Do concealed "T's" work? - Page 2

Do concealed "T's" work?

This is a discussion on Do concealed "T's" work? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I tried the concealment T-shirt and IMO it was a waste of $30, but to each his own. It is now stored in the box ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do concealed "T's" work?

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I tried the concealment T-shirt and IMO it was a waste of $30, but to each his own. It is now stored in the box of well recommended holsters somewhere in my garage.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LookingUp View Post
    Here is link to what I am looking at: Leather Gun Belts, Leather Holsters and Concealed Carry Apparel | Daltech Force

I should have mentioned that I carry a Glock 33 model.
    The holster T-Shirt you are looking at in the link you provided looks like it would tend to sag under the weight of the pistol as there is nothing but the thin fabric of the T-Shirt to support the weight of the gun. Especially with the weight of a double stack .357 Sig. In which case it will start creating a noticable bulge and will also start to become more uncomfortable to wear after several hours.

Below is a rig I have used for many years. In fact I wore the first one out and am working on the second one. It fits very snug against the body and is very comfortable to wear for 18 hours or longer. It is also easily adjustable without removing the straps, or removing your cover garment.

It is made from a 5" wide band of medical grade elastic and is worn wrapped around the chest. The gun is carried under your armpit like a verticle shoulder holster. It has two shoulder straps that criss cross across your back. This supports the weight of the gun and distributes the weight evenly to your shoulders which makes it so comfortable to wear for extended periods.

It's called the CCW Ultra Concealment Shoulder Holster. Do not let one of the photos on the website showing the gun hanging out away from the body. That is not the case. It fits very snug against the body. I have used it with a Ruger LCP, Ruger SP-101, a 3" Ruger Speed Six, Glock 23, M&P Shield and Full Size M&P. It works well with just about any gun you may carry. It comes with a removeable retention strap. I never use that and never had an issue losing the gun. I even tested it by wearing it while teaching an 8 hour ground fighting class which is basically full contact grappling on the mat. But it comes with the retention strap if you want to use it.

You must understand that by it's very nature, it's a deep concealment rig, and with that, it is not as quick a draw as a conventional belt holster worn at the 3:00 position on your waist. However, with practice you can draw in about 2 - 2.5 seconds depending on what type of shirt you wear over it. I wear it frequently with loose fitting and untucked T-Shirts and untucked Polo Shirts.

There is also another holster I'm considering getting that I didn't know about when I bought the one above. It is called the TRUSS by Spec Gear which stands for (Tactical Retention Undercover Suspension System). I really like the looks of that one and has several accessory pouches to hold spare mags, tactical flashlight, OC spray, folding or fixed blade knife, handcuffs or anything else you need. Be sure and look at the videos on their website and read their "customer comments" & FAQ page. It also comes in strong side carry or cross draw carry so be sure and order the one you think will work best for you.

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links