Question re: Florida non-resident CCL

This is a discussion on Question re: Florida non-resident CCL within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just confused myself by reading HANDGUNLAW.US I have a Utah and Florida non-resident CCL I have a resident Wisconsin CCL Question: Will Florida honor ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By OldVet

Thread: Question re: Florida non-resident CCL

Question re: Florida non-resident CCL

I just confused myself by reading HANDGUNLAW.US

I have a Utah and Florida non-resident CCL

I have a resident Wisconsin CCL

Question:

Will Florida honor a non-resident Florida CCL? Now that I said that it seems like a dumb question but none the less I need to ask.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

2. Remove Ads

yes
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Florida does not have a "non-resident" CWFL. It only has a CWFL issued to a non-resident.

Be aware that some states, Fl included, only honor permits from other states IF the holder is a resident of that state. In other words, FL will not honor a CT permit issued to a NY resident.
    rigel42 and Jetfuelrm like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Florida does not have a "non-resident" CWFL. It only has a CWFL issued to a non-resident.

Be aware that some states, Fl included, only honor permits from other states IF the holder is a resident of that state. In other words, FL will not honor a CT permit issued to a NY resident.
    Thanks NOW one more question: Is there any way to CC in South Carolina without have a SC CCL?
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    Thanks NOW one more question: Is there any way to CC in South Carolina without have a SC CCL?
    You have to be a resident of the state they honor I think
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    As of this moment there is no way as a resident of Wisconsin you can carry in South Carolina. Only if South Carolina at some point honors a Wisconsin permit can you carry there. As someone else mentioned, they don't honor non-resident permits from states they honor.

Links