what should i get

what should i get

This is a discussion on what should i get within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; xd 40 or 9mm, glock 30,29, LCR 357 and im opened to suggestions about other fire arms preferred 40 or bigger holding 9 or more ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: what should i get

Question what should i get

xd 40 or 9mm, glock 30,29, LCR 357 and im opened to suggestions about other fire arms preferred 40 or bigger holding 9 or more rounds im looking for a new cc weapon I am currently carrying a Taurus pt145

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Glock 23 buy a 9mm barrel frow wolf get two guns in one
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

New Member Array ticklemejoviemo's Avatar

Re: what should i get

... and you can buy a .357 sig barrel and have 3 in one, or the advantage arms .22 conversion kit and have 4 in 1

Sent from my Apple I

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I've said it before and will say again, my S&W MP 9c is a great EDC, cycles beautifully every time, accurate, easy to carry, and reliable. But I'm hearing a lot of positives about the M&P Shield so would consider that too. Bottom line...I'm a huge S&W fan. Although, if I had to do it again, I'd probably opt for the S&W .40, just for the stopping power.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by rawdawg1217 View Post
    xd 40 or 9mm, glock 30,29, LCR 357 and im opened to suggestions about other fire arms preferred 40 or bigger holding 9 or more rounds im looking for a new cc weapon I am currently carrying a Taurus pt145
    I would suggest you consider and try a Bersa BP9cc, but it only holds eight rounds in the mag.

Quote Originally Posted by jblives2ride View Post
    Glock 23 buy a 9mm barrel frow wolf get two guns in one
    I want to do this one day, but I'm blowing all my money trying to rebuild my collection of handguns from a different brand.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

what should i get

Carry enough gun

XD 40 in sub compact in my cross bread IWB holster is comfortable enough to drive 8 hours, The sub magazine only holds 9+1 but the larger magazine fit and you can even get the sleeve so it doesn't look funny.

It is all personal preferences. There isn't a feature that a gun has that I can not learn to live with, or without. When I was in the Navy, (back closer to the days of wooden ships and iron men), I carried a 1911 .45 on watch. That is not my choice today, but one does learn to use what one has.
    There are several trigger styles, (sa,sa/da,dao,etc). There are exposed hammers and striker fired guns, revolvers and pistols, single stack and double stack, high capacity, and high concealable types. A number of different calibers each with their loyal followers.
    What I did was I rented the guns that had my interest and bought the one that I shot the best. Maybe it was because the sights worked well for me, or maybe it was the grip angle, or a dozen other things, but after a while analyzing becomes useless and what just works for you, just works for you.

Whatever you choose, don't let others tell you that you made a bad choice. A lot of us wish to justify our choices by insisting that they should be your choice as well.

look into the m&p45 :)
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy...

M&P 45c, S&W 642, Browning BPS

VIP Member
    You only live once, get them all!

Seriously, I'd pick out 1 caliber and stick with it. If .40 is what you want, take a look at the CZ75 P-06, in 9mm the CZ75 P-01.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

GH
    There are many fine handguns out there but my choice would be (& was) Glock 23 or M&P 40C or their 9MM counterparts (G19,M&P 9C) Both are tried & true.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

You really need to handle/shoot a variety before you find the one you like best. Lot's of choices (until the gun grabbers get their way). GLOCK's are easy to get used to, as there aren't any de-cocker levers or safeties to manipulate. But there are so many others to choose from.

Lots of indoor ranges will rent guns to you so you can experiment, to find your way. Take your time on the front end, so you'll be happy with your choice(s).

Be safe.
    rawdawg1217 likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Yeah that's what's making it hard to chose I've already have 3 cailibers and trying to stick with . My .45 just don't come a s small as some 40s my wife has a 9mm don't really care for them though and I've. Got a .38 as a bug I'd like something bigger like a 357 which holds both 357 and 38 I like Taurus people talk bad about them all the time but I've had min 3 years not one problem

i may have found what im after a glock 26 gen 4 pretty small only flaw is it 9mm but its just what im after

Hes carrying a pt145 now and wants at least a 40. I suggest the m&p40c. I have the 9c and its light weight concealable and holds a decent amount of ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links