Texas CHL waiting time

Texas CHL waiting time

This is a discussion on Texas CHL waiting time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone gotten thier TX CHL recently? How long did it take? Submitted mine two weeks ago and have not seen anything on the DPS ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Texas CHL waiting time

Cool Texas CHL waiting time

Has anyone gotten thier TX CHL recently? How long did it take? Submitted mine two weeks ago and have not seen anything on the DPS sight about receiving the paperwork yet.

It took about 20 days for my status to change. After that, from the start of the background check it went fairly quickly. Mine was 44 days from my mailbox, until I had my card in hand.

Thanks, status should change soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jmactenn View Post
    Has anyone gotten thier TX CHL recently? How long did it take? Submitted mine two weeks ago and have not seen anything on the DPS sight about receiving the paperwork yet.
    I wasn't aware that you could check on your status online. What link do I go to to see if they received my paperwork?

Thanks

David

Quote Originally Posted by mlsa3 View Post
    I wasn't aware that you could check on your status online. What link do I go to to see if they received my paperwork?

Thanks

David
    Go here and click on the link that says online services. Then proceed to the returning users login.

TxDPS - Concealed Handgun Licensing

VIP Member
    FWIW, earlier today I did attempt to check status on my own renewal. Logged in and
    couldn't find it.

Went to the portion of the site where you can ask a question and we will see what happens
    in a few days.

Maybe its just me, and perhaps I didn't see something I should have, but it looked like after
    login I was back on the make an application page-- though they long ago took my money.

I'm not complaining. Stuff happens and last time around it took almost 6 months from start to
    finish. So if they beat that time by half I'll be happy. Just hope nothing got lost in the mail.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

When you log in you will definitely notice when your status has changed, it will show that your paperwork has been received and the background stuff is under review. About 20 days for mine to change as well.

VIP Member
    46 days mailbox to mailbox.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

My wife received hers today in 39 days. I sent it the sameday as mine and she had to do her finger prints twice and they didnt work.
    They had to do an extensive back goround check on her.. Mine shows manufacturing..

40 days Box to Box. Submitted just prior to Christmas

Yea, it's frustrating waiting for your status to change, but once it changes, it goes pretty quickly. They process and change status's based on date received. Therefore, they likely have your info, they're just not working on the date your paperwork was received yet.

Good luck!
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

Texas CHL waiting time

I remember when it was 90 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

VIP Member
    I mailed my CHL 100 and "bar code trace" on Jan 7 or 8. Two weeks + later, status had not changed.
    I used their contact system and got an automated reply that I would hear back in 2-5
    business days. I never did.

I sent another inquiry and complained that I had not gotten a response to my first. To this they
    responded that my status was changed, as they got my materials on FEB 6. DUH--- 1 month for mail
    to reach them, no way.

They told me that I didn't need to do anything further and that I should expect the 45 days to run
    from Feb. 6.

By not processing what they received in a timely manner my renewal will now come about 4 weeks
    after my present license expires.

I know they are swamped, but there really shouldn't have been a delay of almost a month until they
    got around to noticing that they had received the CHL 100; and then only because I asked about the status
    twice.

So-- how long? In my case it seems it will be from Jan 7 or 8 when I mailed the CHL 100 to last
    week of March, or 3 months; and that is if nothing gets botched and they don't come back and want
    new photos or new prints for some inexplicable reason. YMMV

@ Yoda who wrote, "I remember when it used to be 90 days." I think that is what I am actually looking at now.

Thank you Governor and Legislature for underfunding everything starting with our schools.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Texas CHL waiting time

The recent changes in gun interest has also impacted the CHL mechanism. But they have made great strides in streamlining their processes at the Texas offices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "waiting room" on texas CHL board is the best place to see when other people are getting their TX CHL:

TexasCHLforum.com ? View forum - The "Waiting Room"

The thread for January apps is here:

TexasCHLforum.com ? View topic - january apps

Perusing the end of the thread it looks like 5 weeks right now:

Class taken Jan 2nd... CHL Mailed on Feb 8.. received plastic today (Feb 11)

Mine changed to mailed on wed feb 13th, maybe it will come in the mail today..
    Hopyard-- My wifes expires on her birthday in July and we took the class in Dec..

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links