It's not easy to always carry - Page 2

It's not easy to always carry

This is a discussion on It's not easy to always carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jbum Concealed is concealed just sayin. Yep, that's pretty much it. If you are outed, you just leave, no harm no foul....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: It's not easy to always carry

Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    Concealed is concealed just sayin.
    Yep, that's pretty much it. If you are outed, you just leave, no harm no foul.
    Primary CC - Sig P938
    USMC Veteran 87-93

Welcome to the Forum!

It's a bit easier here in MI, but the question does come up. Like others, I choose to steer clear of those places where I cannot carry legally. My advice would be to join as many of your state-based firearms organizations as you can; get involved and try to be a force for change--change YOU can believe in. It doesn't always work, as we saw here in MI with a Republican governor who choose to let his emotions get the better of him (that story isn't over by the way, we just went back to the war room to plan our next move), but it absolutely does make a difference!

Good luck!

Here in AZ "no gun" signs have force of law. But unless the sign is very prominent I think most people ignore them. Oftentimes it's hard to notice them, and if for some reason someone says something you just say sorry you didn't see the sign and leave.

Our local hospital it's a bit hard to miss. My Mother was there for a week awhile back, and they have a HUGE sign with 6 inch letters right on the doors!

Fortunately there was a side entrance with no sign.

Quote Originally Posted by RonM0710 View Post
    I think we need to work on getting the carry laws here in TN changed to eliminate the "Gun Free Zones". A good way to do that is to require any place that wants to post those signs must have armed security to protect individuals inside.

I just uploaded a $0.99 phone app called "Posted" that is community based. When you find a business that is posted, you upload it into the database. Once it has been around a while, it will make our lives easier and maybe brake the bank of the anti businesses.
    The Second Amendment is not the whole Constitution.The right to bear arms was not even considered in the original Constitution, it is an amendment. If the Founding Fathers had one over-riding concern about rights, it was the right of property. For a state to pass laws telling a property owner what he can do with his property is a direct violation of everything the Originators of the Constitution believed in. I am a strong believer in the Constitution and believe that all of the rights should be upheld, not just one or two. We are getting in the habit of using the Constitution like we use the Bible, we pick only those verses that agree with our point of view. You have to take the work as a whole, not parts.

State owned property should be open to all, including those who carry (which includes me) but private property should not be regulated by the state. If you don't like the property owners policies, then stay off his property. He is already subject to lawsuit, so no need for additional laws there either.

Defending our rights by allowing the state to take away others' rights is the "slippery slope" to losing all rights.
    Sarge65 likes this.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

I got gas at a station just south of Nashvegas and they had a no guns sign on their door. I didn't notice it and went in anyways and the owner noticed my Alabama gun license and asked me if I was armed, I replied "of course" he replied "good for you, we put the No guns sign up but I'd rather you have the means to protect yourself young man" I paid for my gas and headed out the door.
    Regoria75 likes this.

VIP Member
    When we went to a gas station in east TN, not only was it not posted, but there was an AR in the window of the clerk's office, right up front for all to see.

I tend to frequent the same places and do some beforehand research on policies for any major places I haven't been to. Non-posted businesses get my business.

I believe the signage has to be extremely specific with the quoted statute on it in order for it to be legally enforceable. If it isn't, then I believe all they can do is boot you off the premises, and maybe make you miserable with the cops for an hour. But that's up to you.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I would bet most of the signs you see do not meet the state requirements for signage.....

When I lived in TN that was the case....

Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    Concealed is concealed just sayin.
    This. its your comfort level.
    In Absentia Luci Tenebrae Vincu

There is a line between good and evil, no wider than a razor's edge.
    I hold the line.
    I am the line.

It's not easy to always carry

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    Defending our rights by allowing the state to take away others' rights is the "slippery slope" to losing all rights.
    I think you are looking at this wrong. I don't know of any state that prevents a private property owner from banning guns on their premises. What I have a problem with is states that make it a crime to carry onto a posted property.

Luckily my state does not do that so I just take my buisness elsewhere when a store posts a "no guns" sign but at least I don't have to worry if I miss a sign that I might be arrested and loose my 2A rights.
    Mike

“Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense.”
    John Adams (Americas 2nd US President)

Florida...it's not just for snowbirds coming down from NY and NJ in the winter.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

There are many states where gunbuster signs don't carry the weight of law, and are generally just more gun friendly. I'm guessing there will be some people migrating to one of these states sometime in the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links