How many permits should you have?

This is a discussion on How many permits should you have? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You should only need one permit. U.S. Constitution, Amendment 2. I also have a MI CPL, which covers all the states that recognize out of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How many permits should you have?

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    You should only need one permit. U.S. Constitution, Amendment 2.

I also have a MI CPL, which covers all the states that recognize out of state right to carry.

2. Remove Ads

Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New Hampshire cover all the states I have or intend to travel to.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Shouldn't need any...but this has been educational. I have my NH only. Time to get some non resident permits to round out the permission slips from my nanny.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I have permit that I live in.If I was going to get one more it would be Utah.As states continue to be strapped for cash I think they will do what New Hampshire did use to be 20or 245 for 4 years now $100 a year for non resident.

Well, it seems like a few other had the same thought as me. You shouldn't need any, based on the whole "shall not be infringed" part of the 2a.

I personally have my Wisconsin permit (since I live in Wisconsin) and Florida because the requirements were similar enough I didn't need to do anything extra. I plan on getting my Arizona permit soon though.

In regards to the question about traveling through states where you cannot legally carry concealed, the "Safe Passage" provision of the Firearms Owners Protection Act is vital to look at. It is a federal law allowing you to travel THROUGH any state as the firearms and ammunition are not immediately accessible, that the firearms are unloaded and, in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driverís compartment, the firearms are located in a locked container.

It is important to make the point that this only covers you traveling through a state and short stops for food or gas.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    I have permit that I live in.If I was going to get one more it would be Utah.As states continue to be strapped for cash I think they will do what New Hampshire did use to be 20or 245 for 4 years now $100 a year for non resident.
    A New Hampshire permit is $100 for a non-resident permit, which is good for at least four years.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

yeah its another big joke put on by our government. thanks uncle sam. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

My FL permit covers every place I want to be...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I only have one and that's for Ohio. I was going to get a Pennsylvania permit when I first got mines but since I don't travel I figured I won't need it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links