New Game For CC'er - Page 2

New Game For CC'er

This is a discussion on New Game For CC'er within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SCXDm9 Agreed, but if the manager tells his manager: a guy walked out of here with 10K because of our policy and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: New Game For CC'er

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    Agreed, but if the manager tells his manager: a guy walked out of here with 10K because of our policy and if it is heard from a few other managers, maybe something will change, maybe not.

You just have to know they prob view gun owners as fat, unshaven camo wearing red nednecks that are not their customers anyway. I would think they think the gun busters sign is what they think their lilly white customers want.
    Jared is just another jewlrey store and they most likely see all walks of life that come in. I think it is good to protest the sign if you want...but I do not think your way is a very classy way of doing it.

You are making assumptions about them and how they perceive gunowners. I agree with others....send a copy of the reciept to the management. By going in and flashing money in their face will reinforce any negative thoughts they have about gunowners (if they have any).
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    If I do spend any money in an anti second I always use over stamped currency.

2A_Support.jpg
    SmokinFool likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    If I do spend any money in an anti second I always use over stamped currency.

2A_Support.jpg
    I like that!

Yes, at this point in time we need to present that persona that people have been looking up to for a long time: poised, polite, understanding even compassionate but firm and unwavering from principle. A stern and reserved demeanor is ok, but it should be respectful, like our very best examples of LEOs or military folk. When we project this image, I think we make it easier for people to trust us and that will make them a lot friendlier to the cause of freedom. When people are afraid (or even just offended or annoyed), that's when they look to someone else (The State or Big Brother) to protect them.

In other words, we need to look like the grown-ups in all this.

Doesn't mean a thing to Signet Jewelers! At "most"...3% of the adult buying public is licensed to carry. Of that 3%, what percentage are planing a trip to Jared's tomorrow, next week, next month or even the balance of this year for a major purchase or for that matter any purchase over $50.00? What .5%...and I doubt that many.

However, 2% of the adult buying public "can" stop a candidate from being elected or re-elected. And your legislators are well aware of this fact!

For the record I avoid posted establishments of any sort if at all possible and I applaud everyone's efforts to the same end and encourage all supporters of the Constitution, armed or not, to do the same! However, I do no not spend one minute of my time, one breath of my effort nor one penny of my hard earned money trying to convince them they are in the wrong. It is all about the money and even if 3% of the adult buying public boycotted every jewelery store in the country none of them will close over "that" loss. "What has been confirmed is that 97% of the adult buying public are in agreement with our no firearms policy..."This is how corporate America thinks after being spoon fed by Uncle Sam, their own lawyers, a rabid "hate all things conservative" media as well as an apathetic public that has little understanding of the US Constitution and that it must work as a whole and complete document...even more...it must work as a whole and complete way of thinking and living.

"I" believe the only answer to the signs is legislative. Make your legislators regret you live in their district, make their hands weary when they pick up your letters, make their staff draw straws to see who's turn it is to take your phone calls that day, make them add a server just to handle your e-mails... By constant, clear, concise, reasonable and "politically polite" correspondence.

Get the law changed so signs do not have the "weight" of law. The state should have preemption so a little demigod in West Over the Rainbow Township can't legally carve out 6 city blocks posted no firearms because he or she thinks it's barbaric for private citizens to be armed regardless the state's constitution.
    3% of the adult buying/voting public can accomplish this.Get the laws in place and "carry on". Then it doesn't really matter what signs Jared's puts up...Always carry and never tell...I am quite sure they will take your money. You, in return, will have the clear conscience of being law abiding and an able bodied chance of dealing with the gravest extreme!

Join and monetarily support every Politically active firearms organization you can within your practical budgetary means. Don't care for one or the other fine but there are several to choose from and they all have lobbying efforts in place including many strong state organizations.

If, you are truly over the signs, "I" believe this to be the only recourse that will "remove them so to speak" with any meaningful resolution.
    So, if you want to "flash the cash"..."stash the cash" in your state's firearms association's war chest!

That's my .10 cents thanks for reading along.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

PM
    As a person who works as a sale clerk; not in a Jareds; I will tell you that an email or snail mail that shows the lose to the store to the corp headquarters will do a lot.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Well I did make my trip to Jared's and I did flash my cash and the lady/ manager that waited on me REALLY wanted it! When I told her I would not spend it there because of their no guns policy she tried to explain the policy was for the safety of their customers. I ask her how my presents made her customers unsafe, she talked in circles and did not answer. I ask her if the 60+ year old lady in the security uniform was their to make me feel safe, she smirked with a knowing smile. I ask her who she would be standing next to should bad guys walked in? She gave me another knowing smile untill I said but because of your sign I'm unarmed.

I have emailed Jared's and have got a basic "For the safety of our customers" answer.

It would be great if a tech savy person could create a web site that listed places CWP holders were not welcome?????????????????????

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post

It would be great if a tech savy person could create a web site that listed places CWP holders were not welcome?????????????????????
    Friend or Foe - Pro and Anti Gun Business Database
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Thanks for posting, book marked now.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links