Snubbie

Snubbie

This is a discussion on Snubbie within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am new to the ccw world and im am wondering if anyone has an opinion on carrying a 5 shot snub nose revolver as ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Snubbie

Question Snubbie

I am new to the ccw world and im am wondering if anyone has an opinion on carrying a 5 shot snub nose revolver as a primary carry. Currently I am carrying it as a back up but its more comfortable to carry as a primary. I just think a 5 shot might not do the job.
    I am a great shot with it as well as all guns (not the best shot out there) but, I always qualify expert will all weapons in the military
    QKShooter likes this.

I wouldnt feel undergunned with 357. and speed loader.

All day, every day. S&W 642 with 135gr +p Speer Gold Dot short barrel rounds. Pocket carry in either a Mika or Nemesis pocket holster. Usually as a primary, sometimes as a BUG.

Cheers
    PAPADALE1, 64zebra, PatAz and 1 others like this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I am not sure which is my main or backup when I carry two, but I often only carry my S&W 442. If more firepower is desired I usually bring another gun, and ammo, but I definitely do not feel under-gunned in most situations with my J frame. Got it in my slacks right now at a wedding.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I carried a S&W Airweight 2" as an off duty gun for 14" years as an active LEO, no problem.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I have a .38 spl I use zombie max cheap hollow points but I love hornady its ether them or federal can't find any double tap I heard about them on the forum I watched some youtube videos about them and I just think they'll be good for my .45 acp don't even know if they have any for .38 spl do yall know of any better ammo?

I have pdx1 .38+p in mine, but any major manufacturer ammo would be fine.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

The load Camjr uses is the gold standard for snub nose .38s. Pun intended.

I carry an LCR loaded with hornady critical defense and 2 speed strips for summertime and if I don't feel like carrying my .45.. Number 1 rule is to have a gun and a snubbie barely registers as there.
    PatAz likes this.

I love my J frame 642. +P Gold Dots as a carry load with 2 speed strips. I received my min snap Side Guard yesterday. I am set now! I have other choices but this set up is my favorite.

snubie

I love my 360PD. I do not ever feel undergunned, but like many people, I'm sure, I sometimes feel more comfortable with a larger gun. But as of now, I carry my five-shot revolver 90% of the time. It's too light, too comfortable, and conceals too easy.

Most days I carry a 5-shot .38 Ruger LCR as my primary; but I also carry a Ruger LCP as a backup.

I keep the LCR loaded with SWCs. The LCP is loaded with FMJ-FPs.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

My Taurus M605 is one of my two primary carry guns. Sometimes I carry it and sometimes I carry the PT111 (9mm). Personally I do like the snubbie.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    USN Retired

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I am not sure which is my main or backup when I carry two, but I often only carry my S&W 442. If more firepower is desired I usually bring another gun, and ammo, but I definitely do not feel under-gunned in most situations with my J frame. Got it in my slacks right now at a wedding.
    This. I have carried the 442 for years in a variety of pocket holsters, with speed strips for reloads. If you feel you need something bigger, than carry something bigger. My other carry is a Kimber Ultra CDP II.
    In Absentia Luci Tenebrae Vincu

There is a line between good and evil, no wider than a razor's edge.
    I hold the line.
    I am the line.

S&W 642 + speed strip works for me. I am comfortable carrying and confident if need be to use. M Asoob recommends only using 5 rounds (they hold 6) in speed strip to give a better grip on reloading. I think he is correct as stress will be great. To be honest I really don't need a gun, I just like that I can carry. I am a law abiding citizen. I carry so that I will have a chance if needed. I obey no firearms signs and no carry zones. The criminals do not. If they choose to work outside of those confines we will be evenly armed. Provided my government will allow me to defend myself.
    ctr likes this.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links