Shooter's Shop in West Allis, not really a gun right defender.

This is a discussion on Shooter's Shop in West Allis, not really a gun right defender. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Shooters Shop owner says gun debate lacks common sense "I don't have a problem with Obama saying we have to do more extensive background checks," ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Shooter's Shop in West Allis, not really a gun right defender.

Shooter's Shop in West Allis, not really a gun right defender.

Shooters Shop owner says gun debate lacks common sense

"I don't have a problem with Obama saying we have to do more extensive background checks," said Nugent, who has run the gun shop and range for the past 14 years. "Clean up the private sales. That makes sense. You should know where the guns are."
    Get rid of private sales so we can pay their $50+ transfer fees

Mayor Tom Barrett, who has strongly backed Obama's proposals, has talked with Nugent about gun issues. A spokeswoman for the mayor said Barrett believes Nugent is a responsible business owner "who is trying to do the right thing."
    When the anti-gun Milwaukee mayor says you're ok........

Nugent said he could live with a law banning military-style assault weapons.

"I would be OK with that," he said. "I'm willing to take the trade-off if it would do any good. But the problem is it doesn't do any good."
    Doesn't mind making money off them those with the extra large price tags that were on all the ones on the wall even before Newtown.

He described a small woman who wanted to buy a .45-caliber revolver. That's a heavy gun, Nugent said, adding there's no way she was buying that for herself. So he wouldn't sell it to her.
    Seems sexist to me, why can't even a smaller woman handle a .45 revolver?

I bought my S&W 4003 there and when I went back to pick it up, I was treated like I was bothering them, even though I was the only one in the store.
    They get no more of my business.

2. Remove Ads

Grade A certified PUTZ
    "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"My dog is smarter than your honor student."

GH
    I saw that in yesterday's newspaper & almost gagged, Vista. I had planned on stopping there to look at holsters for the M&P 40C that I'm waiting delivery on (Streicher's - Butler). That made me hesitant to step inside & your experience just sealed the deal. He's probably covering his butt so what happened to Badger doesn't happen to him. We certainly don't need gunshop owners hopping on the anti-gun bandwagon, do we?
    vista461 likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Wow, I did not see this, but thanks for the heads up. They will not get any business from me.
    jrclen and aus71383 like this.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

Quote Originally Posted by WICCW View Post
    Wow, I did not see this, but thanks for the heads up. They will not get any business from me.
    You ought to stop by and tell him why.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Gee, I wonder what his motive is. Could it be money?
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Not sure what the point of stopping by would be. He's made his position pretty clear. Do I want to be lied to by him if he's says he's now seen the light?

Their prices suck, their range sucks (first time I've ever been hit with stuff other than cases from others shooting) and there is another store, Fletchers, that has much nicer employees and a better range not too far away.

I looked up his shop and it get terrible reviews on Google shopping
    https://plus.google.com/115183037439...ut?gl=us&hl=en
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I've never been to that range/shop before and I'll make sure it stays that way.
    vista461 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    I saw that in yesterday's newspaper & almost gagged, Vista. I had planned on stopping there to look at holsters for the M&P 40C that I'm waiting delivery on (Streicher's - Butler). That made me hesitant to step inside & your experience just sealed the deal. He's probably covering his butt so what happened to Badger doesn't happen to him. We certainly don't need gunshop owners hopping on the anti-gun bandwagon, do we?
    I got my M&P holster from Fletcher's in Waukesha. They're way better, cheaper and definitely nicer.
    GH likes this.

Not all dealers are pro 2nd amendment. With them its all about $$$$$$$$

In the Milwaukee area you might want to check out Shorty's Shooting Sports, 2190 South 60th Street(1 block north of Lincoln Ave)
    GH likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Fateofdestinee on Youtubr, I believe actually from Milwaukee, carries 45s exclusively as far as I know. And shes pretty petite. Doesnt sound like a guy whos been in the business for 14 years

WHEW for a min before I got to the article I thought it was about Ted Nugent. If uncle Ted threw in the towel I was gonna run my head thru a wall

VIP Member
    This boob is flip-flopping more than a mackrel on the boat deck.

From article;"I don't have a problem with Obama saying we have to do more extensive background checks," said Nugent, who has run the gun shop and range for the past 14 years. "Clean up the private sales. That makes sense. You should know where the guns are."
    But Nugent is frustrated by the gun debate, and says neither side comes together to find real solutions.

"Can we come to a common denominator that we can come to common sense things?" Nugent said. "But you can't, because there's always an ulterior motive."
    The NRA, Nugent said, needs to be more proactive instead of always reacting to whatever anti-gun groups say. He says he has thrown NRA officials out of his store.
    "They need to come up with a set of actions," he said.

He's unhappy with the left and the media, too.

"What bothers me about the president and everybody else is they don't want to look at the root of the problems," Nugent said. "They want to go after the gun. What about the video games? You don't hear about the violence on TV or in the movies."

There's plenty of blame to spread around.

"The problem is, nobody wants to talk about the real problems: There's no personal responsibility and there is decay in the family."

Barrett endorsement

Mayor Tom Barrett, who has strongly backed Obama's proposals, has talked with Nugent about gun issues. A spokeswoman for the mayor said Barrett believes Nugent is a responsible business owner "who is trying to do the right thing."
    END QUOTE.

The final bold
    is the final nail in the coffin.
    Someone needs to find out where the city is procuring their firearms.
    If its Mr. Nugent, then we have our answer as to why he is a waffler.
    aus71383 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I doubt MPD gets their guns there. I would guess they get them from Streichers, since they carry M&P's and Streichers is a LE dealer for S&W.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links