Hammer Cocked???? - Page 4

Hammer Cocked????

This is a discussion on Hammer Cocked???? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Look up Limalife on youtube. She shows all of the 1911 carry conditions. Very helpful....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Hammer Cocked????

Look up Limalife on youtube. She shows all of the 1911 carry conditions. Very helpful.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Administrator
    I actually should have stated "if ultimately" a person cannot wrap their brain around Condition 1 carry.

An initial hesitation not to carry in Condition 1 could be considered a normal thing that SHOULD go away as familiarity with the firearm is gained.
    But, there are people who continue to carry a semi "chamber empty" for years. And they would be much better served with a good revolver.

And you can argue with me or debate me any time you want to. As long as it stays civil - I am always perfectly fine with honest disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Hard to argue with the old timers so I don't. I mean that by post count only not age, Barkn, OD, QK, Duk etc. I was concerned initially as it seemed odd, and somewhat dangerous compared to other options. I carry my Colt Commander (almost) daily, in condition 1 cocked and locked. Never an issue. Did what smolck suggested and looked at the mechanics to assure myself and it is indeed designed to be done that way.

It took me a while to get comfy with it, but I did trust it 100%, just had to wrap my feeble mind around it. Would have it any other way now. It is a very natural move to sweep the safety off while drawing. Look at how many other guns have similar designs with an external safety.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Lead Moderator
    A few days of carry around the house with a empty gun convinced me cond 1 was fine for carry loaded and ready.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links