New Game For CC'er

This is a discussion on New Game For CC'er within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Its called "Cash Flash"... you play at any store with a gun busters sign. I took my daughter to Jared's a few weeks ago to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: New Game For CC'er

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

New Game For CC'er

Its called "Cash Flash"... you play at any store with a gun busters sign.

I took my daughter to Jared's a few weeks ago to have a ring repaired. Once inside I noticed a gun busters sign.

Tomorrow I'm going back with a large amount of cash. I'm going ask the sales clerk if she works on commission, she is sure to say yes. I'm going to show her how much I have to spend... at a store that welcomes me, my money and my gun.

I'll post a follow up tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Poseidon and msgt/ret like this.
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to hand gun as blue tooth's are to cell phone!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    At least ask for the manager... Sales people don't set store policy, so while they may be more affected by the loss of commission, they can't do anything about the sign on the door.
    msgt/ret, mano3, joker1 and 1 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Still, I'll be interested in what happens. Keep us posted.
    Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

Its not the sales clerks fault and they probably have no clue. I'd ask to speak to a manager and see what they say...your gonna get the corporate spin for sure. I look forward to your follow up. I once asked a grocery store manager what their policy was after reading that some from this large chain in another state had signs posted. He said its state by state and in SC, if you have a permit, both you and your money are welcomed in his store. I sent a e-mail to their corporate offices and got the same info.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

New Game For CC'er

Taking your money elsewhere is a good idea. Being a jerk is a bad idea.

Perhaps not flash the cash, but tell the manager why you are going elsewhere, and that he and his store will be out of a whole lot of money.
    ccw9mm likes this.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Dunno that I would call it being a jerk. Misplaced emphasis, probably: I agree that it's not the poor salesperson's fault.

HOWEVER, you're on the right track - I would buy the jewelry elsewhere, take a nice photo of it with the receipt, and mail it to the Corporate Headquarters with a list of all of the members here (all 69,130). Tell 'em you've asked these, your friends, to shop elsewhere as well, since they're apparently not welcome at these stores.
    carracer, Nmuskier, Honk and 1 others like this.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    Its called "Cash Flash"... you play at any store with a gun busters sign.

I took my daughter to Jared's a few weeks ago to have a ring repaired. Once inside I noticed a gun busters sign.

Tomorrow I'm going back with a large amount of cash. I'm going ask the sales clerk if she works on commission, she is sure to say yes. I'm going to show her how much I have to spend... at a store that welcomes me, my money and my gun.

I'll post a follow up tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    I guess this can be called political activism. But I don't get the point. Companies that post these signs have already decided they don't want our business. Said another way they don't care that you go somewhere else with your cash. If I did something like you're proposing to my daughters, they'd be embarrassed to tears then be really pissed.

My number one rule of concealed carry, never tell anyone.

VIP Member
    Even the manager has no control over the policy. It is a Jared corporate policy.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Paymeisters comment sums it up. Take the receipt back email it to corporate. State your stance,there are others with the same feelings
    carracer likes this.

New Game For CC'er

passengers comment all the time about how they "hate these small regional jets" as they're boarding. like I have a choice or have some influence about what planes service certain city-pairs. tell my bosses and wait for the heavy jet that's certain to land here in Kalamazoo any second. if you have a choice, let those who make the decisions know and then vote with your feet and money. if not, embrace the suck.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Even the manager has no control over the policy. It is a Jared corporate policy.
    Agreed, but if the manager tells his manager: a guy walked out of here with 10K because of our policy and if it is heard from a few other managers, maybe something will change, maybe not.

You just have to know they prob view gun owners as fat, unshaven camo wearing red nednecks that are not their customers anyway. I would think they think the gun busters sign is what they think their lilly white customers want.

You have to go up a few levels to get to the root of policy-making. Jared and several others are owned by this conglomerate: Home | Signet Jewelers - Corporate Website

Here's a tipoff: it's a UK-based company.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    You have to go up a few levels to get to the root of policy-making. Jared and several others are owned by this conglomerate: Home | Signet Jewelers - Corporate Website

Here's a tipoff: it's a UK-based company.
    I'll wager a few bucks that our pin head friend on CNN has a relative or two working there.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I think HandgunLaw.com has free cards you can print out to give to gun free businesses explaining why that policy is a bad idea.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links