should i buy the taurus Judge

This is a discussion on should i buy the taurus Judge within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; im wanting to buy a judge for my bed side gun and maybe to carry should I?...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: should i buy the taurus Judge

Question should i buy the taurus Judge

im wanting to buy a judge for my bed side gun and maybe to carry should I?

2. Remove Ads

Of course. More guns the better.

I purchased one for the night stand for my wife.
    crossfireltd likes this.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

After you buy a J frame for pocket carry! S&W 442 or 642 :)
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Sure buy what you like
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

do they come in .357 I regret that I didn't get one when I got my .38 spl

If you buy it please for the love of God don't use .410 in it for HD. .45 LC is much, much more potent. I don't like Taurus personally nor the Judge, but to each their own. You would be infinitely better served by a good .357 or even .44 revolver than a judge. JMHO.
    Jetfuelrm, bmcgilvray and Fitch like this.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I would personally spend that money on something else. When I worked at a local gun store the Taurus Judge, among other Taurus handguns, had several issues and many were returned. One Judge in particular would not even cycle the cylinder without lockup. Brand new and didn't work.

They are heavy, large and cumbersome and not even the best choice for self defense.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I wouldn't but then again I've never really understood the popularity of the Judge. I'd rather have 20 rounds of 9mm in a Glock with a Surefire mounted to it on my nightstand. Better yet, a Carbine or 12 Gauge shotgun within arms reach. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that thinks the .410 is a great defensive shotgun round and putting it in a short barreled pistol doesn't make it any more potent. Of course that is just my opinion, if it floats your boat then go for it. It's a free country...for now...
    AS90, AR15VSCoyote and Fitch like this.

thx guys im also looking for a .357 affordable not to much around the same price the judge

There is not reason you should not buy the Judge if you want it. On the other hand, if you plan to use it for self defense, I would suggest there are much better handguns for that use.
    The judge for SD is big and clumsy and really does not pack that much of a punch. It is slow to reload and empties very quickly.
    There are many better choices.
    By all means if you want one, get one. If it is for SD, ask here what others think of it for that purpose.
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by rawdawg1217 View Post
    thx guys im also looking for a .357 affordable not to much around the same price the judge
    If you find one other than a pocket rocket 357 for that price let me know

well I use 410 to coon hunt and have killed deer with the 410 slug never really thought of it as a defense gun until now rally just looking for a new gun and have been looking at the judge for some time just never really bought it just something I was looking at just haven't got the courage to buy it

id love to find a .357 cop but those things a near imposable to find one

I don't know what price the Judge would cost you but you can get a used Ruger or S&W K or N frame revolver on gunbroker.com for under $400 all day. Just be patient and keep your eye out. I got a beautiful used SS S&W 64-3 with 3" heavy barrel, those are rare. $250 out the door. Granted that's a .38 but the point is keep your eye out. Find out what to look for in a used revolver and check your local pawnshops, or armslist.com. A Judge would be good for a ranch gun if you had lots of snakes on the property, or a trail gun, but definitely not as a nightstand gun.

My advice regarding that would be a Glock 19 Gen 3 w/ TLR-1 and Trijicon night sights, OR much preferably a 12 gauge or carbine (AR-15, Kalashnikov, etc..)

And load it with good ammo! FMJ is NOT suitable for defense. Neither is birdshot. I don't care who says otherwise. Pony up for duty grade JHPs or 00 buck.

.223 55gr FMJ can actually be pretty effective but there are better loadings available.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    When using a weapon for defense, you want to stop the fight as quickly as possible. I want something better than a 410. I want something better than a Taurus too but that's just me. Don't take this harshly or wrong but always remember, "You get what you pay for".
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links