do you like blackhawk serpa holsters?

This is a discussion on do you like blackhawk serpa holsters? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wear one everyday, I do like it. As long as my finger is flat when drawing there is no problem for me. I tried ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: do you like blackhawk serpa holsters?

I wear one everyday, I do like it. As long as my finger is flat when drawing there is no problem for me. I tried to pull the trigger by doing the boogie finger and still couldn't do an ND, but I wouldn't want to test it on a light tigger pull.. The glock has a pretty heavy pull, I think over 5lbs So no issues here.. Id like to try other ones though, and in summer I'll use IWB.

2. Remove Ads

Re: do you like blackhawk serpa holsters?

I don't have a Serpa. I went with an Itac of similar design. I've always preferred it over the Serpa...don't know why. Seems a bit less cumbersome to me I suppose. I've been using them for years and always think about where my finger falls when I draw. Just as some here have said, its about knowing your gear and being diligent about safety.

Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator
    Last edited by Nebraska12; January 26th, 2013 at 11:01 AM.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    There's better systems out there, like the G-Code XST holsters.

Edge Works: XST Holsters

For me, a thumb break holster makes more sense. Your thumb is naturally driven into the unlocking mechanism on your draw. Since there's other options out there, I'll never use a SERPA.
    Great link! The RTI mounting platform looks very versatile and it appears to work with the Safariland and Blackhawk holsters. I may have to give this a try.

Lead Moderator
    I like and use the Serpa holsters for open carry and sometimes CC (less so unless wearing heavy garments). I have purposely tried to jam the lock both in summer and winter and have been unsuccessful. Sure it's possible , but IMO unlikely. Given if the 5.11 thumb drive was available for my pistols , I would try them as a replacement.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Yes, I like Serpa holsters. I have trained/practiced my draw stroke so that I keep my finger straight, avoiding the problem of getting my finger on the trigger before I'm on target.

Yes, for now. I use it for IDPA but I am looking to get one that has less retention features. I always laugh when someone says they are unsafe because that is just not true. The holster is perfectly safe. It is the operator who is not safe. I have used mine extensively and never had my finger go into the trigger guard when I draw. The SERPA holster naturally causes my finger to fall on the frame - where it should be - when I draw. I use the paddle version and it holds really well on my belt and pants. I think I might modify it and use it for vehicle carry once I get a different type holster for IDPA.

Exactly BobbyGLock!

do you like blackhawk serpa holsters?

For CC I think thy are way to big but for range and duty I think they are great. I have a level 2 for the range and a level 3 for work.

-BTO-
    -BTO-

For CC We ALL know there just too big..

Unless ur wearing a Carrhartt..
    then its perfect

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links