Florida Need 1 Question Answered

This is a discussion on Florida Need 1 Question Answered within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You go walking around with an exposed gun and someone`s going to call in a "MWAG". Then the cops come and the fun begins. Good ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Florida Need 1 Question Answered

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    You go walking around with an exposed gun and someone`s going to call in a "MWAG". Then the cops come and the fun begins. Good Luck.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You would not, however, be exempt from OC violation at someone else's home.
    I think if you have the owners ok it would still be legal. The owner can open carry as could any guest he had on his property. Private property rules differ from public area rules.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    You go walking around with an exposed gun and someone`s going to call in a "MWAG". Then the cops come and the fun begins. Good Luck.
    There is nothing they can do if you are on your property. Who cares if someone calls LEO?
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    It is not uncommon in my area for someone to call the police on a MWAG while a person is preparing to launch his/ her boat. It has happened to me twice and both times the officer did confront me, and apologized for his need to check me out. I live in a area where many people from the north east vacation between October and April which just happens to be our good fishing months.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    Been there done that. Nothing came of it.
    OldVet likes this.
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    I think if you have the owners ok it would still be legal. The owner can open carry as could any guest he had on his property. Private property rules differ from public area rules.

There is nothing they can do if you are on your property. Who cares if someone calls LEO?
    I don't see any "exemptions" in the statute for "having permission" to OC on other's property. Got backup for that statement? If you're going to reccomend something legally questionable, have some law to support it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I don't see any "exemptions" in the statute for "having permission" to OC on other's property. Got backup for that statement? If you're going to recommend something legally questionable, have some law to support it.
    I think the support is right there in the statutes.

If the owner of the property himself can open carry then why would the law differ for someone invited onto his property? Its like working at a business. If the owner approves of open firearms carry inside his business, such as when I worked at a gun shop, all employees were able to open carry. Most any gun shop in Florida has all employees open carrying a handgun yet they do not own the property.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links