Now I wait.

This is a discussion on Now I wait. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I passed the MO CCW course Sunday. Applied for my permit to carry yesterday as well as got my finger printing done and wrote ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Now I wait.

Now I wait.

So I passed the MO CCW course Sunday. Applied for my permit to carry yesterday as well as got my finger printing done and wrote that fancy $100 dollar check to the county. Now I have to wait 2-4 weeks for it to get processed. I have a feeling its going to be a long wait for the phone call that it is ready.

I am sure this is already on here but out of curiosity how long after you applied did you have to wait to get your permit approved? and if you dont mind me asking what did it cost?

2. Remove Ads

Gwinnett County, GA (suburb of Atlanta)

Apparently ours has actually gone down. My renewal was $80, and I just looked at the website and it now appears to be $77.25. Yippee! Mine is not due again for another 4 years, so I imagine it will go back up again by then.

Last fall the wait was about 2 weeks, but people say the probate court is now saying it may take as long as 90 days.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

GH
    It took me 8 days to get my CCL last year, it cost $50 & is good for 5 years. I'm in Wisconsin. Our concealed carry law first came into effect in November 2011 & I waited until the initial rush was over. A CCW class wasn't necessary because I'm a veteran. I understand that the waiting time in WI is now about 21 days due to the amount of people that want to get licenses.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I don't honestly remember what it cost me, but I think it was around $75. The process took ten days, start to finish.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Now I wait.

All broken hearted,...

Oops, wrong forum.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    The wait is hard. I waited almost 90 days to get mine in the mail, and now it is my wife's turn. She just completed her course.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Waiting is a great time to be studying too. CC law is a beast unto itself, and the responsibility will all be on you.
    SmokinFool likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Waiting is a great time to be studying too. CC law is a beast unto itself, and the responsibility will all be on you.
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Sorry, duplicate post.

VIP Member
    Congrats on passing the course. Hopefully you won't have a long wait.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I am in Jeferson County in MO and it took me 2 weeks to the day after I dropped the paper work off at the sheriff. This was back in Dec. Good luck and congrats!

Waiting is way superior to not being aware that you need to have it--you are leaving the world of sheep and you are now more responsible for your own personal safety.

The only thing separating you from your permit is the ticking of the clock--and every tick brings that closer. I know it is hard but please have patience; your wait will be rewarded.

Thanks guys, like WHEC724 said i have time to learn. Also, gives me time decide on a carry holster and method before I take it into the real world. For learning CCW laws where is the best place to research?

Wow, that is expensive! I went to the sheriffs office, filled out the form, waited 2 weeks and paid $10 for my permit. I renew it annually by simply mailing in a check for $10. I love my state.

Quote Originally Posted by teach View Post
    For learning CCW laws where is the best place to research?
    Do what I did, print off your state laws and read them over and over and over. If you have a question, call state attorney general.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

When my wife and I got our CHL in 08 we had to pay $55 each and wait about 20 minutes to get our permits. We could have went to the Sheriff office downtown by us but it was a 3 week wait. So my wife and I went to another county to get our permits.

Now this year we have to renew so we have to send in a passport sized current photo along with the application and $$$ to get our new CHL's. This was the info from where we took our class. The good news about us mailing our applications in is we can apply 90 days before our CHL's expire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links