Business's that doesn't want our business. (No carry stickers at the door) - Page 2

Business's that doesn't want our business. (No carry stickers at the door)

This is a discussion on Business's that doesn't want our business. (No carry stickers at the door) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I make it my business not to do business with those places that post a gunbuster sign unless I absolutely have to. The clinic where ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Business's that doesn't want our business. (No carry stickers at the door)

GH
    I make it my business not to do business with those places that post a gunbuster sign unless I absolutely have to. The clinic where my doctor has his office is one of them. I feel it's a safety issue where someone who intends to do their holdup or worse will go with the knowledge that the place will be gun-free except for his. I want the option to respond to someone like that.
    MrBuckwheat and mano3 like this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Here in Texas random "No guns allowed" signs carry no authority. In order to be valid the signs must adhere to a very specific set of rules including the size of lettering, specific language ( which is NOT negotiable) and must be in English and Spanish. Although business owners and managers etc. can ask a CCW to leave, I don't think it happens very often down here. Afaik...
    Last edited by filmtex; January 26th, 2013 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Mistyped word

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Take a look at Friend or Foe - Pro and Anti Gun Business Database if we all try to keep it updated, it will develop into something very useful.
    Thanks for this post! I was unaware that such a thing existed, but it can be a very nice page if word gets out!!

Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

VIP Member
    I'm curious: how many boycott locations housing all federal, state, and local government entities?
    Madcap_Magician likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Very few unfriendly signs here.

Be sure to be aware of local laws.

In Ohio the No Gun Signs carry force of Law behind them and I understand that it is possible to lose your state permit over violations.
    "If 10% is good enough for Jesus, it ought to be enough for Uncle Sam" Ray Stevens

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by makensmoke View Post
    In Ohio the No Gun Signs carry force of Law behind them and I understand that it is possible to lose your state permit over violations.
    Depending on where you are, it is either a misdemeanor or a felony. Obviously, felony carry is a DQ.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    I make it my business not to do business with those places that post a gunbuster sign unless I absolutely have to. The clinic where my doctor has his office is one of them. I feel it's a safety issue where someone who intends to do their holdup or worse will go with the knowledge that the place will be gun-free except for his. I want the option to respond to someone like that.
    That is the Wisconsin attitude, I will not carry into a place that is posted ( because I won't patronize it)
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

The good folks at Wilderness Tactical keep an Arizona-specific list of gun-hostile/gun-friendly eating establishments on their web site: CCW-friendly AZ Dining Guide: Tactical Gear, Tactical Equipment, Duty Belts, Slings, USA

You can probably generalize that the national chains (e.g., Buffalo Wild Wings) don't want legally-armed people in their establishments.
    AZ_Larz_NY likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I heard that Whole Foods had restrictions on carry in their stores, but the one my wife and I frequent has no signs indicating that. I guess I needto ask the manager next time just to address my own curiosity.

However, even if they say there ARE restrictions that makes no difference to me. I have a Georgia Weapons Carry License and I have my
    weapon on me 98% of the time.

I don't open carry anywhere (why would I?) so who's going to know. Besides I can just go across the street to Trader Joe's.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Just notices that my local Bdubs does not have a no carry sticker! AWESOME!

The only place around here,that i do business with,that has the no gun sign, is a credit union,i've been a member of since 1980.I'm not going to a bank and start all over,just because of the sign.Of all the business' here,i've seen one,with the no gun sign.It's a place i wouldn't use anyway.One mall,had the signs up,a couple of yrs ago.I never went in.One day,i went there,to pick up my niece from work,and the signs,were gone.

Business that don’t want our business. (No carry stickers at the door)

Costco sells gun safes so I don't understand y they would be antigun. The only place I don't cc is hospitals. All that can do is ask me to leave so I usu don't even look. An admittedly bad habit but its the truth.
    poetdante likes this.
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Sometimes it's hard to see/notice those stupid signs. If they never see your gun then they will never know who carries and who doesn't. I know of a local grocery store around me that has the sign but since its in a bad neighborhood I'm sure the residents their carry mostly all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    I heard that Whole Foods had restrictions on carry in their stores, but the one my wife and I frequent has no signs indicating that. I guess I needto ask the manager next time just to address my own curiosity.

However, even if they say there ARE restrictions that makes no difference to me. I have a Georgia Weapons Carry License and I have my
    weapon on me 98% of the time.

I don't open carry anywhere (why would I?) so who's going to know. Besides I can just go across the street to Trader Joe's.
    Golly, I carried in Whole Foods (I mean Whole Paycheck) in Seattle last weekend. Didn't see a sign. If I missed it, whoopsie.
    poetdante likes this.
    Primary CC - Sig P938
    USMC Veteran 87-93

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links