PRINTING - Any Horror Stories? - Page 4

PRINTING - Any Horror Stories?

This is a discussion on PRINTING - Any Horror Stories? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bark'n that bulge is anything you tell them it is. OH; that's my colostomy bag...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: PRINTING - Any Horror Stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    that bulge is anything you tell them it is.
    OH; that's my colostomy bag

PRINTING - Any Horror Stories?

"it's a big, fat, loaded gun".

I conceal pretty well but I won't sugarcoat it if someone thinks they've discovered some deep dark secret by catching a peek at my pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...now THERE'S a fine example of the REAL police...did the job well, completely controlled the situation but didn't grandstand or gloryhog...showed the citizen respect and honor...makes this old blue dog proud!!!
    As the one who had the gun described I absolutely agree and thought afterwards: the wrong officer and I would have been in danger and the patrons freaked out of their minds. He was so nice and respectful - but he knew EXACTLY what he was doing and had the situation well in hand like a true professional, executed his job quietly and with balance for checking me out but not embarrassing me and left with a smile - terrific officer.

We have a VERY good force where I live. I got into potentially very serious trouble late one night calling 911 to help a women I was sure some guy was about to beat to a pulp. Soon as he saw me with the cell phone - I was all alone, isolated on very dark street and defenseless: older and handicapped physically, and this before I had a permit - he turned and came right at me; he was massive, young and out of his mind with drugs and screaming about my calling police and yelling what he was going to do to me as he came closer- but I got strangely very calm and just casually looked at him while I spoke to 911 - he halted and looked confused about 3' away from me, kept threatening but made moves to leave and would come back but in hesitation. I think my calmness, never aggressing but moving back not an inch (I can't run and anyhow knew he'd be on top of me in an instant with God knows what, knife, gun - if I tried it.) made him think I was a cop or armed civilian and knew exactly what I was doing. Truth be told, I was winging it on a prayer but really calm. Meanwhile 911, astute operator, had said, "Is that him", she heard him screaming and threatening right at the top and when I said yes, it seemed about a second before sirens sounded from all over the place by this point. The guy ran away soon as they started and seemed 1 second later squad cars were flying in all over the place, going wrong way down one-way streets, coming in from everywhere at once to save my poor skinny behind. One screeched to a halt and yelled was I OK, then yelled which way did he go when I said I was OK - and WHAM! - off they all went . I was so impressed and thankful I immediately went home and called their Headquarters, got the watch Chief and told him how great his officers had just been and had arrived even faster than in NYC - where I had lived for a time and has extremely quick response time, in force, by police. But our guys were better. I asked the Chief to personally thank the officers for me. He was very thankful for my call - said; "You know all we here are complaints from citizens; this is so welcome and the officers will be very happy you called!"

PS: Just my 2 cents but I think we all should call and THANK the police when they do a good job like this. They put themselves in grave danger for us, get relatively little pay for it, and always hear the negatives about themselves. Why not let them know of your thanks too!
    Jemsaal and thephanatik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    I was so impressed and thankful I immediately went home and called their Headquarters, got the watch Chief and told him how great his officers had just been and had arrived even faster than in NYC - where I had lived for a time and has extremely quick response time, in force, by police. But our guys were better. I asked the Chief to personally thank the officers for me. He was very thankful for my call - said; "You know all we here are complaints from citizens; this is so welcome and the officers will be very happy you called!"
    This! I think people forget that doing something as simple as this would go a very long way in keeping good LEO's on the job.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    My definition of "printing" is anytime there is a clear outline of a firearm making it readily apparent and obvious to anyone that what you are seeing is a firearm.Anything else, is what is considered to be a protruding bulge. Something which shows a vague dimensional outline of some non-discript item which could literally be anything.

In my experience, unless you are wearing a see though, tissue thin garment, printing of the firearm is a pretty rare occurrence. "Printing" seems to be a term which is used inappropriately by most gun owners.

that bulge is anything you tell them it is.
    Bark'n pretty much nailed it. Nobody will notice a bulge on your hip because EVERYONE has a smartphone these days. If someone does ask what it is the best answer I have heard that is non-offensive but shuts people up is that it's your insulin pump.

Really though, nobody cares. I've been CCing for more than a decade now and I stopped caring about printing a long time ago. I almost always carry OWB because it more comfortable. Sometimes I'll carry my G19 OWB in the summer under just an untucked t-shirt. When the wind blows it prints like you wouldn't believe. You can see the entire outline of a gun. Nobody ever notices because they are concerned about themselves and never really look at anyone or anything else.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I wonder what people think when they see one of us printing. The lady in the grocery store must have a miserable life to freak out over a peek. As posted earlier in TX it is intentional print or exposure. If my gun looks good while standing at ease I feel I am g2g.
    As far as 911 operators, they should ask a little about the situation before sending a unit. If a guy is obviously shopping with his wife and /or kids ,he's not a threat. Sheeple will be Sheeple.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

No none that were not in my head. First day carrying thought everyone saw my lcr in my pocket. But since i dont worrie about it and cant the lcr in my pocket. Still waiting on boot grips.
    Every saint has a past
    Every sinner has a future

Well, I've got this old Canon BJC printer that prints every letter backwards. Right order, just printed backwards. Never did figure that one out.
    No horror stories, but, I did use to worry about it quite a bit. VERY glad Oklahoma passed Open Carry for that reason, I still conceal, unless I'm out in the woods camping, or hiking. just more comfortable that way
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links