Ask Mayor Bloomberg

This is a discussion on Ask Mayor Bloomberg within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by oneshot Officer Stockton NYPD Would have gotten a face full of pepper spray. The ignorant cop was out of NYC, and had ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Ask Mayor Bloomberg

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Officer Stockton NYPD

Would have gotten a face full of pepper spray.
    The ignorant cop was out of NYC, and had NO AUTHORITY IN DC to stop, interogate and ask for ID, or a birthdate.
    What a bunch of pansies.
    Bloomberg is a poor excuse for a human being.
    pepper sprayed for what, based on that video? Yes, Stockton had no Authority to stop, but Mattera also could have walked away. Pepper spraying based on questions?Outside my jurisdiction, I can ask anyone anything, without repercussions for them.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I personally would have ignored Officer Stockton and his questions. Would be interesting to have the answer to 2 questions. 1. Was he armed, and 2. Does he have LEOSA credentials. Without the LEOSA credentials, I believe he was in violation of the law if he was armed.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    pepper sprayed for what, based on that video? Yes, Stockton had no Authority to stop, but Mattera also could have walked away. Pepper spraying based on questions?Outside my jurisdiction, I can ask anyone anything, without repercussions for them.

^^^Not in the capacity^^^^^

With which the officer was represented.
    He was there as a body guard, not as an interogator. The reporter didn't pose a threat at all.
    If it was some fluff writer from some liberal bottom of the birdcage rag, he would have been embraced with open arms.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^Not in the capacity^^^^^

With which the officer was represented.
    He was there as a body guard, not as an interogator. The reporter didn't pose a threat at all.
    If it was some fluff writer from some liberal bottom of the birdcage rag, he would have been embraced with open arms.
    he identified himself as NYPD in DC, representing how? Archer, LEOSA wouldn't apply to the actions from officer Stockton as presented.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Some of the comments on that article are golden, ie: "
    80 years ago it was the "Brown Shirts"......now I guess it's the Gray Suits.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by DSRTEAGLE357 View Post
    this putz wants to run for president.
    Scarier still: many want him to do it. After all, he can run (be prime investor in) a news feed, manage a bank account, protect his 1st Amendment rights with vim and vigor, sucker punch the 2nd Amendment with the best of them. "Bloomers" for Prez!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links