Business's that doesn't want our business. (No carry stickers at the door)

This is a discussion on Business's that doesn't want our business. (No carry stickers at the door) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If I have business there, I attend to it, signs or no signs....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Business's that doesn't want our business. (No carry stickers at the door)

If I have business there, I attend to it, signs or no signs.

2. Remove Ads

There is an app called Posted! - Carry List Anti-Gun Locations. It's $0.99 but it can find stores by your location, you can search and submit business to the database as well. pretty convenient to have on your phone as you typically have that with you when you're out and about.
    Thunder71 and AZ_Larz_NY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'm curious: how many boycott locations housing all federal, state, and local government entities?
    Funny that you mentioned that. I know 3 local governments that have informed employees (if not encouraged) that if they have their CPL they may carry. In my city, it is currently permissible to carry into public meetings, but they are trying to change that.

As for state and federal, I try to avoid those places if I can. Even when I renew the plates on my vehicles, I tend to go after hours or on the weekends and use the vending machine.

...you might find that "don't ask-don't tell" is a better plan...don't ask them so they don't tell you not to carry...in TX, verbal notification is binding...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    I heard that Whole Foods had restrictions on carry in their stores, but the one my wife and I frequent has no signs indicating that. I guess I needto ask the manager next time just to address my own curiosity.

However, even if they say there ARE restrictions that makes no difference to me. I have a Georgia Weapons Carry License and I have my
    weapon on me 98% of the time.

I don't open carry anywhere (why would I?) so who's going to know. Besides I can just go across the street to Trader Joe's.
    TexasTerri likes this.

The signs do not carry weight in Alabama, so I carry everywhere I can. But... if I do spot one, I don't give them my business.

Reminds me of a funny story though...

My wife sees a counselor off-and-on for her ADHD. One time I went with her and she notices that I'm carrying.

Wife: "You can't carry in here! This is a psychiatrists' office. I signed a form that says you can't bring guns in here!"

Me: "That doesn't hold weight in Alabama. The worst they can do is ask me to leave."

Wife: "I still don't think it's a good idea for you to be armed in here."

Me: "Of all the places where a crazy person will show-up armed; this is one of them. I'm staying armed..."
    CGC1944 likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee2cu View Post
    There is an app called Posted! - Carry List Anti-Gun Locations. It's $0.99 but it can find stores by your location, you can search and submit business to the database as well. pretty convenient to have on your phone as you typically have that with you when you're out and about.
    Was going to post this as well, the more people we have that use it the better.

One of the channels I'm subbed to on YouTube mentioned a site that he's starting.

http://gunsfriendly.org

Guns Friendly - A Web Tool for Concealed Carry & Open Carry Advocates - YouTube

VIP Member
    To Op

You are in Michigan.

Here is MCRGO's website.
    MCRGO - Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners

Here is their page MCRGO - Do Not Patronize while Armed

listing all the places in Michigan, as far as they know, are anti gun/posted no carry.
    Which carrys no weight, but you can choose to NOT patronize them if you so desire.

Small sample of list;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Name (click to sort) City County Type Business Address
    Value City Furniture Taylor Wayne Retail 23859 Eureka Road
    Michigan Kenworth Grand Rapids Kent Service 7393 Expressway Ct SW
    Oscoda Health Park Oscoda Iosco Health Care 5939 Huron Road
    Value City Furniture Novi Oakland Retail 43610 W Oaks Dr
    Lake Trust Credit Union Mount Pleasant Isabella CreditUnion 1011 N. Harris Street
    Wayne Westland Federal Westland Wayne CreditUnion 500 South Wayne Road
    Cellular One East Tawas Iosco Retail 200 W Bay St # 3
    Renaissance Festival Holly Oakland Fairground 12600 Dixie Highway
    Lake Trust Credit Union Okemos Ingham CreditUnion 1821 Newman Rd
    Michigan Kenworth Grand Rapids Kent Retail US 131 Exit 75
    Preferred Federal Greenville Montcalm CreditUnion 534 N. Lafayette
    Dist Health Dept #2 West Branch Ogemaw Health Care 630 Progress St
    Family Health Care Baldwin Lake Health Care 1615 Michigan Ave
    Sunrise Family Credit Union Standish Arenac CreditUnion 3887 S. Huron Rd
    Church's Chicken Detroit Wayne Restaurant 16100 Livernois Ave

This is about 1/10 or 1/12th of the whole list.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I started the goodyear one and its the one in huntington wv these signs will
    not stop someone going in to kill . I all so have a question since walmart and
    there was a sporting goods store has put a limit on ammo shouldnt all gun
    people not shop at these locations .

I was in a Wherenberg Theater about three weeks ago and thought I was ok. On the way out I saw a miniture no carry sign that wasn't posted legally by law. I just didn't see it. Now that I know what there policy is I won't go back. I wouldn't have gone in if it was posted correctly.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by makensmoke View Post
    In Ohio the No Gun Signs carry force of Law behind them and I understand that it is possible to lose your state permit over violations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Depending on where you are, it is either a misdemeanor or a felony. Obviously, felony carry is a DQ.
    That would seem to make Ohio a pretty unfriendly state towards guns and gun owners.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spovik View Post
    One of the channels I'm subbed to on YouTube mentioned a site that he's starting.

Find Gun Friendly Locations - GunFriendly.org

Guns Friendly - A Web Tool for Concealed Carry & Open Carry Advocates - YouTube
    I use Map | Friend or Foe - Pro and Anti Gun Business Map because it is more mature and doesn't require invite to use/join.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee2cu View Post
    I just got the app, looks cool. Welcome to the forum!

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I know Costco is anti gun. Many state grass roots organizations keep a list of gun unfriendly businesses. Might want to check out yours.
    I checked this out as I've been a Costco (and Sam's Club) member since the mid-1990s. I know a few management people in a couple of Costco stores and some are gun owners, so I asked one about the policy and signage. His answer was that corporate policy is indeed no guns for employees or customers (he was unaware if this is in the customer agreement) BUT they don't post stores in this area (in fact I've never seen gun-buster signs in any NH, MA, CT or FL Costcos that I've been in), his attitude is that "concealed means concealed" and that as long as a customer is behaving properly in no way would he even be concerned or raise the issue with the customer.

He thinks that you are more likely to see signage in areas where OC is more common, rather than in areas where only CCW is the norm.

Also worth noting, he tells me that Costco has a new CEO.
    NRA Instructor

If I have to do business with a shop that is posted, and there is no other alternative, I do. If I have a choice I go with the shop that is not posted. Either way I don’t make an issue of it. What and if I’m carrying is no body’s business but mine.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links