What do you do with your carry at night?

This is a discussion on What do you do with your carry at night? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We all need to sleep at some point. But what do we do with our gun at night? A friend locks his in his safe ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What do you do with your carry at night?

What do you do with your carry at night?

We all need to sleep at some point. But what do we do with our gun at night? A friend locks his in his safe with his wallet, another friend puts it on his night stand with his wallet, and another has a custom pop-out box on on the side of his night stand for his so his kids don't find it in the middle of the night.

What do you do with your gun at night?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Sits right next to me and I sleep with one eye open to keep an eye on it

I don't keep what i use for pp locked up..I have 2 places,close to my bed i keep one hid.My other half does as well..A man not far from me,woke up one night,and a man was standing over him with a machete.The man had his gun under his pillow and managed to shoot him.Each to their own,but,i'm scared,i may accidentally make mine go off,under my pillow.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    What ever gun I've been carrying goes in the night stand drawer in a pocket holster with my glasses and cell phone. My HD gun is in the bed side safe which can be opened in under 4 seconds in the dark by touch. I practice it.

I have several carry guns. The only one not in a safe is the one I'm packing.

I have a pocket holster for all of the carry guns that don't have a safety. When I take them out of the IWB, they go in a pocket holster. It's safer handling them going to the night stand in the dark with them in a holster. I wouldn't want to trip over a cat or shoes when my eyes aren't dark adapted and accidentally have the thing go off. With them in a pocket holster that is extremely unlikely to happen.

The pocket carry guns are already in a pocket holster. The two carry guns with a safety, the SIG P238 and the SIG C3, don't need a pocket holster. The two guns in the bedside safe, the Glock 17 and my wife's 686, are not in holsters.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    We have no kids. Mine is on my nightstand and my wife's is on hers. The dog runs the house.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Drawer in the nightstand. I usually leave it holstered and put on holster and all in the morning and if I need it, unholstering would not be a big deal.

Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

It goes on the nightstand within easy reach.

Sits right on the nightstand beside my bed.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

My EDC sits on my night stand, and I can see the Trij's looking at me. I can slip my hand over and grasp it without much movement...in the dark.
    gasmitty and anglertoo like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Mine is in the night stand drawer, in a gun safe. The safe is unlocked all the time, except when the great grandkids come over.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's in its happy place.
    NCSoxFan and Automatic like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

In a shoulder rig hanging on my bedside situated so all I have to do is reach over and get it without getting up.
    I do it that way because the 12 guage is next to it. If I have a few seconds I can sling the shoulder rig over my shoulders AND grab the 12 ga having the 45 for backup additional firepower if needed. If I dont have the time I can just grab the shotty knowing the 43 is back at my bed to retreat too if need be. Along with the 22lr

When I go to bed I remove it from the holster and put it on the night stand. When I get up I get dressed and put it back in the holster. Repeat. Boy I'm really in a rut

In a holster within arms reach of the bed, on my computer desk.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

I keep mine in a Barska Biometric safe next to my bed... Can open it with my fingerprint, and only mine.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links