Shooter's Shop in West Allis, not really a gun right defender.

This is a discussion on Shooter's Shop in West Allis, not really a gun right defender. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Exacto Gee, I wonder what his motive is. Could it be money? Have you seen his Bentley parked out front ?? I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Shooter's Shop in West Allis, not really a gun right defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    Gee, I wonder what his motive is. Could it be money?
    Have you seen his Bentley parked out front ?? I am not kidding.

And they get $75 for transfers there.

When I was ordering my Kidd rifle they essentially told me they didn't want anything to do with transfers if you weren't buying a gun from them.

I did the transfer through Shorty's and it was a breeze.
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

I'd walk in tell him that was a great article and now that you and thousands of other pro gun owners know what his stance is when it comes to the second amendment you expect to see his name in the paper again with a Huge GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE sign,and still can't get anybody to darken his doorway
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    JMO but he's an idiot. He's trying to play both ends against the middle and in doing so, he's painting himself into a corner I hope he won't be able to get out of.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Wow, never been there... and will be sure to never go there in the future.

If you know anything about Milwaukee area Gunstores you can know this. They are few in number, and love to see their competition fail. I was there a few months ago to use the range. I've been going there ($$$$$$$) for 25 years. My friend and I were being slattered by the fragments of a small crew of AR shooters. I went upstairs to complain and was told that they were sorry. Frangible 223 is permitted. I'm sorry was supposed to be enough. We packed our gear and worked our way through about 12 younger guys and their girlfriends passing their AR's back and forth. The climate has changed. You get what you get now. This shop owner in particular has no respect for anyone that doesn't bring money through the door. I can't wait for someone to take a fragment in the eye and sue the tar out of them. It won't be me. Badger has fought the good fight through the years....Streichers has always been good to me. When it comes to money, and you have only a few dogs in the race, the competition can be, and has gotten ugly. Nothing new in Brewtown.....Sandpiper

It's not just the frangible rifle ammo, I was getting hit when the other people were only shooting handguns. They sure aren't worth $20/hr

Great experiences at Shooter's Shop

I'd just like to point out that every business has customers that love it and customers that hate it for whatever reason. I have purchased two guns from Shooter's Shop in West Allis, WI and I've had a great experience both times. The price I paid was spot on to pricing I've seen on the internet, and I've worked with sales associate Jerry on both purchases. I've found him to be knowledgeable, patient, and very good at what he does. I got a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm and a Sig Sauer p238 from Shooter's. I just recently purchased a Springfield 1911 at Fletcher's in Waukesha. I am also very happy with the service at Fletcher's. I will say that Fletcher's does have the advantage when it comes to their range, but I would shop both again. One big reason I go to shooter's shop is my relationship with the sales people, and because they take American Express. I would encourage everyone to give Shooter's shop a try before jumping to any conclusions about their service or customer experience.

Thanks.

My experiences with Shooters Shop in West Allis have been varied. I bought a couple Kimbers from them anywhere from 8-10 years ago. The sales associates were knowledgeable, took their time with me. The last time I was there was about a year ago. The place was crowded with a bunch of what I would call less than desirable types along with the more usual folks. I saw none of the prior sales people from my past experiences, nor the store owner. When I was able to finally talk to a employee, I felt rushed and was it was not exactly confidence inspiring - I was asking about an Apex kit for my M&P 40. They were off my list even before seeing this.
    NRA Life Member

Forgot to add something. My experiences at Streichers (many) have been great. They are extremely professional, willing to go out of their way to help.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't have a problem with Obama saying we have to do more extensive background checks," said Nugent, who has run the gun shop and range for the past 14 years. "Clean up the private sales. That makes sense. You should know where the guns are."
    We should know where criminals are. Sacrificing tens of millions of upstanding citizens' privacy and threatening steps along the path to tracing/registration schemes does little to find criminals or reduce crime.

It's not as though criminals are getting their weaponry over the counter. And it's not as though they'll pay much attention to some law that says they're supposed to go through a background check. The folks who are going to go through such checks are the upstanding citizens, which does nothing to impact the incidence of crime.

"Can we come to a common denominator that we can come to common sense things?" Nugent said. "But you can't, because there's always an ulterior motive."
    Perhaps we could, if anything sensible were proposed.

I know! Let's focus on CRIME and not a widely-available consumer product that ~80M+ people have. That might help. Anything else is just reacting to imagined symptoms, with the results of such reactions badly focused on and infringing upstanding citizens.

"What bothers me about the president and everybody else is they don't want to look at the root of the problems," Nugent said.
    Exactly so.

Nugent said he could live with a law banning military-style assault weapons.
    Style and looks don't kill. Intent does. That military folks around the world appreciate the utility of the .223 cartridge because of its light weight, the fact still remains it's on the low end of effectiveness and power for rifles.

Sure, people could live with it. But without an effective tool in hand, many would be far less capable of defending against crime because of it.

Yes, a few criminals opt to murder, rob and commit other heinous acts of violence upon innocents. There are many citizens who opt for a low-powered rifle for its utility, ease of use and basic effectiveness at close range. That some criminals decide to abuse and misuse a product hardly justifies erasure of a product from the marketplace. We don't do that with Fords or Chryslers. We don't do that with steak knives, rope (used for strangling by some), rocks or lamp bases (used for bludgeons by some), ...

Nugent said he and his staff have turned down plenty of people who don't look suitable to buy a gun, even after they pass the mandatory background check. He described a small woman who wanted to buy a .45-caliber revolver. That's a heavy gun, Nugent said, adding there's no way she was buying that for herself. So he wouldn't sell it to her.

"It's the person who owns the gun. I'm qualified to own a gun. I'm a law-abiding citizen. I follow the law. I'm not the guy to worry about," Nugent said.
    Nor was she.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Yeah they have gone down in quality of service over the years. I've been going there for 10 years, and they used to be great now, they are clowns. Won't be buying anything from them either,

I've stopped going there. Fletcher's in Waukesha is a much better alternative. Why support some idiot who doesn't understand what his business and customers are all about.

Don't live in WI. Just making an observation.

There are some people that get all gushy about seeing their name in the paper and talking with the mayor etc. They sometimes start thinking they are somebody special and it goes to their head. They like thinking they are part of the elite in society. Then they start thinking they know what is best for other people. ( Sound like anybody we know yet? ) They often end up being their own worst enemy and self destructing; while never understanding why others just can't see how special they are. Then the mayor quits talking to them and their name isn't in the paper anymore. After a while they usually come to realize that if they had just done a little more thinking and a little less talking, they would have been a lot better off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links