NH Permit

NH Permit

This is a discussion on NH Permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know everyone knows it's fast, but I just got my first non-res NH permit and it was even faster (by one day I think) ...

Thread: NH Permit

NH Permit

I know everyone knows it's fast, but I just got my first non-res NH permit and it was even faster (by one day I think) than the perit I got when I was a resident of NH. Put it in the mail last Wednesday and got it today (Wed.). 7 day turnaround...two of those days were weekend days and at least two of those days were transit time so I'm happy.
    Now if only NY were as fast.

HERE is an interesting thing to note though. When I was applying for my non-res NH permit I called and asked them about the wording on the back of the application.
    A non-resident pistol permit will not be issued unless you supply:
    1) A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry permit issued by the state, county, or town in which you reside, or a valid concealed permit issued by any other state.
    So I mentioned that I just moved from NH and asked if I coud just send a copy of my NH resident permit since I haven't gotten my NY permit yet. They said no ...so they will accept ANY state's permit except their own.....very weird.
    ...so I sent them my permit from ME and all was well, but I just found that truly strange.

The only thing that I can guess is that they are considering my NH permit to be no longer valid once I moved out of the state so they can't accept it...still strange in my opinion though!

It appears that a non resident of NH can not be a resident of the state at the same time. Makes sense to me.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

NH every week collects all apps. and saves them till Friday to do background checks. They make the permits on Saturday and mail them Monday.

You went from NH to NY God I am sorry for you and I live in NY.

You better hope you are in a county where they give you an unrestricted permit and didn't bring ANY handguns or "NY Assault Weapons" across the state line with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    You went from NH to NY God I am sorry for you and I live in NY.

You better hope you are in a county where they give you an unrestricted permit and didn't bring ANY handguns or "NY Assault Weapons" across the state line with you.
    yeah, it's a temporary move, my wife and I already have a countdown to when we will be back in ME or NH. I had to leave my handguns with family back home and as a result of moving here I've purchased that nice AR that I've always wanted (pre-ban) along with a bunch of high cap mags and a beta...just to offset the state that I'm in
    Only 2 years 9 months to go. I'll never take my 2nd amendment rights for granted ever again....not that I really did before, but I certainly won't now! I am lucky in the one respect that I moved to a county that issues unrestricted permits so that part is at least somewhat good...even if I still have to waita while before I get it...

It's certainly an eye opener to go from carrying every single day to not even having a handgun in the house.

Those also need to be pre-ban mags that you purchased for the AR. The rifle being pre ban is good but if the mags are not it is just as illegal.

I hate this state.

Those also need to be pre-ban mags that you purchased for the AR. The rifle being pre ban is good but if the mags are not it is just as illegal.
    yes of course! I don't want no stinkin' felony! ...all pre-ban

I hate this state.
    ...uhhh, yep me too

Sponsored Links