Ccl rejection

This is a discussion on Ccl rejection within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was a runner for a law firm in my youth. You can pick those up in person at the local court house or pay ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ccl rejection

I was a runner for a law firm in my youth. You can pick those up in person at the local court house or pay an attorney to send a runner
    If there are no felony convictions you should be OK.

You'll want those papers if you travel abroad. foreign customs may never ask for them, but if a CCW check triggered them they are in the system. Better to be safe than sorry.

2. Remove Ads

At first I was really disappointed but now that I have had a couple days for it to soak in, it is what it is. I'll do my best to put together what they want and deal with what they decide. Life's too short to sweat about every disappointment. After all I did screw up. Thanks for the advice

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    You had an attorney back then didn't you? Contact the attorney if they are still around and have them take care of it for you. If not where did the offenses occur? I'm sure the courts in that jurisdiction will be able to help. If these are not possible or doable then contact an attorney to do it for you.

Laws vary obviously from state to state. Here, you would have 2 problems:

1. The felony conviction, particularly if you were found guilty as an adult.
    2. Failure to disclose the DUI, which in and of itself automatically voids your application, even if # 1 was a juvenile case. Gotta tell the "whole truth" on these apps. They are going to find out regardless.

In this jurisdiction, not much any lawyer could do for you. You may want to consult a lawyer familiar with your local laws.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

GH
    I run into the same type of problem with young men & women who want to enlist in the Army. They fail to list any legal problems with their Recruiter & are disqualified from joining. I's sometime the omission that DQs them & not the actual offense.

Good luck. Get legal advice & plenty of documentation & try again.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I contacted the court house today and ask for the records. They said the records were on the third floor and they would get back to me. The lawyer whoever it was may be dead. The letter from the state said that my application was incomplete and I have 90 days to complete the application. So it sounds like it all depends on the felony charge. When I get the court records I can see exactly how bad it is. also if I decide to hire a lawyer at least I have done some of the leg work. I really don't think the dwi is that big of a deal. I can get that certified info myself. Yes I should have laid it all out but I didn't. I have passed background checks on jobs,gun purchases, voting, and other so I thought I was safe. But as I said they only want the completion before they can determine eligibility. So if for some lucky way I could get this charge dropped I would be ok. Now it is wait and see.

Oh you ask where. The offense happened in a little town in Missouri(1900 people). When she said it was on the third floor, I think it is on paper. Who knows how it reads. Like I said I remember only serving a small portion of probation before they dropped it. How in the world did the state find this when the court house is having a hard time?

I now have a lawyer working on this. Problem is in Mo they only recently allow expungement of a felony(class d only). So far the courthouse hasn't been able to locate the actual document so no one knows the actual conviction. The gov doesn't do pardons from my research. My question is can I legal carry concealed in my car? From what I have read after 5 years you can. Also Gov Rick Perry passed a law saying you can. Since my charge was in 1971 and I was a juvenile also. It seems I should be ok especially since my records have been checked twice in order to purchase guns. It seems Rick Perry has made it easy to carry in home and vehicle. Appreciate your advice, thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links