POLL: Does your job allow CC? Do you CC at work? - Page 6

POLL: Does your job allow CC? Do you CC at work?

This is a discussion on POLL: Does your job allow CC? Do you CC at work? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I moved halfway across the country recently and had to make a temporary change of jobs out of law enforcement. I plan to be back ...

View Poll Results: CC at work allowed? Do you carry?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allowed; I carry

88 34.38%
  • Allowed; I don't carry inside

5 1.95%
  • Not allowed

163 63.67%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: POLL: Does your job allow CC? Do you CC at work?

I moved halfway across the country recently and had to make a temporary change of jobs out of law enforcement. I plan to be back in full-time LE by the end of the year, once I get my certification worked out and go through some hiring processes. Until then, I have a job that doesn't allow carry at work or allow firearms on company property. I don't carry at work, but I refuse to be disarmed when traveling between home and work, and for any stops I make. I keep my gun locked in a safe in my car and park just off company property. Missouri doesn't have any legislation I have been able to find that allows for guns in vehicles in violation of employer policy.

Kansas does have such legislation, but where I work is in Missouri. Given what I have found about about my company though, I suspect they would fire someone for having a gun in the car in Kansas and then just settle the lawsuit if someone sued. I don't much care for my job, and while I have no desire to get fired, I might be willing to be the test case if I worked in Kansas. I'd much rather have their money and not have to work for them.

Throughout my law enforcement career I have had some side jobs that didn't allow for carry. I never carried in my employers building, but I always had a gun locked in my car. In one case I would come to work (unarmed) security at a hospital straight from my LE job. They knew I was a full-time cop, and they knew I came straight there from my full-time job. I am sure my bosses knew I had a gun in my car, they never asked, and I never told.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I'm the employer.
    I own the building.
    I carry.

Thank you.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I work from home...so yes.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

As stated in my other thread, I'm self-employed, so I would definitely allow it. But I am in a shared building, and as I don't have my permit yet, carrying from my car (legal) into my office (legal) would take me through about 100 yards of shared space (third degree felony). So no, but soon, yes.

Ricky

Special permission to carry?

Is it legal to have a 'no guns allowed' policy in general but give special permission to certain CHL holding employees that would allow them to carry?
    Last edited by IMSpartacus; February 22nd, 2013 at 04:32 PM.

I own a parking lot stripping business, that is why I carry. Many times I'm working alone in the evening and early in the morning and started carrying because I have been approached by people that I do not feel comfortable being in a dark parking lot alone with.

My boss is an avid shooter with many many guns of his own. He has a CCW but does not carry regularly because he goes in and out of many businesses that are our customers all the time. I think it's not worth losing business over to him. But he allows carry at work as long as it stays concealed and customers don't see it. Many times the back room has guns laid out being cleaned after a lunch break session at the range. I am still waiting for my CCW to come in the mail so I can carry at work.

High School Teacher. Not allowed under penalty of arrest and dismissal.

I have my own holster business so I CCW all day long :)

saa
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Job?
    That made me laugh!! Thanks.
    saa.

Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    Carry concealed everyday at work. I also have a program where I will re-imburse my employees for the cost of obtaining their CHL!
    what do you do and can I have a job ? :)
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I am self employed so I carry when possible, some of my clients are in locations that do not allow it though, so I lock it in the trunk.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Re: POLL: Does your job allow CC? Do you CC at work?

I don't know, I've never asked. My bosses know I carry though and a couple of my coworkers will be getting their CHLs this spring.

Sent from my Droid X2 using Tapatalk 2 when I should probably be doing something else.

My employer does not allow it. I will not test the waters because having the means to provide for my kids will always come first.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

The awesome thing about Utah? With a CFP, a person can carry in/on school properties. I'm a professor at a small regional university and I conceal carry everyday. While it may sound corny, I feel that I have an obligation to my students to protect them from possible harm.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links