What do you do with your carry at night? - Page 5

What do you do with your carry at night?

This is a discussion on What do you do with your carry at night? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; DiDo have a biometric safe next to bed but its open while I am in bed keep a Glock 17 with light on it an ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What do you do with your carry at night?

DiDo have a biometric safe next to bed but its open while I am in bed keep a Glock 17 with light on it an a bodyguard for wifey no kids so its safe plus wally our yappy little dog no one gets close to the house without him waking us

My firearms instructor said to not leave it out in the open, such as on top of the nightstand, for a bad guy to find before you can grab it. So whatever I was carrying that day goes on a shelf on my nightstand behind a small storage bag. I also keep a flashlight there.

My under garments are the best protected items in the house....

There are no kids in my house. At night it is on the night stand beside me. Actually, I have an accessable firearm in most rooms of my house @ any given time.

VIP Member
    No kids in my home, so it's on the dresser, for when I get up and dressed in the morning.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Mine's on the night stand in it's holster.

I don't have a night stand next to me so I place mine on the floor underneath with the grip out. I want to get a bedside holster to make it easier to reach.

My pistol has a place on a high shelf, next to the bedroom door. Our 4yr old G-Son often stays the night, and sleeps at the end of our bed, he can not reach it. When I get up(always first), it gets moved to another cupboard in the kitchen. All other guns are in the safe.
    SHARE THE SHOOTING SPORTS, AND HUNTING WITH YOUR KIDS.
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...29138960_o.jpg
    XDM 5.25 9mm/SA SS 1911A1 Loaded/PK380/SS SingleSix

My wife doesn't like me to keep guns in the open for some understandable personal reasons, so I respect that.

I keep my Ruger P89 in condition 2 upstairs, Glock 19 in condition 2 (although it feels like C0 because of the light trigger pull) downstairs. Both sit in Stack-On PDS-500 safes.

The Glock, being so close to the front door, also sits in a Remora holster so I can quickly say "hold on a second" when a stranger rings the doorbell. I can at that point choose to put the gun safely in my pocket, or pull it out the Remora if necessary. Because of the lack of safety, and because my wife isn't fully familiarized with the safe handling of a handgun, I feel like if she feels like she might need to use it, she can deploy it safely.

The only thing that bothers me about safes is that they add time. Thoughts, suggestions?

On the night stand right next the bed. The night sights show me exactly were it's at if I wake up during the night. I consider the family dog as an early warning system if anyone should enter the house. That's why I leave my firearm ready at hand.

No kids so mine is on my night stand and hubby's is on his.

What do you do with your carry at night?

Quote Originally Posted by gooseman1991 View Post
    Drawer in the nightstand. I usually leave it holstered and put on holster and all in the morning and if I need it, unholstering would not be a big deal.

Goose
    Same here. My daily stays in holster and goes in nightstand drawer. My HD stays in its own holster inside the bed frame within easy reach at all times. No kids so no worries about leaving out. If we have company (with kids especially) I put the ones that are in site in the safe till the coast is clear.

Shotgun under the bed. .45ACP in a fingerprint controlled safe. Two revolvers in a wall safe,,,,only as backup. Realistically won't be involved in a fight. Just there in case

VIP Member
    well.....4 nights a week one is in a holster on my right side since I'm on duty

the other nights, my off-duty G30 is in the Safariland paddle ALS holster that I carry it in, just sitting there on the nightstand next to my Streamlight and spare mags; G21 with TLR-2 is in case under the bed, shotgun mounted in closet, AR in bag under the bed, wife has G26 with spare mags in a case on her nightstand
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

i take my carry .45 acp off every night unload both mags sometimes 3 and place it in the safe. I then take out my HD weapon 9mm 12 rounds in each mag load my 2 mags place it and my bug .38spl 5 shot revolver in the night stand when I wake up do the opposite. have the 9mm for HD bec of thin walls and more rounds

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links