PRINTING - Any Horror Stories?

This is a discussion on PRINTING - Any Horror Stories? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is soooooo much talk about "printing". Has anyone ever been stopped or talked to about printing? Just curious to hear your experiences as I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: PRINTING - Any Horror Stories?

PRINTING - Any Horror Stories?

There is soooooo much talk about "printing". Has anyone ever been stopped or talked to about printing?

Just curious to hear your experiences as I get ready to start carrying. CHL is IN THE MAIL! Literally!!!
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

My handwriting is doctor-like awful, so I've been talked to about it all... cursive, printing, you name it.

But no... OC is legal in Georgia, so it's just not something I have ever really worried about.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Yep. I swear... Like half the time I cancel a print job it just sits in the queue holding up the rest of the jobs. It's doesnt matter how many times I try to cancel it or restart it. You would think that in 2013 someone would figure out how to write a damn print driver that actually works.
    Brad426, Aceoky, krisspy and 9 others like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

A gun printing could be explained as any number of things. Usually it's just a bulge or peak in some clothing. Many things could cause this. If anyone calls you on it, tell them it's your cell phone. Tell them it's your wallet. Tell them it's your keys. Heck, tell them it's your colostomy bag to shut them up real quick.

To be honest, the only people that may see a genuine "print" are fellow concealed carriers and they're unlikely to confront you about it. 99% of people are too busy looking at their phone or otherwise generally being oblivious to the world around them to notice any "printing". If the lard-arsed "disabled" welfare junkies at Wal-Mart can't see a shopping cart coming at them what makes you think they'll notice your firearm?
    atctimmy, scgunlover1 and 0331 like this.

The ink cartridges always dry up in my printer.

Worrying about your weapon printing through your shirt makes you sound a bit paranoid. Very very few people would even notice. Cops mostly. So as long as you are legal whats the worry.
    PROTECT THE FLOCK, CONFRONT THE WOLF.....

A bunch of comedians! Who knew gun enthusiasts had such great senses of humor?!?!

P.S. Unplugging and restarting the print job works wonders!
    ep1953 likes this.
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

The Academy Award for Printing:

On my way to the range but hungry, I got out of my car with a full-size polished stainless steel 1911 OWB under a leather vest, I retrieved my paper from the car, went into coffee bistro and was ordering when a LEO came in who was very friendly, knew the cashier and had met me and we spoke incidentally someplace in the same neighborhood few weeks back. Gave me big smile. Bistro was crowded. He then oddly got VERY close and slightly behind and to my side and then said quietly: "You have a permit for that?" I instantly knew gun had printed and said yes. "Can I see the permit?" he said again quietly. My wallet already in my hands to pay for food ordered and on top of a high counter, I started to look thru it.

He got even closer and just above whisper but very intently said "DON'T turn to your side. I don't want a scene". "No, I won't", I said. Permit out I passed it back to him, he read it quick and the tension broke. "Printing, right?" I asked. "PRINTING!" he laughed. "You just put on a show for the whole neighborhood! You better invest in a longer vest!" We all three, the cashier too, laughed.

Turned out, just as the cop was driving by, when I reached back in car to get my paper the vest settled BEHIND the gun. So I waked with a full size completely exposed cocked and locked 1911 shining like a mirror in the sun right into a crowded public place and directly to the cashier. LEO said " I knew I met you and you certainly don't look like the type who'd hold up a store (I'm older with white hair) and most armed robbers don't just walk in with their gun showing like a billboard, but you DID walk in fast and directly to the cashier, so...." Said he had slammed his brakes on when he saw the shining very large cocked gun, And walked in right behind me.

No charges, guy had a real funny sense of humor and was so quiet the way he checked me out he caused no panic in the crowded place, I doubt anyone knew what was happening. Laughed again and went off on his duties.

I NEVER wore that vest over such a big gun again, I can tell you that! And THAT was a very reasonable LEO who didn't have to be.
    Yetiman, Remy, aus71383 and 9 others like this.

^^
    Great story, I almost broke out some popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikemobile View Post
    The ink cartridges always dry up in my printer.

Worrying about your weapon printing through your shirt makes you sound a bit paranoid. Very very few people would even notice. Cops mostly. So as long as you are legal whats the worry.
    I have to admit... I do worry about it. Not like constantly or anything but I do still usually check the mirror before I leave the house. The only thing worse than getting mwag'd os getting bmwag'd
    0331 likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Worst job I ever had was at a print shop, screen printing sun tea jars. A truly horrible, soul crushing experience.

No worries about printing in Missouri, although I try not to.

joe

I feel bad for the states that don't allow OC. You would think of all places, Texas would...
    ep1953 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The internet is full of horror stories, and they're all true . . . 'cause they're on the internet!
    scgunlover1 and ep1953 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Off the top of my head, I can't recall any CC printing stories that went bad.

But there are plenty of reported stories out there about MWAG calls, both for CC and OC. One ugly OC incident I do recall is from Ohio, when Dan Sayers was taken down at gunpoint following a fearful ninny calling in a report of a "man with a gun." You can find plenty of details on Google or Youtube.

Oregon is also an OC state, but there are plenty of incidents in the past several years where carriers have been roughly handled.

Still, things largely seem to be quieting down. During the transition years, LEO's in many states seemed to go off a bit half-cocked whenever someone with a gun was reported. Seems to be much less of that sort of thing, these days.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    OC is legal in Massachusetts but typically discouraged. Quite frankly, I've never seen it. I have seen others print; however, and occasionally have given them that look that says..."pretty obvious you're carrying." Because CCW Permits (Class a LTC in Massachusetts) are at the discretion of the local police chief in the town you reside, most people do not want to provoke a revocation of license by OC'ing, even though it is legal (technically).
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

GH
    I have a horror story. I walked past a mirror while carrying once & looked closely at my reflection. I could tell on very careful observation that there might have been a gun bulging a bit. I got so scared that I ran around in circles yelling "gun!"
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links