent over to get something off a low shelf and heard the dreaded words...."Oh my god, he's got a gun"....I instantly realized that my shirt had ridden up, uncovering my weapon. In my state, we don't worry about printing, as we have open carry, but I didn't want to incite a riot, so I just stood up and went about my business. That woman left the cart right were she was and damn near ran out of the store...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You'll now forever remember to kneel rather than bend over!
    atctimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jibbr71 View Post
    Not a real printing story, but I was at the grocery store the other day with my 3 yr old, bent over to get something off a low shelf and heard the dreaded words...."Oh my god, he's got a gun"....I instantly realized that my shirt had ridden up, uncovering my weapon. In my state, we don't worry about printing, as we have open carry, but I didn't want to incite a riot, so I just stood up and went about my business. That woman left the cart right were she was and damn near ran out of the store...Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    "News At 11" ~ Local supermarket experiences severe drop in business. Customers fear for their lives. LOL
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Kentucky is an OC and CC state so I never worry about printing.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro - Gave it to my Daughter to carry.
    Carry Pistol. Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro Duotone 13+1.
    Carry Pistol. Bersa Thunder 9 HC Pro Duotone 17+1.
    Politicians should be limited to 2 terms - One in office and one in prison.

Saw an older gentlemen in the upscale restaurant I was working at sit down and remove his jacket, which revealed a full size .45 at about 4:00.

I wasn't too worried about it.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Distinguished Member
    Great story Detective. I know what to wear to avoid any probability of exposing my gun. Never had problem. Dress around the gun.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Printing

I have never had an issue printing at home, but for some reason I can't get the one at the gun shop to work. Everytime I press copy or print it jams up and spits five pages through the printer. Anyone have any advice on how I can avoid erroneous printing?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbr71 View Post
    Not a real printing story, but I was at the grocery store the other day with my 3 yr old, bent over to get something off a low shelf and heard the dreaded words...."Oh my god, he's got a gun"....I instantly realized that my shirt had ridden up, uncovering my weapon. In my state, we don't worry about printing, as we have open carry, but I didn't want to incite a riot, so I just stood up and went about my business. That woman left the cart right were she was and damn near ran out of the store...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    You didn't have to wait long at the checkout though, did you?
    DFuller likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    I have never had an issue printing at home, but for some reason I can't get the one at the gun shop to work. Everytime I press copy or print it jams up and spits five pages through the printer. Anyone have any advice on how I can avoid erroneous printing?
    Keep your finger off the trigger. LOL
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links