Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers

This is a discussion on Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association - RationalWiki Pretty cool. I had never heard of this group until the local news picked up that our ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grantspastor

Thread: Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers

Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association - RationalWiki

Pretty cool. I had never heard of this group until the local news picked up that our Sheriff is a member and signed a petition stating he will not enforce laws that violate the constitution and specifically our Second Amendment rights. He did a great interview and stated that his department wants and needs armed law abiding citizens. He said they have no time to enforce unconstitutional laws against otherwise law abiding folks.
    He already had my vote, but he just might get a contribution from me next time around. This sheriff as just re-elected and ran, I believe, one commercial and a handful of signs. Is opponent flooded local stations with commercials and plastered every space avaliable with signs. The challenger was crushed in the election and got about a tenth of the vote!
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

I wouldn't really count this resources as painting this group in a positive light.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Our Sheriff, and the neighboring county Sheriff have both been vocal that they will not enforce any unconstitutional bans or laws. The group mentioned in the OP sounds a little out there, but law enforcement officials here have come out strongly in support of 2A

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Our county sheriff has made similar vows, here is a link to the local paper article on it.

New gun laws? Mohave sheriff will just say no - Kingman Daily Miner - Kingman, Arizona
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I need to make a correction to my original post. Our sheriff is not a part of the group I poste above. He is on a list released by the group as one of many sheriffs across the country who have stated they will not enforce unconstitutional federal gun laws. He is not a member of the group or associated with them.
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Grantspastor View Post
    Our Sheriff, and the neighboring county Sheriff have both been vocal that they will not enforce any unconstitutional bans or laws. The group mentioned in the OP sounds a little out there, but law enforcement officials here have come out strongly in support of 2A
    Why do they sound " out there" ? The Sheriff's are coming together to stop these unconstitutional law from passing!

Quote Originally Posted by Grantspastor View Post
    Why do they sound " out there" ? The Sheriff's are coming together to stop these unconstitutional law from passing! Your link makes them look real bad. They're on our side! Here's a link to their website Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association | CSPOA

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar

But only four are from Florida. I am quite sure our sheriff from Palm Beach County has no spare time, he presently has too many on going internal investigations of his deputies to be involved with outside organizations.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I still haven't heard back yet from the email I sent to my sheriff to find out how he stands on the issue.

This from their web site. I'm not sure it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Legal counsel
    They have as legal advisor one Judge Navin-Chandra Naidu, who has worked with many organizations from the Sultanate of Sulu to a Chinese county, and is a member of the American Federation of Television & Radio Artists.

Quote Originally Posted by 45Fight View Post
    Why do they sound " out there" ? The Sheriff's are coming together to stop these unconstitutional law from passing! Your link makes them look real bad. They're on our side! Here's a link to their website Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association | CSPOA
    Don't get me wrong! I'm grateful for any and and all support. My Sheriff has vocally come against any weapons ban of any kind. From a public perception standpoint we need to win as many supporters as possible from the general populace. In order to do that we need to be (rightfully) perceived as rational, stable, and logical people who support individual rights and the 2d amendment.

In the past I've tended to view ideas that we might be headed for a revolution of some kind as extreme. Right now? I'm not so sure. I think we are in for some trying times. One thing is for sure! We need to stand together
    Truckinbutch likes this.

Links