Do concealed "T's" work?

This is a discussion on Do concealed "T's" work? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Greetings all! I am looking at conceal t shirts for EDC due to working on construction projects. A lot of ladder work and bending/crawling/lifting involved. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do concealed "T's" work?

Do concealed "T's" work?

Greetings all! I am looking at conceal t shirts for EDC due to working on construction projects. A lot of ladder work and bending/crawling/lifting involved. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by LookingUp View Post
    Greetings all! I am looking at conceal t shirts for EDC due to working on construction projects. A lot of ladder work and bending/crawling/lifting involved. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
    Do you have a link to something you're looking at?

Are you talking about a shirt with a holster built in, or a longer shirt, to cover an IWB holster? or?

Movements like you describe will make your shirt come up when you lift. Bending can show a protrusion/ bulge which is why people try to kneel instead when carrying IWB or OWB. If it were me... I would consider using a smaller pocket gun in a good pocket holster to break up the outline... This would keep it more hidden and stable during the movements and activities you describe I would guess.. I'd wait to hear other opinions that may have more experience carrying in your situation though.

BTW- Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the Forum........You might want to look at a Kangaroo Carry holster. I carry my Smith .357 model 19 2.5" and it is very stable as I move around. It offers excellent concealment and stability.
    Retired Private Detective
    S&W Model 19 2.5" .357

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Re: Do concealed "T's" work?

Welcome from Richmond, VA.....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Commonwealth of Virginia CCW
    SA XD .45 ACP 4" Service Model - Black
    Taurus Millennium Pro PT145
    Remington 798 .243 w/Leupold Scope
    Benelli M1 Tactical Special 12ga 18.5" open sight w/Muzzle Brake
    Mossberg - Maverick 88 12ga 18.5"

Here is link to what I am looking at: Leather Gun Belts, Leather Holsters and Concealed Carry Apparel | Daltech Force

I should have mentioned that I carry a Glock 33 model.

Thanks for your input. I will look into it. Can you direct me to where you obtained yours? Thanks in advance

...I wear a Hanes Pocket T 7 days a week with shirttail out...one size larger than I need...it conceals a Ruger P90 .45 and a S&W 649 Bodyguard .38 and assorted mags, speed loaders, and a combat strength LED light...I climb ladders, crawl attics, crawl under houses...all day...nary a problem...

Thanks for your response. The more information the better.

"To disarm the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them..." -George Mason[/QUOTE]

I have the 5.11 version of the holster shirt. It is NOT my first choice for carrying. It does not hide the gun as well as other carry methods and it is VERY slow to get to your gun.

I would recommend looking into appendix carry for your situation. It is less affected by bending and moving than the traditional behind the hip carry methods.
    Snub44 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "Longtail Ts" from Duluth Trading Co. Extra 3 inches in length. Work great for covering up and preventing "highrise."
    Bark'n likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I remember in your introduction post, you said you were in Richmond. I also work in one of the construction trades, and I don't know of any GC Company that allow carry on their job sites, including parking areas. Getting caught on site will get you permanently kicked off site, and probably fired by your company as well.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I can think of more negative things to say about my experience with conceal carry T shirts than I can positive things. For one they are pricey and if you are going to use it for work everyday a shoulder holster would be cheaper. Slow to draw from, a shoulder holster is faster. They bind me up, a shoulder holster is more comfortable. They are hot, a shoulder holster is cooler. The gun moves around, a shoulder holster is more sucure. I could go on, but I don't think I need to. I my opinion any thing a t shirt holster does a shoulder holster does better and is way cheaper than say 10 t shirt holsters that will wear out quicker than a shoulder holster. This is my experience, yours may be different.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I normally carry IWB. I just received a Kangaroo Holster Air Marshall 3. My initial impressions with it is it is well constructed and looked like it was going to work for what I wanted.

Upon wearing all day with a XDm 9 3.8 compact and the extended mag on the other side....

1) Not easy to get a good purchase on the pistol to pull it out. I found after removing from the holster I would then need to adjust my grip to get not only a decent hold on it, but more importantly to engage the grip safety. I did use the 2 safety pins that came with it to pin the holster to the XDm doesn't bottom out in the holster and still no dice. The retention strap also like to ride over the butt and engage the grip safety.

2) It has a tendency to want to rotate around and bring the grip of the pistol forward. This isnt a problem when I am wearing a jacket, but it would not work for concealment with just a tshirt or polo.

3) I specifically picked this model because it had the pockets on the opposite side of the holster on the side, and not in front. Just like the holster is set back far to keep the pistol concealed, so is the mag pocket.

Will this take over from IWB for me.. No. But it does offer better access to the pistol when seated, which is how I envisioned using it anyway. Although I have no personal experience with the shirts... I wonder how much support they will provide for a pistol.

Concealed carry Tees or holsters like Kangaroo carry seem like a good idea, but in actuality, they are better suited for casual walking around. Bending, climbing, jumping over stuff causes the pistol to move around, and if you get a model without a velcro retention strap, jumping up on a 3' wall will cause the pistol to jump out of the holster. I good IWB holster keeps things more secure when climbing up on things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links