Anti-gun companies and people lists

This is a discussion on Anti-gun companies and people lists within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On handgunforum.net we are discusing anti-gun companies. I did a little research and found the following I thought I would pass on. I found an ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti-gun companies and people lists

Anti-gun companies and people lists

On handgunforum.net we are discusing anti-gun companies. I did a little research and found the following I thought I would pass on.

I found an excellent link in regards to antigun companies and people. It seems that it is a homosexual group. Personally, though I am not for the homosexual lifestyle, I think itís great that they have an organization like this. I just assumed, from the gays I know, that most were antigun. Itís nice to know we have pro-gun people in the gay community.

http://www.pinkpistols.org/antigun.html

Here are some more links.

http://www.scopeny.org/antigun.html
    http://nraila.org/Issues/factsheets/read.aspx?ID=14
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/814414/posts
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

2. Remove Ads

*barf*

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I do know some gay people - all of them love to get range time in. One them told me that he views it much the same way as his freedom to his lifestyle. It would be difficult for me to properly explain what he said because I can't remember all of it, but yeah... anyhow... Good find, regardless of where it came from.

Edit - I see Starbucks is on the list. Some of you guys know I worked there as a shift manager for 4 years. There are a few lines in the handbook about not bringing weapons into the workplace and the "Don't be a hero" stuff. I don't ever recall anyone in upper or lower management ever saying anything about an employee carrying a knife or concealed weapon, though. It is most likely a policy of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" (irony? lol). On the contrary, though, most employees carry a heavy-duty knife (I had a Gerber) for cutting into the large 5lbs bags of coffee.
    Last edited by SixBravo; October 25th, 2006 at 12:30 PM.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Quote Originally Posted by 40S&WMAN View Post
    *barf*
    You got a problem with lists of antigun companies?

I love that the BATFE is on the list!

I liked their "POLITICALLY CORRECTED Glossary of Terms" ...I wouldn't use all of the comebacks in the list, but it's a good read just the same:

http://www.pinkpistols.org/terms.html

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I'm not at all surprised to see gay people embracing guns. It takes no imagination at all to see how being armed might make gay bashing just a little less common. If that Shephard guy out in Wyoming had been armed, he might be alive today- and two thugs might not be living at taxpayer expense for the rest of their lives.

I look at gays with guns kind of the way I look at the JPFO- I can't believe there is a Jewish person alive who isn't rabidly pro 2A, given the history of discrimination and persecution against them. A lot fewer Jewish folks would have died in those gas chambers if they had ALL BEEN ARMED. Same thing goes with gay people.

Anti-Gun Individuals & Celebrities

I browsed the list of Anti-Gun Individuals & Celebrities. A lot I was surprised at. What I find very hypocritical is that a good many of the male actors and directors (Richard Donnor for one) Have made so many "action" or war movies!

I know that they would say they are just playing a role or whatever. But practice what you preach! If you are anti-gun don't star in a move that has you using one to fight the bad guys! But that would cut into their profit...

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I know that they would say they are just playing a role or whatever. But practice what you preach! If you are anti-gun don't star in a move that has you using one to fight the bad guys! But that would cut into their profit...
    Hypocrites in Hollywood? Go on!!

Yeah I know it is like being suprised that the sun rises in the East :)

is it just me or the 'details' links on the pink pistols site don't show anything? they basically just list companies... i'd like to know more detail on why they're anti-gun or specific policies, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mzmtg View Post
    You got a problem with lists of antigun companies?

I love that the BATFE is on the list!
    no, i have a problem with the "pinkpistols" stuff
    Last edited by Betty; October 26th, 2006 at 09:51 AM. Reason: derogatory term used

I was pretty shocked to see Fran Drescher's name on the list of anti-gun 'celebs'. Just two days ago I was reading about the horrific armed home invasion/rape that happened to her when she was in her late twenties. While reading I was wondering what her stance would now be on gun control. Incredible considering that a firearm could've prevented what happened to her.

Assistant Administrator
    Let's try and keep sexual proclivities out of this if possible - it is contentious and not something for debate on CC altho I can see the connection in the spirit of the thread main subject.

There are around some very large lists of pro and anti companies, actors etc. I have always found anti type actors who take gun totin roles to be totally hypocritical - if they hate guns then don't take parts that exploit them.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Anyone that is pro-gun is cool in my book.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by 40S&WMAN View Post
    no, i have a problem with the queer "pinkpistols" stuff
    Lay off the name-calling. As a fellow .40 cal'er I do respect your opinion, although you should keep it to yourself in this circumstance. I myself, am not pro-gay.. Im not anti-gay. I dont agree with the gay lifestyle, but i do RESPECT their decisions in life. To boot, the 'pink pistols' website was created (if im not mistaken) by a CURRENT combat carry member that goes by the handle of AL LOWE. He has the gay man from southpark as his icon, and is obviously gay himself.

HOWEVER, he is pro-gun, a 2A activist, or as his site states the PC version is .. he is "Pro Rights". This man, gay or not, is on OUR side of this battle. We should respect his life decisions regardless if you agree with his lifestyle or not, we are not here to judge lifestyles whether we support it or not, BUT, we ARE ALL Pro rights, Pro 2A, pro guns here. Lets keep that frame of mind.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links